SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tinam1962

How is the embracing grey (hair) going?

3 years ago

I think I last colored in March. Could have been April. My first time back to the salon, my stylist added a few highlights. Later on she added lowlights. Last haircut we only touched up the lowlights along my part. I have an appointment for a cut this week.

It's going well. I have lighter areas - like my temples, which is fine. Along the lower back, especially, it's still fairly dark. I have not had a root "line". My stylist did a great job with the highlights and lowlights to prevent this. My only complaint is now, several months later, a few of the highlights are kind of a goldish/lighter brown color. They mostly just blend in other than one across the front. I part my hair to the side and have long bangs which kind of "swoop" to the side, if that makes sense. That front streak at times drives me crazy. That highlighted "streak" has grown out probably a couple of inches. I'm thinking of having her bleach that one streak out.

Also, I'm following a couple of ladies on instagram who are going grey and am going to purchase a product one recommended "Keracolor Clenditioner Color Depositing Conditioner Colorwash" in silver.

How are you other silver sisters doing?

Comments (31)