SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
babysnow06

i love my boyfriends son as my own. but i have a big job ahead.

babysnow06
16 years ago

i have known my boyfriend for 6 years but we have only been together for 2 years and it was on and off for a little while, but now we are talking about marriage and going to get a house together. he has a 3 year old son that i love as if he were my own, and we get along im the one who takes care of him etc. when i am their. we have movie time and all kinds of things. he lives with his father full time and doesnt spend that much time with his mother because of the courts. but my boyfriend recently has been letting him go to her house more and more and everytime he comes home he has this little attitude. and it just constantly gets worse. he also acts differently with me. like when i tell him i love him he will say no you dont. etc. his mother doesnt like me because she wants to be with my boyfriend still but she messed up really bad with drugs etc so he doesnt want to be with her. i cant even be in the same room with her or anything because she will physically try to hurt me which is ridiculous. so that makes it even harder with me and his son because i am almost positive she says things to him about me. i know im blabbering on but i just want to get the whole situation out their. i know my job ahead of me is not going to be easy and unfortunatly im sure im going to hear your not my mom. which hurts bad. even if my boyfriend thinks he will forget about his real mother which isnt much of a mom and see that im the one who has always been their for him. i see the more relistic picture that its not going to be that easy. i dont know how to deal with the temper tantrums and the argueing hitting etc that goes on after being with his mother anymore. i want us to be able to have our family and a good family and i know our little boy wants that too because he says how excited he is about us getting a house and me living with him he hates when i leave now. how do i handle the rest of everything?

Comments (24)