SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nlmackay

Help designing my daughter’s big girl room

nlmackay
3 years ago

My daughter is three and her bedroom is small and oddly shaped, so I have to be creative with her bedroom furniture. I’m looking for two lingerie dressers to go on either side of an oversized window. I found this, but I’d like to change the drawer pulls. Initially I liked the idea of bow knobs, but that won’t work with this style handle. Plus, that might be a “bit much”! Any suggestions of what type of handle would look good? https://www.homelegance.com/bedroom_chests/lingerie-chest-hidden-drawer/2147w-12/

I also have this RH crown that I’m going to hang over an arched mirror, over a horizontal dresser...so the finish would have to go with the crown. The lingerie chest has a coordinating horizontal dresser, but I’m not sure if it’ll be TOO matchy...unless I do different pulls on the dresser 🤷🏼‍♀️

My daughter will need a twin bed as well. I’m debating between a daybed (I’m a tad concerned it’ll be a pain to make) or an upholstered bed, or a light pink Jenny Lind. I’ll probably do white bedding with pink scalloped trim and a pink monogram.

I want my daughter’s room to have a soft, feminine feel. The walls are currently BM Pink Essence (very, very pale pink).

Comments (10)