3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Go!!!

ETA

As in, post your fixins.

Comments (107)

• petalique
    3 years ago

Ah, Annie, I want a bite of that burger! And I find it so sweet that it already has a bite taken from it. Yummy testament.

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    3 years ago

This is what I had last night, all three done PIP (individually) in the 8 quart IP. Beef Ravioli with Red Sauce, Corn on the Cob, and Broccoli. First time I had had these three items together. Surprisingly, to me, it was pretty darned good together. All of the plates were in the dishwasher, so had to use a paper one.

bragu_DSM 5 thanked WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
  • Related Discussions

How many minutes is 163,386 KB QuickTime Movie

Q

Comments (1)
    It's hard to say. It depends a lot on what amount of pixels it was filmed in, such as 800 X 600, or 1024 X 768, etc. I would guess a median of about 2 minutes? Kt
    ...See More

What’s for Dinner #375

Q

Comments (100)
    WalnutCreek, I'll have to try pork chops in the Air Fryer. I have one but the only thing I've liked so far that I made in it was "fried" chicken". Beet chips just fell into the bottom and charred, fish was dried out, potato chips were fiddly and half were crunchy but the rest were not. (sigh) After the beet chip fiasco I shoved it onto a pantry shelf and haven't touched it since, I'll have to drag it back out. Yesterday I took Mother some roasted chicken and twice baked potatoes, the chicken was brined 24 hours and high heat roasted ala AnnT. It was really good, extremely moist and even the breast meat wasn't dry. I also made a big batch of split pea soup, Mother loves it. I had to use yellow peas because I had those and the store didn't have any green split peas (or any other dried beans) in stock. sleevendog, your garden is growing well, and Elery would love an artichoke pizza. Neely, stay well, I'm glad your sons are delivering food, I stopped and did Mother's grocery shopping yesterday and dropped off groceries along with her prepared meals. Jasdip, I'm glad you're just "hunkering down" and there's no reason for quarantine! As for that leprechaun, we didn't catch him, but he dropped some of his treasure, a couple of strings of beans, a few of those "gold" colored dollar coins and some glittery hair clips. Maci insists that she heard "tiny little footsteps in the night" and nearly caught the leprechaun eating all the chocolate, LOL. Annie
    ...See More

Final debate. What’s for dinner?

Q

Comments (22)
    Split Pea Soup with chunks of ham. No debate for me....just can't....DH on zoom call with a friend he has a martini with every Thursday eve. All virtual since COVID except for once in our backyard with social distancing. They've done this for years. It's my quiet time :)
    ...See More

What’s for Dinner #387

Q

Comments (102)
    Shambo, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. I know he had some health issues and you were cooking low salt and healthy meals for him. I'm sending hugs and strong thoughts and prayers to your and your family. Jack, we are kindred spirits, I swear. When I make twice baked potatoes I'll make a whole sheet pan full of them, mine usually just has cheese, butter and sour cream, occasionally I'll add bacon. I freeze them and then package them usually two per package, Mother loves them and they're easy to heat up. Of course someone is always digging through my freezer to see if I have any, all of the grandkids and the kids love them and they make a fast and easy supper. Jasdip, as you know, I love potatoes in just about any form, so being able to grab a package quickly is a luxury. They are quite durable too, LOL. Neely, I have a pile of butternut squash in storage, if only I had a pile of prawns too! sleevendog, that looks pretty to me! Delicious too. No pictures here, today we had hamburgers! Tomorrow we're making sandwiches and having cake and ice cream for Madison's 9th birthday. No party this year, of course, but we bought her a hoverboard, so she'll be happy, even with just her folks and Elery and I. I baked a strawberry cake too, with sea turtles on top, her choice. I'll try to remember to take pictures, and hopefully she won't break an arm or a leg, riding the thing around the kitchen island or something... Annie
    ...See More
  • neely
    3 years ago

Looks like a tasty combo to me WalnutCreek.

I really like that you like sushi so much Lynda. Hah! I do like sushi but don’t think to make it at home, but I should. Anyway yours looks yummy as does that piece of ling cod over pearl cous cous.

Jasdip, two good meals that I would eat straight away. I like carrots with most meals as well.

Totally agree with petalique Annie, the burger looks delicious. Got to love those leaves.

We had what we call Tuna bake made by DH. He makes a large baking dish full which we cut up and freeze largish square chunks. Ideal to poof when neither of us feels like cooking which has been a regular habit of late. Although I have enjoyed getting the foodstuff delivered, I guess I am missing looking at the counters of meat and fish in person in the shops and thinking what I could do with it.

I been making heaps of muffins to have with our at home morning coffee.... blueberry (of course) raspberry, chocolate, choc chip but our favourite has turned out to be these... stewed apple. I dollop a large teaspoon full of the apple on top of the muffin mix then cover over with more of the mix. Apple feels and tastes right.

bragu_DSM 5 thanked neely
  • Lynda (Zn9b/23 - Central CA Coast)
    3 years ago

@neely Those muffins look so good!

• Jasdip
    3 years ago

Apples, I have apples. They'd be good in muffins, thanks for the idea, Neely!

Thanks to Jinx who posted on the favourite recipes thread. I tried her chicken and vegetables in foil for dinner tonight. I found an easy teriyaki sauce recipe, I just added some sambel olek for some kick. Very good, and I'll make it again.

bragu_DSM 5 thanked Jasdip
  • sleevendog (5a NY 6aNYC NL CA)
    3 years ago

Seeing lots of cooler temp meals. We think we had our last BLTAvocado a couple days ago. A dozen green ones still out there but they do not care for the cold.

bragu_DSM 5 thanked sleevendog (5a NY 6aNYC NL CA)
  • Jasdip
    3 years ago

Sleeve, I'm so glad you're back at the WFD thread!

Your 'they do not care for the cold' made me smile.

• John Liu
    3 years ago

DD made us brunch! The “potatoes” are turnip - she’s on the keto diet.

bragu_DSM 5 thanked John Liu
  • lizbeth-gardener
    3 years ago

Gorgeous plate, John Liu! Looks like you're reaping the benefits of DD being back home.

• John Liu
    3 years ago

I had to do all the dishes :-(

3 years ago

@John What a nice brunch....well worth doing the dishes for!

• neely
    3 years ago

Yum John! Looks like your DD sautéd the turnip. I am always trying to think of ways to use up turnips.

Am craving a BLT with avocado now Sleevendog.

Teriyaki chicken and vegetables sounds good Jasdip.

A friend came over and we ate outside. She brought salads, dips and Turkish bread. Though no cooking was actually done by me it was ‘What’s for Dinner’ or rather late lunch.

• Peke
    3 years ago

Cullen Skink soup except I can't buy smoked haddock here so I used salmon that I smoked at home.

3 years ago

Tonight we had Thai green curry chicken using the curry paste I made last week. With the paste made already, it made for a quick and tasty mid week dinner.

bragu_DSM 5 thanked Lynda (Zn9b/23 - Central CA Coast)
  • annie1992
    3 years ago

Petalique, feel badly for poor Elery, he had to stop eating his burger so I could take a picture of it, LOL. Mine had no chili and didn't look nearly as good...

Lynda, the cod looks good, but the sushi always calls to me, I need to make some.

Jasdip, you just had to post those crashed potatoes, didn't you. Yeah, you know what you are doing to me. (grin)

Walnut Creek, those are the same plates Mother has, she calls them the "good china". (snicker) Corn on the cob is pretty much over here, yours looks good and fresh. I did see some at the grocery store, $4.99 for 3 ears. Wow, it seems like it was just all along the road in truckloads and now it's gone.

Neely, is that kind of like our American tuna noodle casserole? The muffins, now those look yummy!

Sleevendog, you still have tomatoes? Even the ones I covered gave up a couple of weeks ago here, Elery is still in mourning!

JohnLiu, I haven't tried home fries with turnips but I do that with golden beets and if you get them crispy enough they are a passable alternative. Of course, I do like the beets anyway. Sorry about those dishes, but I'm betting it was worth it!

Peke, I like all types of seafood chowder, and it's the right weather for it here, I might have to make some, thanks for the push.

Here today we had "meatless Monday", a recipe that called itself Butternut Squash Lasagna but had no resemblance to lasagna other than it was assembled in layers. It was from Eating Well and was pretty good, slices of butternut squash layered with ricotta and spinach, a cheese sauce and mushrooms and onions. We had home canned green beans on the side.

Last night I was at Mother's delivering her weekly meals. I took potato soup, soft rolls, molasses cookies, some cheese quiche. No pictures.

Before that we had eggroll in a bowl and some diced golden beets, glazed with some of my home canned Habanero Gold:

Another night I baked bread and made some bean soup with several kinds of beans and various vegetables:

Tomorrow? Who knows...

Annie

bragu_DSM 5 thanked annie1992
  • Jasdip
    3 years ago

Nice healthy meals Neely and Lynda.

Annie I like making the egg roll in a bowl when I want lots of leftovers. At least mine sure grows!

I bought some discounted zucchini that was in a tray to make my teriyaki chicken. I didn't use it all so I turned the rest into Nick Stellino's pasta with zucchini sauce. It's a nice summery dish, good way to use up zucchini/yellow squash.

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    3 years ago

Tried to be creative with some leftover Thai Hot Chicken last night. About 1 cup of the chicken, a big handful and a small handful of shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, mixed it well. Did this while my pasta was cooking in the IP. When the pasta was done, mixed in the chicken/cheese along with about a good 1/4 cup or more pesto sauce. Mixed it all in well, then put the lid back on the IP, set it to Warm while I prepared garlic bread for the toaster oven. And, also to take care of the baby carrots in another IP. I loved the flavors of the pasta dish and will make this again. Here is the result.

• neely
    3 years ago

Good cooking going on here everyone but it’s Annie’s Butternut squash lasagna that has my full attention... seems a good idea.

Rollmop salad. A different brand than I usually get. This one tasted good but the skin was tough. The brand I usually get is meltingly soft with a texture like velvet. I know you and textures Annie. How are you on rollmops?

3 years ago

I had to look up rollmop. I think we would like that. The velvet version. I do have an issue with even slightly chewy skin. Salmon needs to be crispy or it comes off. Same with chicken skin...

Oh b@lls. I just checked the forecast. First frost tomorrow night. I'll just pick all the tomatoes today. I might bring a few plants inside.

One year at the farm we had an august 28th first frost. We pulled up a few dozen whole plants out of the ground and hung upside down in the barn.

50º and rainy here today so not much will happen towards ripening. The squirrel still gets one or two cherries a day or I would have many more.

3 years ago

Sleevendog, It is great that you still have tomatoes. What varieties do you grow? Ours have been done for months now. It was the worst season we had for them. This was our first year with no excess to preserve.

3 years ago

Ugh, triple b@lls. Just got a text about storm Zeta from our power company. Who the heck is Zeta? Picked all my tomatoes and now I'm soaking wet. No wind until 6pm. Generator tested. Power loss imminent.

(BIL has three b@lls, 😂😂😂) He does not drink so no past chances to view, 😂)... him, "it is only by touch"....me, "I'll go there!"😜 lol.

That darn squirrel, right on his noon schedule, in the rain even, looked around confused. I left him the one tomato too big for him to carry that he bit into a few days ago. (jerky)

Lynda, tomatoes are complicated. Like so many crops, they are not an easy natural grow-out for most climates. We start seeds early under lights, then pot up, then set deep into soil when our soils warm up...not very natural by nature but necessary.

Not every year is kind. Too wet, too dry, cold then too hot.

-if I was smart 30 years ago I would have a rhubarb farm. Grows like a weed and needs nothing. Retirement, sit back and hire help to harvest. Rain/drought no issues.

Most of us here and on gardening forums have our top ten tomatoes we plant every year. I have 300+ varieties but just grow-out around a hundred now. But I'm breeding. Focusing on that now. That would be another thread for top ten varieties. The tomato pictured is one of mine.

Back to dinner. Lamb. Just had a delivery of three more lamb rack dinners. If all fails for a traditional thanksgiving, we are fine. DH has been covid exhausted. Traditional preferred for 30-40 years. Went off with duck and other choices a few times. I like my basics. As does he. In normal times.

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    3 years ago

Had an interesting and tasty meal last night. Had some leftover roast chicken I drizzled with duck fat and put in a tin on the lowest tray in the air fryer. Then on the second tray put some chunked potato that I had drizzled with duck fat and sprinkled with salt, pepper, and cornmeal. And had leftover honeyed carrots. When I make the potatoes again, will not use as much cornmeal. Also, everything is sort one color. Regardless, everything was good and I am using up leftovers.

• seagrass_gw Cape Cod
    3 years ago

We're chilly here, in the mid 40's. We're having leftover chicken Massaman curry I made last night. I always sub sweet potatoes for white. Peanuts on top with Jasmine rice.

• John Liu
    3 years ago

DS is cooking, in his college house. He sent me this picture, which he said is fried chicken and sweet potato fries. Looks like the boys are playing cards. My tuition $ well spent!

bragu_DSM 5 thanked John Liu
  • Jasdip
    3 years ago

John, what a great meal your DS made!!! Lucky you that both of your kids are self-sufficient.

• John Liu
    3 years ago

his Christmas gift will be a book on Japanese one-pot meals and a suitable vessel!

oh, and a game console.

• l pinkmountain
    3 years ago

I've been away for a couple years. I love this thread but it makes me feel too guilty and gives me ambitions in the kitchen that I don't necessarily have time to fulfill or the money or calorie allotment. Also, I don't necessarily want to take the time to photograph my food or download the photos for posting. I refuse to get started with GW on my phone.

Now that I have that grumpy disclaimer out of the way, where to begin . . .

Jasdip making an apple crostada is on my "to do" list of recipe to try from my late Mother's recipe file. I have all the ingredients but end of the garden tasks need to take priority right now. Your photo was helpful and inspiring.

Also Jasdip, do you think you could post the recipe for the pasta with zucshini sauce? I could use a vegetarian recipe like that. Or even add chicken or white beans to it . . .

I've been trying to take more pleasure in my kitchen time . . . it is definitely a way to set a goal and then have the satisfaction of seeing it to completion relatively quickly, at least for some dishes. Too often though, my results aren't all that great as far as I'm concerned. I've had some success lately with the food I think I am best at . . . soup!

Here's a photo from last night's dinner--It is N. African Potato Salad featuring cumin and dried cilantro, along with Spanish pimento stuffed olives, scallions and tomatoes plus a red wine evoo dressing. I didn't like it. Cumin goes well with potatoes IMHO, but this particular recipe tasted dry and dusty to me. Not a keeper. I make a "Mexican" type of potato salad modeled after some I had at Wegman's back in the day, using corn and peppers and having a lemon cilantro or parsley/corriander pesto in the dressing. That one is much better. This one with dried cilantro didn't cut it for me. I got the recipe off of the dried cilantro jar, so that's why I was willing to give it a try. In this application it just wasn't great. Dried cilantro has a pretty washed out flavor, even when fresh, which mine was.

Tonight's goal is some pasta sauce and then a baked penne riff after one I saw on Lidia Bastianich's feed earlier this week. Still have some fresh tomatoes from the garden so giving it a try for the sauce . . . and one vegetarian Italian sausage and a pork chop from dinner with Dad to add, along with some French lentils. That will replace the ground pork that was in Lidia's dish . . .

bragu_DSM 5 thanked l pinkmountain
  • WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    3 years ago

Another simple meal last night, leftover beans and rice to which I added a little beer before heating; that was a big success. Also had air fried breaded okra, along with green onions, cherry tomatoes, and fresh baked cornbread. Don't know why my pictures are sideways now, I position the phone camera just as I always have. Perhaps the recent updates caused that. Will try to remember to turn the phone the other way, the next time I use it to take a picture.

• Jasdip
    3 years ago

Annie, here's Nick Stellino's pasta with zuchinni sauce.

1 pound pasta, penne or rigatoni

6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

½ teaspoon red pepper flakes

2 cups zucchini, cut into half inch cubes

½ teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon ground black pepper

2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped

2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped

2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped

3 tablespoons fresh garlic, chopped

2 cups chicken stock or the water in which you are cooking the pasta

4 tablespoons grated Romano or parmesan cheese

3 tablespoons unsalted butter

Bring a pot of water to boil. Then add the pasta and cook three minutes less than the directions given on the package. (We will finish cooking the pasta in the sauce.)

In a large sauté pan, add the olive oil and cook over medium heat.

Add the red pepper flakes, cook two minutes while stirring.

Add the zucchini and stir well while they fry in the hot olive oil. Continue cooking until they start to brown, about three minutes.

Add salt, pepper, mint, parsley and basil. Stir well to incorporate the ingredients with the zucchini mixture.

Add the garlic, stir well and cook one more minute.

Add the chicken stock or pasta water and keep stirring while the sauce reduces, about 10 to 12 minutes.

Add the drained pasta to the sauce and cook, stirring well for two to three more minutes.

Turn off the heat and add the grated cheese and butter, then stir well until all the cheese has melted and the butter is incorporated into the sauce.

Plate the pasta in individual dishes or pour the pasta into a large serving bowl and serve it family style.

• l pinkmountain
    3 years ago

Wow, it's just what the recipe says it is, pasta with zucchini! I'm going to have to try it next time I have a bounty of zucchinis.

• annie1992
    3 years ago

Thanks, Jasdip, although it was lpink that asked for that recipe. You know how many zucchini I got this year, so any good zucchini recipes go into my file for next year!

Annie

• neely
    3 years ago

Dinner tonight was crispy skin salmon with sweet potatoes & broccoli. A mustard sauce for me and a wedge of lemon for DH

• Jasdip
    3 years ago

Beautiful salmon dish, Neely.

Ooops, sorry Pink, I was in a rush, and I misread it and thought that Annie wanted the recipe. It's a keeper, it's very good.

3 years ago

Neely, that salmon looks great.

Halloween dinner tonight was DH's Scampi over my couscous with shallots and bell pepper, plus rosemary focaccia.

• Peke
    3 years ago

I just watched Nick Stellino make that exact same pasta shape in pesto. Looks exactly the same. He said the pasta will not be found in regular stores.

• l pinkmountain
    3 years ago

Home grown garden fresh tomato sauce made to go with baked penne pasta. Sauce was from recipe I found and clipped from the back of some type of package. Really good, will be making more. Just basic sauce. No carrots or celery but lots of onion and some red wine. I didn't use all the recipe called for, because I can't afford to splurge and use all that much wine. It called for a cup, I used 2/3 cup, rest was chicken broth. Needed also a sprinkle of sugar, some of my tomatoes were a tad on the green side . . .and I also threw in a half small can of tomato paste that I had already open in the fridge. A light sauce as most of my home growns are yellow toms.

bragu_DSM 5 thanked l pinkmountain
  • neely
    3 years ago

l pinkmountain your sauce sounds good. Love that scampi Lynda.

We are finally out of lockdown (again) no new cases and no deaths for 4 days in a row. 47 still existing cases in 5 million are all in quarantine or hospital. It was a long 4 months and I am still being careful. Everyone wears a mask in public.

. I am getting into the way of visiting my little grandson again. He is 14 months old now, and for 6 months out of his life we have only seen each other on FaceTime. He was shy the first time I went there and then suddenly ran at me and lifted up his arms to be picked up and started patting my face. So nice.

Anyway I was late home from visiting him and really had to move it to get our dinner ready. We were hungry. Pork chop, fried peppers and chilli in olive oil, mashed carrot and parsnip and a bit of broccoli.

3 years ago

Gorgeous plating Neely. And the salmon. I just ordered salmon again from Alaska. And pork chops from my local farm share should be here today.

BUT, the best news ever is being back with your family. 😍 Your successes are all oven the news. NYState is 20 million. We have held steady low but we are 90+% compliant with all precautions. So stressed with all going on.

Very few places are doing well. Vietnam was zero forever but some border crossings have caused a few problems. (I follow a yTube food travel guy there)

Eating ok even with lack of sleep....big day here,

best of luck America

Watermelon still fantastic and 2-3 tiny tomatoes ripen each day.

• Jasdip
    3 years ago

Congratulations on your newfound freedom Neely!!! Beautiful meal as well.

Sleeve, great looking salad!!!

I made a quick dinner of egg roll in a bowl. I was so excited to find cabbages at $1.88 each. For the past year or more they've been selling them by the pound, usually .85/lb. That sure adds up to be a pricey veg.

Someone in my cast iron group said they'd never thought of eating it straight up, they always put it in egg roll wrappers with a dipping sauce. That sounds so good, but I'm a terrible roller----whether it's enchiladas, fajitas etc. By the time I finished fussing with the wrap, the food would be cold, and something would be thrown across the kitchen.

3 years ago

That looks good! I do still have a couple nice cabbages that I keep checking for freshness. Lots of veg and root crops to choose from. Went with easy comfort meal for voting day.

Nice cast iron rare steaks. Roasted veg. Pile of baby Brussels added at the last 10 minutes of roasting but did not make the pic. (DH ate the bulk before the plates hit the table) We both love Brussels.

I seared an extra steak and planned the extra roasties. Have a beef stew on the stovetop using all that. And a fresh mirepoix with wine and bone broth. Easy meal for tomorrow.

Thinking salmon tonight....

• Jasdip
    3 years ago

Oh your roasted veg looks so good, Sleeve!!! I laughed at your hubs eating the brussels right off the plate. Was 10 minutes enough to soften them enough to eat?

3 years ago

Our market, BC (before covid) had a big help-your-self bin of Brussel sprouts. I would pick a bag of itty-bittie ones, and a bag of large. Same size for cooking. My last veg box had both so I separated the tiny ones for this. Tossed them on top in the hot oven and shut the oven off...they roasted just enough being tiny.

A few big ones, just now, I sliced tonight in a sauté with bok choy, a shallot and a bit of fennel. Butter. I need a base veg for crispy salmon. Just making it up as I have so many options with the Misfit box.

• annie1992
    3 years ago

Yum, sleevendog, I love brussels sprouts, maybe I'll pick some up for dinner soon and your roasted veggies look really good.

My election is over, my precinct had the highest voter turnout in the county at 85.66%. It was very busy but everyone behaved themselves and things went smoothly. Today I did nothing except take naproxen for my aching back from being on my feet for 16 hours and think how nice it was to not have to take the phone into the bathroom with me because I was getting constant calls about early voting (Michigan doesn't have it), absentee ballots, people checking to make sure they were still registered to vote, although they voted in August and it was OK.

Anyway, now I can do some cooking again. I got my first box from Wild Alaskan Seafood today, it contained 4 pieces of cod, 4 pieces of sockeye salmon, 2 pieces of coho and 2 pieces of halibut, as well as 2 pounds of crab legs. I also got $25 off, so it was still expensive but I justified it by planning to eat the halibut for Christmas for Elery and I, it's one of my favorite types of fish but terribly expensive here.

I haven't had time to load pictures, but some of these look delicious.

Neely, your salmon with mustard sauce sounds like something I'd like a lot, as well as the carrot/parsnip mash. I really like parsnips. Congratulations on getting to see that grandson again, nothing is quite like watching them grow.

Lynda, I always like shrimp and yours looks perfect.

Peke, another Nick Stellino fan!! Stand here with me and Jasdip...

Lpink, that sauce looks perfect. I like the lighter tomatoes a lot, they are sweet and mild, almost like tropical fruit.

Jasdip, I like that eggroll better without the wrappers, and I'm also terrible at wrapping/rolling. Spring rolls, burritos, eggrolls. Phyllo is the worst, I'll never touch it again, ugh.

Tonight we had chili and cornbread, Elery cooked.

Annie

3 years ago

This is my last veg box. Last Wednesday. 8 days now and still going through it. Could not even fit it on one page. Keeps me on my cooking game toes. Trying new things/combinations, is a good diversion from political divisions, yada.

note tiny Brussels. 😍

3 years ago

So glad I photo while washing and putting away. Keeping track for what might be in boxes via seasons for next year. And looking on my computer I can see what is in my crisper without digging. (I do this with my local meat share as well)...

Sous vide pork chops tonight...a nice asian pear and VivianHowards 'Little Green Dress' recipe. (her new book)

• Jasdip
    3 years ago

Wow, that's a lot of vegetables! I love the wee brussels, I'm going to make a point of getting them next time. I always buy the big ones, but they do take a long time to roast.

You have kale, I got some out of the landlord's garden (which is on the property where my apt bldg is) with their permission, and made a Zuppa Toscana soup. It was so good only one container made it to the freezer, I had hoped to freeze several.

3 years ago

Annie - Yay for fish! My local fish market https://www.sbfish.com/collections/buy-fresh-fish-online  also ships fish, both frozen and fresh. They also do boxes on a one time or subscription basis. It is not cheap, but it is very good.

• annie1992
    3 years ago

I agree, Lynda, yay for fish. I usually eat fish like Lake Perch or white fish or locally caught salmon, available fresh from the Great Lakes, I'm only about 40 miles inland from Lake Michigan. I also have blue gill, catfish and bass in my pond, but if I want any kind of ocean fish or seafood, well, I'm a long way from the ocean, LOL. I used to get fresh fish at the Downtown Market in Grand Rapids, they had it flown in daily and it was expensive but good. Now I'm not going anywhere other than essential grocery trips for Mother and I'm getting as much as possible via delivery. This is the first time I've tried to get anything perishable like fish via delivery and I was very impressed with the packaging and dry ice, everything was still frozen solid. Of course, here in Michigan there won't be a problem with frozen food delivery from now until about April, LOL.

I'm going to try the Misfits, hopefully they will be sufficiently protected from our sometimes sub zero weather. Sleevendog's fresh vegetables call to me during the times my own garden isn't producing, although I'm getting fresh salad, bok choi and a few small turnips from my hoop houses and I have crates of butternut squash in storage.

Annie

• neely
    3 years ago

Not really familiar with egg rolls but what you’ve cooked looks tasty to me Jasdip.

Fabulous lot of veg Sleevendog. Love to see the book choy there, no doubt you know many ways to use it.

You fish delivery Annie, sounds wonderful and sounds like it arrived in good condition for your freezer as well. I still have never had Halibut.... yourself and AnnT have me wishing I had.

I’m off to start a new thread Whoo hoo.

3 years ago

Annie, I missed your post above. Congrats on the seafood delivery. And your service attending to our elections. (I think I will finally get a good nights sleep). Good thing my mattress pad doubles as a wee-wee pad. 😬 I drink so much water and even more now with the heat running, I fear such a deep sleep that I dream the one where you think you have gotten up to go...(I had a leaky incontinent pet, hence the pad.)

I just had another box of Alaskan salmon delivered. Around 18$ a pound but the shipping was free and rock solid sushi grade. Halibut is another favorite but is around 22 a pound locally here. The salmon is 6-7 ounce servings cryovack is a meal we split. (no annoying food saver time/expense😜).

Misfits just took on Idaho. Sending my brother and his family a gift box for the holidays. BC(before Covid) we were planning to air B&B a big beach house near my parents and have a big holiday reunion this year. Bummer.

COOKWME-WV5KVC ...code for 30% off your first box. If you dislike it, easy to cancel and only out less than 20$

We get every other week, the small box. Plenty for us and we eat a veg-heavy diet. Choosing today for next Wednesdays delivery.

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath