SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robert0999

Help me pick a shower head system and freestanding bathtub

Robert Wu
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I'm planning a master bathroom remodeling. A general contractor has been hired with a quoted price of around $30K. My hunch from my previous remodeling projects is it will be pushing $35K by the time it finishes. Two key items I'm about to purchase are shower head system and freestanding bathtub. I have no idea whatsoever about what to choose, where to buy .... etc.

Shower head system w/ hand shower: The local plumbing store carries many brands of shower head system. I looked at two of them: Delta($750) and Brizo($1400). The more expensive Brizo has valves that feel very "substantial" when turning, much better than that of Delta. On the other hand, Delta's flows more water, 2.5gpm vs. 1.75 of Brizo. However, Brizo claims to have "H2O Kinetic" technology that feels more water without using more water...???

Freestanding bathtub: The local plumbing store seems to only carry American Standard starting from $1600. I asked what makes them more expensive than those under $1000 found in the internet. The lady said they won't meet the XXXX standard(can't remember the exact name). They sure look very nice but so are those <$1000(are they?).

I'm willing to spend if I can be sure they are worthwhile. There aren't that many product reviews that I can find. Head spinning....

Comments (2)