SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brian_botkiller

Freestanding Tub Filler that comes from shower hose extension

Brian James
2 years ago

Hi all,

I'm looking to put a freestanding tub into my shower in my house.

The woman who owned prior to me had a very large shower as she was disabled.

I've already chosen a freestanding tub that will work for my needs, but, I don't want to have to punch through the wall to put in a filler faucet for the tub.

Basically, I am searching for a way to get a freestanding filler that I could simply run a extension hose (that would usually be used for a hand washing wand from the shower) to, to fill the tub. This would let me keep the shower portion that comes out of the wall, but also fill the bathtub.

Thing is, I cannot find anything that fits these needs, as every freestanding faucet combo is going to require that I do away with the current shower head by running the water connections to the new freestanding faucet combo. This means taking out the current valve control that feeds the shower, and I really don't want to do any of that -- not because I'm lazy (or unwilling to pay a contractor), but because I don't want to lose the ability to use this as a regular shower.

Putting a tub like this in will also help my home with an appraisal, because it'll up me to a two full bath situation.

Anyway, I'm guessing this is one of those things that I'll have to fashion myself, but I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with jobs like this.

Thanks!

Comments (12)