SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tiana_harris27

Rustic Farm to Modern Farmhouse

We are buying a home on a 6 acre farm. Right now there is soooo much pine. Any suggestions on a transformation for this kitchen to modern farmhouse? Paint cabinets? Add hardware?

Comments (56)

• PRO
    Norwood Architects
    3 years ago

I would say yes to painting the cabinets. They don't look bad by any means but painting would freshen them up considerable. Would also suggest painting the wood door and window casings as well as new pendants. Good luck!

• Amber Webb
    3 years ago

I would not paint the cabinets. I agree with the previous comment about the colors not working well together. I would paint the walls a shade of white and also paint the window and door trim white. The top of the vent hood that sticks up above the cabinets could be painted as well. If you paint these things and add a hardware you like the kitchen will look much different. Changing the pendants would also have a big impact. The ones you have are very understated in this kitchen. They almost disappear.

• Related Discussions

decorating a rustic farmhouse/Cabin style home

Q

Comments (27)
    Here is a home with a mix of white and wood trim - I would leave the beautiful trim wood, but if there are rooms with cheaper wood trim, those could go white. https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/Pacific-Grove-CA/fsba,fsbo,fore,cmsn_lt/pf,mmm_pt/house_type/19323966_zpid/33300_rid/globalrelevanceex_sort/36.65933,-121.861554,36.568252,-121.980858_rect/12_zm/? If you have solid wood doors, don't paint them, though do what you like to hollow core or MDF doors. Wood with white trim is a pretty combo: Painted wood panel doors can be a pain to upkeep - the painted door show more scratches and the wood moves with changes in temp and humidity causing hairline cracks at the joints. Wood paneled doors are classic - less susceptible to changes in paint / style trends I have a similar kitchen which I did in a vintage style without painting the cabinets. I used the Kohler Whitehaven "short apron" style farm sink which can be installed on a standard sink base cabinet: https://www.houzz.com/photos/my-pics-work-in-progress-phvw-vp~93784356 https://www.houzz.com/photos/my-pics-work-in-progress-phvw-vp~93784291 If you don't want to do a farm sink, but give the feel of one, curtain the sink base. This is my basement kitchenette which I put together with some of my original kitchen cabinets (refinished) and my old cast iron sink. https://www.houzz.com/photos/my-pics-work-in-progress-phvw-vp~65270573 Some inexpensive ideas for decor are vintage china plates (I spent less then a few dollars on many of mine), botanical art, floral art and vintage finds.
    ...See More

Decorating modern farmhouse when stuck with wood colored trim

Q

Comments (22)
    Just redefine your terms and adjust your "farmhouse" design inspirations to include wood tones. If you are only watching Joanna Gaines that's all youre going to see- and want. However, there are plenty of other takes on "contemporary farmhouse" out there. I honestly am not getting why browns/beiges/greiges are ok for painted surfaces, but not the same color in a wood stain. Yellow-golds, grays and whites are classic .... would fit quite nicely with your ca. 1980s gold toned wood. Re above statements that white trim will never go out of style.... well ya, some truth to that but the drab colorless interiors, the monotone white on white will. Mark my words, people in the not too distant future will be cursing the latex paint that soaked into the pores of their brick and caused it to spall, wondering "what were they thinking." Lets not forget that there was a time when people thought that a popcorn ceiling and metallic blobs of paint sponged onto every conceivable surface was a good idea!
    ...See More

Needing a modern farm house

Q

Comments (9)
    The advice to find an architect is good, though I may be biased. :) There are a number of things you can do now that will help you whether you choose to work with an architect or buy plans online: Get to know your site. Visit the site at different times of day. Observe where bad weather comes from? Where is the sun? Are there drainage challenges? What other homes are around? Get to know your needs and wants. Make a realistic list of the rooms you'd like to have and approximate sizes. A simple spreadsheet can help you stay on track. Also list desirable features. Get to know your lifestyle. Do you like or hate to cook? Are you a family that sits down to dinner together every night or are you a grab and go family that has 30,000 different activities to keep up with? What are your hobbies, needs for privacy/togetherness etc. Get to know your style. "Modern farmhouse" is a definite start but as Mark says it means very different things to different people. Pictures are a great way to communicate what you like and dislike. This pre-design homework will help you immensely with your project. Good luck!
    ...See More

Modern Farm House. Need dinning chairs/bench/ rug for Marble Table

Q

Comments (7)
    Lovely home. This bench by Seisenberger echoes your stairs and the Clear Square Chair by Brickell gives you the aesthetic you're looking for. Would be fun to put the bench across from the 4 chairs. I like the rug you already have, but you might want to consider a cowhide rug off to the side: http://www.archiproducts.com/en/products/janua/wooden-bench-with-back-sc02-bench-with-back_256361 http://brickellcollection.com/product/clear-square-chair/ https://decohides.com/products/real-cowhide-rug-tricolor
    ...See More
  • roccouple
    3 years ago

I feel like the cabinets are quite nice but the layout of that kitchen is problematic. I might hold off on changes until you know what you want to do with it. You might want a bigger upgrade

• Keepthefaith MIGirl
    3 years ago

Another opinion 😆 If it were me, I'd start with the wall color. like everyone said, it needs to be less yellow more white. Bigger light fixture that's modern. Add hardware that's matte black and modern. The floors will depend on what's next to this room. You could throw down a large carpet remnant that's neutral tone until you decide. Your faucets and counter look modern, as well as the appliances.

• Kathleen Marineau
    3 years ago

I agree with painting the walls, but not more white. Part of the problem is the "life" in the cabinets and the "movement" in the floor stain are being drowned in blah.

I suggest choosing a color that is energizing for you. There is plenty of white in the tile behind the cook-top and the counters. I would try a light green from the refrigerator to the large window (your 3rd photo). Pick a shade that complements the trees so it draws your eye to the view.

I disagree with changing the floor color. Adding a colorful mat in front of the sink and cooktop would keep it from becoming monotonous.

• Maureen
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I lived with my mid-tone high quality wood cabinets for years; recently painted them and only wish I had done it much sooner.

Suggest though holding off so you can collect inspiration pictures and know exactly what you want: 1) Painting all 2) painting half and restaining lowers 3)restaining all 4) decor changes only

It’s a big expense having redone professionally (get quotes to help you decide) or a lot of work doing on your own.

If you decide to redo, I’d restain the bottoms, paint uppers, and add new hardware and lighting (I think the floor is fine). Looks like your backsplash and counter would also work well with the look below. Good luck and enjoy your new home.

• Becky Caudill
    3 years ago

The photo Maureen posted above is gorgeous.

• JustDoIt
    3 years ago

I love the cabinets and vote no to painting.

• strategery
    3 years ago

I'm with @deegw.

• afreshpairofeyes
    3 years ago

Paint the cabinets white, light wood flooring

• Ann Brokaw
    3 years ago

I think the kitchen needs some color. Are the countertops in good shape? If not, I would replace them with a good stone that has some green or other color in it. Perhaps the pendant lights could be replaced with bigger pendants with more character and color. Putting in a section of interesting, colorful, backsplash tile over the stove would add character. I like your cabinets. It is a nice kitchen.

• gedzstuff
    3 years ago

I second Maureen's comment -- Yes, something is at odds here, but you really could go in multiple directions, so take the time to see which direction excites you, and then decide what you can salvage. Once you paint, there's no going back, so you might as well create a vision for yourself first. Asking us for advice might bring in some ideas, but it can also get your head spinning! The good news is that it's spacious and you have a lot of options. Good luck!

• Lynn G
    3 years ago

I like the pine cabinets - don't make painting those a priority. Also with pine not sure they cover as well with paint - seems the "knots" always sort of "bleed" through the paint....

Try some other initiatives first then see if you like it better... Especially if there are things you already know you don't like...

The floor stands out to me as just not interesting and fighting the wood. I wonder if there is a way to change the color of it in some way - to something lighter. I always prefer wood floors. If it's not an option to switch to wood, perhaps putting vinyl-wood-looking planking could be an option for not too much money... Or just plain paint....

I'd remove the double cabinet that is between the 2 windows. That stands out to me the most as not going well in that space. Can put a couple shelves up, or a nice piece of artwork - colorful. I had something similar in the house I bought and removed it. Never missed it. Looks much better.

I think part of what's fighting this too is the stainless appliances. I don't think brown and grey work well together. Anywhere. That's a big purchase, but perhaps as the appliances get older and need replacement, if you keep the wood unpainted, think perhaps of adding appliances that are white, or another color like turquoise - that color always goes nicely with shades of brown.

https://search.aol.com/aol/image;_ylt=A0geK.EeGjlfmlYAdChpCWVH;_ylu=X3oDMTByMDgyYjJiBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMyBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--?q=turquoise+appliances&v_t=webmail-searchbox

For less money, get "skins" to cover what you have - lots of colors and decorations available... Can be playful with less financial commitment...

https://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?rs=ac&len=2&q=magnetic%20fridge%20skins&eq=fridge%20skins&etslf=9857&term_meta[]=magnetic%7Cautocomplete%7C2&term_meta[]=fridge%7Cautocomplete%7C2&term_meta[]=skins%7Cautocomplete%7C2

As others mentioned, white paint on the wall would be nice. I've used Ben Moore's "Chintilly Lace" for my last 2 homes and really like it: it's bright without being too warm/yellow or cool/blue. I painted my walls, ceilings, trim (gloss) and even my cabinets all the same color. Then add pops of colors around. Some examples:

https://search.aol.com/aol/image;_ylt=AwrJ61rqGzlfvUoA9VxpCWVH;_ylu=X3oDMTByMDgyYjJiBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMyBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--?q=benjamin+moore+chantilly+lace&v_t=webmail-searchbox

And someone else's review of it:

https://designingvibes.com/my-review-of-benjamin-moores-chantilly-lace/

And as others mentioned, the pendents aren't doing much. Here's a site with some that could add some larger size/presence and color if desired:

https://www.shadesoflight.com/categories/colorful-pendant-lights

Here's one on that site that may go good with your farmhouse attempts, and comes in a variety of colors. I'd found an old/vintage one like this in white at a re-sale shop for $10 and spray painted it pink and hung it over my sink. I love it! (color's weird as I have lousy lighting in my kitchen....)

https://www.shadesoflight.com/products/young-house-love-farmhouse-pendant?color=Clear+Sky&via=57e1330169702d78ae0000a5%2C59234e036170705d4801e540

Good luck with all the many decisions to be made!

• lazidazi
    3 years ago

Painting is usually the first go-to option. I would use caution in rushing to do same because it can never be undone.

If the cabinets are good quality of real wood, there are many staining options you could consider that can effect a dramatic change.

• Sigrid Veasey
    3 years ago

Agree with other comments re: not painting cabinets, flat black hardware, white walls/trim, wood or slate floor, but what stands out for a country kitchen then, are stainless steel appliances. Can do a cool painted stove but maybe real wood panels on fridge and dishwasher, or glass door fridge.

• nolanirvana
    3 years ago

I agree with Ravensmom13- live in the house at least 6 months before making any major changes. I think the cabinets are beautiful. I would add hardware to the cabinets, put a colorful rug on the floor. I agree with the other comments- the pendant lights are definitely too small. Painting cabinets is expensive if you hire someone. You are fortunate to have such a large kitchen , but take your time and don’t make major(expensive) changes before living in the house a while. I have done two kitchen renovations. One after living in a house 2 years and one after living in a house 4 years. Good luck.

• Suzanne Stagg
    3 years ago

I'd start with the floor. It's just too dark and appears to be concrete, so I think if you covered it with something much lighter that the cabinets would take on a totally different look. There are so many choices out there and a visit to a flooring store to see all the options would be a great place to start. Personally, I like the new floating waterproof click type floors, as they are now coming out with ones that look like stone. Much easier than concrete or tile as far standing on, not to mention if you drop something the chance of breaking the tile or object is a lot less. I also agree that the pendent lighting is just too small of a scale for the room.

• Jody Hall
    3 years ago

You don't paint good quality wood. You paint cheap plywood to make it look like painted quality wood.

• CEFreeman_GW DC/MD Burbs 7b/8a
    3 years ago

First and foremost, buy the house. Live in it for 6 months until you get everything squared away where you want it. Get settled. The cabinets will stop being so "in your face." I think that there are so many cabinets, (lucky!) that your eye immediately says, "OH! Change THAT!"

I suggest starting with the smallest item and working out.
    For me, that would be the wall color. I'd also go towards white with a gray undertone.
    I'd be very careful with greens. Brown makes green look .. greener. The darker the brown, the grass-greener green looks.
    Yellow in the pine can make green look to primary (?).
    Definitely do samples, day and night. Pine is a tricky color.
    Oh! When you do your wall color, get the same or a tiny bit lighter for the window trim and doors. Those don't need to be highlighted with more pine. I hate to paint a good door, having stripped 15 antique ones myself, but sometimes, things just need to be painted.

I'd look at hardware and lights once you find a good wall color. The matte black handles would look very modern yet with a more sophisticated touch. Find something interesting for pendants.

Next, I'd look at flooring.
    That slate floor picture above makes me drool. But if you do a lot of cooking or prep for a family, hard floors like that can make your feet hurt and legs ache. Some of the LVT or gorgeous laminates that can stand up to kitchen traffic give you lots of options. Again, samples.

THEN, and only then, if you still hate them, start small. Paint either the uppers or lowers, leaving the top or bottom stained (maybe darker, maybe not). Two-toned kitchens look lovely.

Even then, I'd move to new counters and maybe a farm sink or at least undermount.

If, and only after you've gone the smaller routes, decide if you still want to paint.

But slow down a little. It's not even your house yet. It's really a great kitchen.

• suzytx55
    3 years ago

Those cabinets are gorgeous; PLEASE DON'T PAINT THEM. In my opinion white is going to be the knotty pine of the 1950's that was subsequently ripped out in remodels.

The problem is mainly with the floor, though I would change the paint color (the green in Diana Bier's photo is lovely) and maybe think about the counter tops at some point.

• tlyell
    3 years ago

we just had our cabinets refaced, from wood to white, and it brightened the kitchen up so much. I was DONE with brown and pine would not be my choice ever. Living with/in it is the best suggestion IMO so that you know how you use this kitchen and what becomes most important.

• Ydesigna&Co.
    3 years ago

This is a lot of pine and more like cabin then farm style. I would paint or reface cabinets, paint out trim and doors, go black or bronze on hardware and replace flooring. I am not sure if you have tile or vinyl currently down but there are a lot of new products on market you can use directly over existing flooring saves $$$. Like the existing counters so keeping them would also save$$$. Fixtures would look great in white and black or bronze.
    Enjoy!, this will be fun, just make sure you organize your plan before execution to avoid overspending and chaos. Post after photos - cheers;)
    Y design + Co.

• Angela Young
    3 years ago

I would do as others have suggested, get moved in. That being said, I think I’d paint the walls a nice white. The baseboards white but the trim around the windows black. I would do flat black modern hardware. There’s black on the stainless appliances so it all ties in. As for the flooring, I’d replace it with a patterned tile. There are so many options as far as patterned tile, you could lean towards a more modern design that would help the overall design and the pine cabinets would look fabulous and not so country. Bring in pops of color with well thought out accent pieces on your counter and even with a faucet. My faucet has a red base and red pull down head.

• kajazia
    3 years ago

My first thought was to leave the pine cabinets (I don’t personally go for pine, but those cabinets look beautiful and look to be good quality). Put on black “modern farmhouse” cabinet pulls. My next thoughts were to change the floor—maybe to wood or wood-look planks (LVP or tile) and carry the same flooring throughout your house, if that’s an option, and to change the pendants to something more substantial. The current ones are too small/understated. The counters and backsplash can work well with changes to other features. Also, as pretty as the wood doors and trim are, I think they need to be painted. Those plus pine cabinets are a bit much.

• Ydesigna&Co.
    3 years ago

Just so we are clear about pine , it’s not in now and if it comes back it will be modified. All the pictures that were posted were showcasing ash and white oak. Some pix shown by homeowners were not farm or French country styles. When designing a space the foundation is too keep main aspects in the same historic reference and then accessorize to your personal favorites claiming it your own for years to love. That’s when your friends come over and tell you, “I just feel good in your home, it’s warm and comfy”. The main goal of all design is to invoke a feeling of a space. You are getting a lot of opinions here. It sounds like you are conflicted and possibly overwhelmed. All are natural, house sounds great if you decide to go with it just celebrate that first and then decide what goes on priority list and I would recommend tapping on a professional to help guide you. In the end it saves money and stress.
    Wish you a happy home buying and renovating!
    Y design + Co.

• HU-24826405
    3 years ago

I personally love the cabinets, and live with someone who thinks its sacrilege to paint wood, so that's always part of my thought process now. I definitely agree with previous comments on adding cabinet hardware. That alone can really dress up the space. Yes, pendants are too small. And as previously stated, white trim around the doors would enhance the finished look.

I'm not sure what flooring I would choose, but currently the color of the floor clashes with the cabinets. I just feel that the cabinets are the best thing going on in your kitchen and I wouldn't change them.

• Ginger Webb
    3 years ago

You might consider painting the upper cabinets and leaving the lower pine, and yes, the floor color doesn’t work, so consider putting your money there, unless you decide to paint all the cabinets, you could then keep the floor. You could go with a color that compliments your floor better on the bottom cabinets and a white on the top, to keep things bright. Add color to the door and window trim.

• Power Couple Life
    Original Author
    3 years ago

This is flooring I was considering.

• Lizzy L.
    3 years ago

If the floors in the rest of the house are hardwood, don't do a wood look tile (or vinyl or laminate.) It won't look right. Either extend the original hardwood into the kitchen, or go with something completely different. I would put in a light colored subtle patterned tile. I've attached a photo.

I would also consider painting your uppers white and using a different stain on the lowers so they aren't so dark and orangey. Change out the pendents too.

• leane70
    3 years ago

Your ceramic plank flooring idea would tie everything in together perfectly! great idea to replace the current warm tone that's adding to the overall drab feel.

I support painting uppers from personal experience (not necessarily white) it'll make a huge difference. Cabinetry is so expensive you'll be happy not to go down that replacement road. Take your time and have fun with this!

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    3 years ago

this plank tile is extremely busy looking once it's all laid together.

And next to the knotty pine, I'd have doubts. What is currently on the floor looks very nice. I would not rip it up and put in that ceramic tile.

If you wanted to paint every white, or even white/soft gray taupe color, It might work (If, everything else in the house is neutral and plain)

Would this ceramic floor tile just go in the kitchen? or throughout the house? if just in the kitchen, what does it butt up too?

your cabs need hardware. that's a guarantee. if you like farmhouse, then do this type of hardware

Right now, the space is perfectly livable. move in and get your furniture in. decide what you like or don't like.

I think the cabs are fine, if you like the yellowish pine. I also think you could two tone the cabs and paint a portion of them, or at the very least, those pine doors, along w/the wood baseboard. (white)

• Power Couple Life
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Sorry meant to say that plant flooring and white cabs

• Ann Brokaw
    3 years ago

I think your Avalon Pier tile may be too contemporary looking. The best way to figure it out is to take some sample pieces and put them on the floor for a few days. What is the floor at present? I would wait until you have lived there a few months before deciding on the floor.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    3 years ago

to get a better idea, buy a box of the tile (make sure you can return it) and lay out a few square feet of it. you'll see how busy it looks

• HU-24826405
    3 years ago

I commented earlier, but in looking again at the pictures of your kitchen, another thing that I might look into is removing that cabinet and vent hood above range and replacing a more current look without adding cabinetry back. I think that would visually lighten up the kitchen a bit as you do have an abundance of cabinetry already. I also agree with others who said to paint the walls white. The current wall color doesn't coordinate well with the other colors going on.

And this is just a personal preference, but in my opinion the mosaic backsplash is overwhelmed by the size of the kitchen. I would replace the backsplash with larger tiles.

It's really a very nice kitchen with a lot going for it. The nice thing is you can totally move in and function in there and take your time deciding how much or how little you want to do.

• Power Couple Life
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you! It’s hard to think about because we are moving from a brand new build to a 20 yr old house. We need patience

• pjcalifornia
    3 years ago

The wood cabinets are beautiful, and the countertop looks to be in good shape. How about enlivening the space with a new backsplash and wall color? A lovely space. 😊

• leane70
    3 years ago

Similar to HU's suggestion is the idea of replacing the upper cabs on both side of sink (the sink beneath window) with open shelving - it open things up and add that modern farmhouse vibe.

• everdebz
    3 years ago

What material is the floor tile? It seems nice, in a concrete sort of way, sort of look.

3 years ago

If you do any painting of the cabinets in a two-tone, paint the bottoms first? Because it might change how the floor looks with them. Right now, I agree that it's hardly complimentary. With a good paint color playing the middleman between pine uppers and the floor, it might change everything.

• PRO
    Kim E White, LLC
    3 years ago

For an immediate “freshener” I suggest white paint on the walls (satin or eggshell finish) and white window/door trim (semi-gloss). with White ceiling paint .
    Just that alone will lighten up the space and give you a place to branch out from. ....
    I recommend: New light fixtures/pendants.
    New backsplash tile...perhaps a vintage blue 8”x 3” subway tile,
    OR, paint the cabinets in a blue vintage color and use white matte finish subway tiles as backsplash.
    Flooring: the waterproof wood look linoleum products on market today are of great quality and look. A light oak finish floor would be a dynamite Farm look.
    I like porcelain tile as well because it is so durable.
    And add rugs for comfort and decor.
    Drawer handles (not knobs) will make a nice statement.
    Living in home for a bit will allow you to get a feel for the decorative elements such as lighting and drawer hardware you want to change.
    Paint is the least expensive, easiest Pick Me Up....go with White. You can always paint a color shade later. Keep us posted. Would love to see your Photos as you progress. 🌻

3 years ago

Someone mentioned painting pine being difficult. Yes, if it were raw wood. Cabinets are sealed so it shouldn't be an issue. Now, if the finish is worn, sealing the knots with old fashioned shellac will block them. It's also THE best stain blocker for red wood bleed-through like cherry. Kilz is made for drywall, so keep that in mind when painting wood.

• Donna Cotter
    3 years ago

I purchased a home with very similar cabinets a few years ago, and had the same initial response as you. But not wanting to replace the entire kitchen at the time, as it was not a full-time residence, I concentrated on making the best of it. As many have suggested, I brought in charcoals in the tile and countertop and stone, with very simple hardware. It really toned down the yellow in the pine, and is definitely something I can now live with. I hope this helps to envision what it might look like. Please excuse the mess on the counters!

• PRO
    Kim E White, LLC
    3 years ago

Keep the pine cabinets.

Lighten the floor with a waterproof linoleum or a porcelain....a faux wooden floor, perhaps.
    Paint the walls......
    Paint the Doors and window frames....to tone down the pine. If the pine attributes come through on the paint, great! It will add more texture and character to the whole.
    Change the light fixtures.....
    And maybe after living in space for a bit you might decide to
    Add brushed satin or gunmetal steel hardware to cabinet door and drawer handles.

Good Luck! Fun project

• shellsingh
    3 years ago

I agree with @Kim E White, LLC , redo the floor, paint the walls, room doors, window frames, replace light fixtures, and, then if you still want a change, I would start by painting only the upper cabinets a soft white.. also change out handles/hardware to a dark on both top and bottom. I would also remove the hood cabinets and replace the exhaust hood to refresh. The countertops look very nice, so would not change that. New backsplash once you figure out what you want with the cabinets. The most important thing is to look through Houzz and find rooms that you like and save them, then go back and analyze what it is that you see in common that really speaks to you.

@Maureen has a great example picture (know different cabinets below, but still a nice idea)

• Melanie Lynn
    3 years ago

before you commit to that wood looking tile, find a VRBO near you with that type of tile and rent it for a long weekend and see whether the tile makes your feet/knees/hips/back hurt.

• lazidazi
    3 years ago

RE a tile floor being hard on knees and back, it's whether the house is on a slab or over a crawl space that has that effect. Built over a crawlspace, floor joists have some *give*; a slab does not.

RE a wood-look tile for the floor, my opinion is that is a poor choice.

The countertop is good in white. As long as you like the backsplash, it is good also. How about color on the floor [possibly as well as the walls] that gives your kitchen a boost of its own. 12" tiles on the diagonal. Seems to me it could be whatever color you like as accent. Maybe darker shade on the floor, lighter shade on walls.

• Melanie Lynn
    3 years ago

Alas, the Florida rentals we've used with the tile were almost all 60s ranches with slab types of foundations. And one rental that put these floors in the bedrooms some time last year (that we didn't know about until we arrived for a 3 week stay last Thanksgiving-Christmas) is a 2 story. The same rental first installed the "wood" tile in the "basement" a few years ago but it never gave me issues. Needless to say, we won't return to this wonderful rental. https://www.vrbo.com/563248?adultsCount=2 

• PRO
    Nieu Cabinet Doors
    3 years ago

Hey there! If your cabinet boxes are in good shape and you have countertops you like, there's good news for you - you're a perfect refacing candidate. BUT - did you know that refacing doesn't just mean you're stuck with your existing doors just painted?

Refacing is an excellent option if you have a functional layout and cabinet boxes (that by the sounds of it are in great shape) and you want to update the style and/or color of the doors! With refacing you can get a completely "new" look for about 60% less the cost of "replacing" your kitchen. It's fast, cost efficient, and very minimal on resources and labour. If you have some handy DIY skills so you'd be a perfect match for a self-refacing project!

At Nieu Cabinet Doors we manufacture CUSTOM painted cabinet doors (so if you've got some wonky sized cabinets, you don't need to worry!), where you can pick a totally new door style and colour to match your counters and other design elements! We also offer a design service that sounds like it might help you, where our designer will work with you to show you your kitchen transformed with Nieu doors (and all other elements - counter, backsplash, floors, left the same), and a SECOND design showing you a total kitchen makeover (including updated counters and other design elements!) Check out your available options here! We're more than happy to chat with you about your options - we even have a cute little sample kit where you can order a 9" x 12" version of your door style and colour to see it in a mood board with your counter, backsplash etc! Best of luck with your renovation!

Please feel free to reach out for any advice on your kitchen, we'd love to help out.