What’s for Dinner #387
5 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (102)
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
Related Discussions
What 's for dinner?
Comments (13)Wish I had a neighbor growing them - I need to find some way to try them before deciding on adding them to my orchard. I have never seen them available for sale except for some with splitting skins dripping juices that looked like they were rotten orange tomatoes, and the fruit stand had marked them down to 4 for a buck. I go to farmers markets in several places but no one in my area grows em...See MoreWhat’s for Dinner #398 Nov 2021
Comments (100)Mmm cheese sauce and gnocchi sounds good to me Walnut creek. Jasdip, your salad and drumstick followed by your caponata look delicious. I did look up the difference between caponata and ratatouille and it seems caponata has the addtion of olives perhaps capers... did you add these to yours? We had a few cool days and while I‘m not in a real cooking frame of mind at the moment... I did cook up Fish and six veg. I had some red sauce left over from the pizza so I made a sort of patatas brava with potatoes and sweet potatoes...See MoreWhat’s for Dinner #408 Late Fall 2023
Comments (97)No interesting cooking for people over here, but I’ve been cooking tasty food for dogs :-) We’re in Berkeley taking care of our friends’ very elderly and reportedly on his last legs little dog. I am, of course, determined that he will not expire on my watch, and when he eats enthusiastically I feel better. So, what to feed him? The base is a tasty homemade chicken stock, made from a roasted chicken, carrots, celery, onion - just like you’d make a chicken stock for yourself. We cook a batch of rice with that stock. Other chicken is browned then simmered, and minced up. His kibble is soaked in more stock. Then some more cooked chicken and carrots get pureed with stock into a sort of gravy-paste. Rice, kibble, and gravy are mixed, then briefly warmed in the microwave. Finally, crisp bacon is crumbled on top. I am pleased to say that Elderly Dog positively gobbles his food, cleaning his bowl reliably enough that I can give him his pills crushed in the food. I’d happily eat it myself, actually, except that there’s no salt or spice. Well, I don’t really like kibble. All the fixings are in stored in Tupperware so feeding doesn’t take long....See MoreWhat’s for dinner #411 Late Spring 2024
Comments (0)Sunday roast chicken with tarragon stuffing that’s trying to escape the bird. You can tell DH prepared the vegetables because the carrots are in rounds which I never do. He made the gravy as well....See More- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years agolast modified: 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
Related Stories

LIFEData Watch: What’s Great, and What’s Not, About a Smaller Home
Houzz asked more than 200 U.S. homeowners about life in 1,000 square feet or less. Here’s what they said
Full Story
LIFEThe Polite House: What’s an Appropriate Gift to Welcome a New Neighbor?
Etiquette expert Lizzie Post suggests the right time and best presents to introduce a new neighbor to your area
Full Story
MOVINGHouzz Call: What’s Your Best Downsizing Tip?
Deciding what to say goodbye to can be hard, which is why we want to hear your hard-won wisdom. Please share your advice
Full Story

FUN HOUZZHouzz Call: What’s on Your Refrigerator?
Magnets, menus, children’s art, coupons, perfect-attendance certificates, song lyrics — what is fridge-worthy in your house?
Full Story
LIFEHouzz Call: What’s Your Perfect House Size?
How big is too big? How small is too small? Please tell us which home size is just right for you
Full Story
TASTEMAKERSHouzz Call: What’s Your Favorite TV or Movie Home?
Movies and TV shows capture our hearts with their settings as well as their stories. Which on-screen houses do you love?
Full Story
HOUZZ CALLWhat’s the Best Way to Spend the Week After Christmas?
Do you catch up on home projects and reading? Or do you like to get out of town? Please share what has worked for you!
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESHouzz Call: What’s Your Favorite Backyard Beauty?
The simple, honest daisy is this writer’s go-to garden flower. We want to hear which plant, flowering or otherwise, gives you special joy
Full Story
INSIDE HOUZZWhat’s Popular for Kitchen Islands in Remodeled Kitchens
Contrasting colors, cabinets and countertops are among the special touches, the U.S. Houzz Kitchen Trends Study shows
Full StorySponsored
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations





























































Jasdip