SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_954657520

Looking for feedback on kitchen design

Dayna Richard
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi there!

Looking to get some feedback on our rough plans for a kitchen remodel. My husband and I are both big into neutrals (I find them calming), and I'm hesitant to do anything major like our backsplash in a colour because then we are stuck with it. Also, our kitchen isn't exactly a huge kitchen, but it's open concept to our living and dining, which is decorated in grey and the floors throughout our kitchen/living/dining are dark grey wood.

The things we've found that we like so far all tend to be white. Our backsplash would be white with dark grey grout (to tie in with the island), with white cabinets and a white countertop. I guess I'm worried it would end up looking too clinical. I put together a little "mood board" with some of the things we are looking at and hoping to get any feedback people might have! We are thinking about going with white Axstad cabinets and dark grey Axtad cabinets for the island (I don't love the colour grey they have, but oh well). The photos of cabinets below are the Axstad cabinets, and on the right are examples of the kind of stools/accessories I would try to get. Also for hardware I would want to go with something with warm tones.

Also, I wanted to add some wood accents in, but I'm worried it will clash with our grey wood floors (our dining table and coffee table are also grey wood). But I've gotten on the more brown/natural wood colour trend and I'm hoping I can incorporate it into our kitchen!

Thanks all in advance!! :)

Comments (3)