SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
auburn92

Help with my son's 'big boy' room...

auburn92
16 years ago

With #2 on the way in just a few months, we have started on our DS's (3 yo) new room. I am having a tough time getting motivated on this (couldn't be because I'm almost 8 mo. pregnant and have no energy!) and was hoping I could get some of your talented advice to give me a push in the right direction.

We already purchased the US Map bedding from Land of Nod and plan to continue with the "travel" theme in his room. Since hubby and I were pretty avid travelers "pre-kids", we decided this was something that would grow with him through the years and be somewhat educational to boot!

Any suggestions on paint colors & travel decor to go with this bedding? Seems that yellow or red is the obvious choice, however, I have so much gold throughout the house that I'm worried it might be yellow overkill. And red walls seem pretty strong to me, although I think accents in red would look great.

As for decor, I was thinking some vintage style model planes suspended from the ceiling, some old suitcases or trunks and a world map on the wall. Any and all of your creative suggestions welcomed!!

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Map Bedding

Comments (4)