SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
keith_larrett

Wall Media Unit

Syzygy Woodworks
3 years ago

Over 12 feet wide and nearly ten feet tall, this wall media unit is one of my biggest projects to date. It is built from quartersawn sycamore and book-matched figured sycamore veneer. The walnut counter top, baseboard, and pulls add some contrast to the beautiful sycamore.

One of the challenges of this project was accommodating all the audio equipment and speakers as well as ensuring access between the various cabinets to run all the wiring. I was pretty nervous about this all coming together during the installation of the unit, but fortunately, my client knew exactly how everything needed to be wired and took care of it while we were installing the cabinets. Amazingly enough, everything worked on the first try as well, a rarity in my experience with entertainment centers!

The unit features inset doors with soft close hinges, solid maple drawer boxes with self-close full extension under-mount drawer guides, custom walnut pulls, glass display shelves, LED lighting and cove crown molding made in house.

Comment