It just broke our hearts to lose him...

nicole___

Our black cat Peeka was a rescue. Declawed & 7 years old, shook like a leaf if I reached to touch him. Free off Craigslist. 13.5 years old now, it was cancer. We had to put him down. RIP We were so heart broken.

I rescued 2 more black cats from The Dumb Friends League. They're both male, brothers. Tiny little bony things. Each weigh about 5.5 lbs. 1 year & 3 months old. Very affectionate.

Say "Hello" to Aspen and Ivan....

SaveComment108Like12
Comments (108)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marilyn_c

I am so sorry to read this about Peeka. I know how much he was loved. Aspen and Ivan are lucky little souls. I hope having them will help heal your hearts.

Save     Thanked by nicole___
Jasdip

Nicole, I'm soooo sorry!! You shared Peeka with us a lot, he was gorgeous.

How wonderful of your to fill your heart so quickly with these gorgeous two. And to take both of them! Your house will be filled with activity!! LOL Welcome to the Table, Aspen and Ivan!

Uptown Gal

I am so sorry, Nicole. I know how that pain goes straight to the heart. I

think it is wonderful that you have two new loves now, though. :) They

are lucky little ones to be getting your love. Hugs.

georgysmom2

There's no question, it is heartbreaking to lose a cherished pet. He was so lucky to have you for half of his life. I know Aspen and Ivan will feel the same and here's to many years of joy with them.

caflowerluver

Sorry to hear the sad news about Peeka. It is so hard to say goodbye.

sjerin

I'm so sorry for your loss, Nicole, but happy to see you with two new babies who need you.

schoolhouse_gwagain

I'm so sorry. Peeka live a blessed life.

And what a blessing for Aspen and Ivan. "Someone to watch over me".

terilyn

I am so very sorry. The two new babies are beautiful.

maire_cate

It's always hard to lose a beloved pet and I'm sorry to hear about Peeka. But how wonderful to add 2 new furry friends to your home. Now of course you'll have to share more photos!

whistle_b

Our pets just own our hearts, don't they! So sorry to hear about Peeka.

Welcome Aspen and Ivan. I love the names.

lindaohnowga

I'm so sorry for your loss of Peeka but happy to know he is now in the loving arms of his creator and will never suffer. Aspen and Ivan are adorable. I laughed when I saw the names of the two kittens, since my hubby's name is Ivan and we have 2 all black cats that are brothers. Give the babies lots of loving for us.

hallngarden

What joy the new babies will bring, Peeka was blest with a wonderful life. It’s still sad when we say goodbye.

Mystical Manns

I remember when you first got Peeka, and enjoyed hearing about him over the years. I am truly sorry for your loss.

But, Congratulations! for rescuing Ivan and Aspen! I hope they will flourish like Peeka did, with the stability and love you and DH provide.

rob333 (zone 7a)

(((Nicole))))

ravencajun Zone 8b TX

So sorry for the loss of beautiful Peeka. I know how much it hurts the heart ♥.

Welcome to the new babies! They are adorable.

kadefol

I am so sorry for your loss. Peeka was so lucky to have a wonderful home for his remaining years. Not many are willing to take in an older cat, kudos to you. And welcome to Ivan and Aspen, they are adorable and also very lucky!!

nickel_kg

I'm so sorry for your loss. But what a legacy Peeka left, to be so loved that your people adopt two more :-)

greenshoekitty

Sorry for the loss. Peeka was lucky for such a long and loving life. The new duo looks like fun and mischief to me.

glenda_al

My thoughts are with you at this time, Nicole!

DawnInCal

So sorry for the loss of Peeka.

It's a tribute to Peeka that it will take two kitties to help fill the void created by his absence. They are very cute and I hope they bring much joy and laughter into your home.

chloebud

Nicole, I well know your pain. I couldn't agree more regarding the love you give these two little ones being such a wonderful tribute to Peeka.

Sammy

Hello Aspen! Hey Ivan! What a wonderful way to honor the memory of your Peeka. Please accept my condolences and best wishes. Love to you all. Xo

Annie Deighnaugh

So sorry for your loss...losing furbabies is never easy.

Kathsgrdn

I'm so sorry.

PattiG(rose)

I'm sorry about the loss of your dear Peeka. It's so hard to lose a beloved animal member of your family, but Peeka's spirit will live on in Aspen and Ivan. What adorable names!

dee_can1

Sorry for your loss Nicole

NOWAY2Biden

How lucky he was to have had you as his mom. I'm so sorry.

Lucille

Condolences on your loss of Peeka. And thank you for taking on the little wisps you brought home. At one year only 5.5 pounds seems extremely small, but I'm sure at your house there is plenty of love and cat food to go around.

sprtphntc7a

so sorry for your loss of Peeka, its never easy :(

Happy for you that you opened heart to two more sweeties!!! What lucky boys, have lots of fun with them!!

stacey_mb

Sincere condolences to you now that your Peeka is gone. He was very lucky to have found such a good home with you and live happily for so many years. And have fun with your Aspen and Ivan!

Lindsey_CA

I'm so sorry to hear about Peeka, but at least you know he is no longer suffering.

Aspen and Ivan are adorable! We will need to see lots more photos!!

OutsidePlaying

So sorry about your Peeka. Enjoy your new Ivan and Aspen, they are really cute!

eld6161

My condolences to you and your family.

Ninapearl

i'm so very sorry for the loss of your sweet kitty. many thanks to you for opening your heart to more rescues!

sleeperblues

I'm so sorry about Peeka, Nicole. Happy times with your new boys are ahead.

murraysmom Zone 6a OH

Oh no, Nicole! I can't believe you've lost your beloved Peeka! I, too, remember when you got him. He was a one in a million cat, for sure. The new boys are adorable and I know they will flourish under your care and love. Hugs.

yeonassky

Hugs to you. So sorry about your Peeka.

So glad that your new cutie pies Aspen and Ivan are there to be looked after and to help look after you.

pudgeder

Peeka is smiling down on you and his new brothers!

donna_loomis

Well, hello Aspen and Ivan! You're adorable!

So sorry to hear that Peeka is gone. R.I.P.

blfenton

I'm so sorry about Peeka. I always liked his name and now we have Aspen and Ivan.

lily316

I'm sorry about the loss of Peeka. It's very sad and always leaves a hole in your heart to lose a dear pet. The two new guys are sweet.

Summer

Nicole, so sorry to hear you lost your Peeka. Every time I recall you stating that your dh walked by carrying Peeka saying they were going to brush their teeth makes me smile.

Your new kitties are so tiny that I would have guessed they are about 4 months old. With your care, they will flourish in no time.

lgmd_gaz

Nicole, so sorry to see that you have lost Peeka. I know that she was not 'just' a pet, she was family as Aspen and Ivan will be. They will fill that empty space in your heart in no time.

Alisande

So hard to lose one. My black cat, Pogo, died suddenly last year. We've always had at least one black or black & white cat, but not now. I'm so glad you rescued two more! Aspen and Ivan look like they specialize in heart-healing.

hounds_x_two

I am so sorry for the loss of your precious Peeka. Sending hugs your way. Glad to know that you were able to bring two sweet babies into your home and hearts.

nicole___

Thank you for all your kind words about my Peeka. He had such a big personality.

The new kitties are being fed every couple of hours. Their tummies are too small to hold much. I follow up the feeding with play.....a feather on a stick has been the most popular, non threatening so far. ☺ Aspen goes in today for a checkup. Yesterday Aspen was greasy/not washing, sneezing and wore out quickly. Today there's an improvement. Ivan goes in tomorrow for his 1st check up.

Aspen was let out into the house and his reaction is to hiss and spit as he explores. Ivan is a talker. ☺

3 Likes Save    
janey_alabama

So sorry for your loss.

Enjoy your new kitties, two together is always fun.

share_oh

So sorry as well... happy for your new little buddies though. They hit the jackpot finding a loving home together. : )

tami_ohio

I'm so sorry

Dolly

How is Aspen's sneezing and how was the vet visit? Hope they are eating and doing well.

nicole___

Update: Aspen went in for FULL bloodwork. He is just a bag of bones . He starts doing what looks like sneezing....it's actually a "huff', he's challenging the feather.....a play "thing". The vet said EVERYTHING is normal. Then gave me appetite enhancer pills and nausea pills for him. He has sneezed, but not excessively. I feed them wet food 4-5 times a day with unlimited dry food left out. He just doesn't look right to me. He seems off. His eyes are always dilated. He seems....not very present....not fully there. Like he's in a fog. I think a little food, gaining a little weight will make a difference. Note: The vet they're seeing, ONLY sees cats. It's their specialty.

Ivan goes in Monday for his 1st check up. He's looking more muscular, sits in my lap and chases the feather jumping, standing on his hind legs....very active. Very vocal.....normal.

They're starting to explore the whole house now, then get put back into their bedroom-bathroom, so they don't get lost inbetween outings.

Aspen:

Ivan:

2 Likes Save    
murraysmom Zone 6a OH

Ivan clearly looks more relaxed and engaged. I hope you can get Aspen to catch up with him. Sounds like you are doing everything possible to make that happen. They are lucky to have you and DH to care for them. They must have had a very rough start to life. Poor babies.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
Dolly

Glad to hear you are taking such good care of them and that a respiratory tract infection has been ruled out. Who knows what their lives were like before you came along. I look forward to updates and pictures of their progress. They are adorable.

rob333 (zone 7a)

Keep us updated on Aspen. I'll be looking for his vast improvement very soon. Because he's in your care. That's the way it can happen; I'm hoping my deepest hopes.

maifleur03

With Aspen it may be an age thing or abandonment issues however he may just be mentally not all there. Only time will tell. One of the cats that wandered in July, 2017 looked and acted mentally deficient until about April of this year. Before that his eyes looked like he did not have a spark of intelligence. Something happened and now he looks alert and is interested in what is going on around him.

1 Like Save     Thanked by nicole___
nicole___

Aspen is sweet and cuddly. He's eating. He just looks like he's on deaths door. maifleur.....I hope he suddenly improves. rob.....thanks for the kind thoughts.

Everyone....keep your fingers crossed.

2 Likes Save    
nicole___

Update: Aspen has a topical cream for her ear that is an appetite stimulant. She woke up with a gooey eye and her voice is a gurgle. We put in eye drops.....and we'll wait and see if her voice "wakes" up. Ivan is sitting in my lap...otherwise he walks around the house yowling.

Save    
Michele

I’m so sorry Nicole. It’s a different kind of loss that hurts so much. I hope you will be comforted by all the wonderful memories. I’m so happy for the two little ones though, that they have a loving home now!

kadefol

Poor Aspen, she does look sickly and droopy. Are you taking her back to the vet for the voice and eye? Fingers and toes crossed that she recovers quickly and catches up to Ivan.

nicole___

Aspen "and" Ivan's medical file show they both had one eye plastered closed when they were surrendered. Ivan seems to have recovered completely...and Aspen has had a relapse starting today. We have eye meds for him. He was at the vet yesterday. $189. I'm trying to give him a little time for everything to work. He's so sweet! He follows me ALL over the house and sleeps next to me if I sit down. Ivan runs around yowling...then sits with Aspen & I. I'm just a worrier. Until Aspen gains weight and looks healthy.....

1 Like Save    
Dolly

I think if you continue what you are doing and once they gain some much needed weight, you will see a huge improvement in their overall condition. Just remember the wonderful results Marilyn is able to achieve with proper care and nutrition. You can do it too.

murraysmom Zone 6a OH

Remember that it's early in the game. You are on top of things but it does take time. I know with Carmelita, when she doesn't feel well, that the time goes by so slowly.

I love that they are wanting to be close to you. That's a good sign. They've had a rough start, but you have them on the road to recovery and a better life.

Save    
nicole___

I remember Peeka being a handful when we got him. The new kitties are beautiful souls. I'm not giving up on them....ever.......I just hope Aspen makes it. He is so skinny & tiny. His eyes are a little too round...they bug out just a little. Maybe a slight case of glaucoma? The vet never addressed it. I didn't like her. She gave constant sales pitches for things I already have. Saying "buy mine". I like my 2 old vets. They remind me of Peeka....but I should use someone who's good....and someone I trust.

1 Like Save    
Jasdip

It's heart-breaking knowing that they're not 100% and being so helpless. Years ago my ex-dh and I bought a cat for $50 not long after ours died. He was 2. He was in a closet, terrified because of the dog and the kids (she did day-care).

I noticed that he'd sneeze every time he took a drink out of his bowl. I took him to the vet just in case. I thought he was putting his nose too far in the water. It turned out he had a cleft palette.....a slit from the front to the back in the roof of his mouth, and the water would get in and go into his lungs.

$1800 later, and we only had him a week! DH didn't want to but I just had to. I contacted the previous owner's vet and he said that we were the 3rd owner in this poor cat's 2 years, and that he finally had the right home. :-(

nicole___

A cleft palette. Wow....so glad you got that fixed! Aspen sneezes when playing with the feather on a stick cat toy. I hope that's a natural reaction...?

Save    
maifleur03

A couple of thoughts. Perhaps if the vet is doing all that selling it may be time to switch to another vet if possible. When you stated bugged out eyes it made me wonder about high thyroid issues and if there was physical damage to the bony tissue of the eye sockets.

nicole___

Maifleur......the vet did full blood work on Aspen and claims "no" thyroid issues. I need to consider the stress these guys have been through. Going to the vet multiple times, Aspen was freaking out. I'm not using the last vet any more. Let's see how Aspen's doing in a week. Lot's of calm is his life....a little play....lots of food....he loves being brushed while sitting in a warm lap.

2 Likes Save    
maifleur03

Give him pets from me while telling him that he is a good boy.

yeonassky

My orange kitty had upper respiratory ailments when he came to us. We took him to the vet as we normally do but the vet didn't catch it and the symptoms showed up about 4 days later. A round of eye drops for both kittens because of course my Mica girl caught it as well and antibiotics has all but eliminated it.

The symptoms were sneezing stuffy nose eyes that tended to glue shut loss of voice low appetite and energy and lots of sleeping.

Nougat our orange kitty still occasionally sneezes and Mica's voice is still weak but other than that they are high-energy and eating a ton with no eye problems.

I wish that Noble our Labradoodle had gotten over his ear problems as easily. That is ongoing and shall forever be there. They have even looked into ear irregularities and he has none just the tendency to get infected... so we clean his ears once every 10 days to keep it at bay.

nicole___

yeonassky.... my Peeka had ear problems. He saw two vets, multiple times...until someone "here" told me it was a grain allergy. 3 days grain free and he was cured.

1 Like Save    
yeonassky

Hi Nicole thanks but yes we tried the allergy route as well. He got better for a short time and then had a flare up. We were down to sweet potatoes and meat. He definitely has a slight allergy to wheat so we got him a wheat-free dog food. He is fine with brown rice. He doesn't care what he eats but he was losing weight on the one or two or three foods diet so it wasn't the best time for him.

I have tried a million things. I will keep trying... At least he is no longer ever infected and in pain. That was horrible. Sometimes it took a long time for the infection to go down.

nicole___

Ivan and Aspen

3 Likes Save    
jtc

Looking better already. So adorable!

jtc

Yeonassky, have you tried Zymox? My friend had a problem with infections with her dogs. She tried numerous meds from several vets with no improvement. After just one use of Zymox, there was a positive result and no more infections.

sjerin

Is Aspen feeling a little better today? Does he continue to eat well enough?

hounds_x_two

Checking in and hoping he is better today.

nicole___

Aspen got a B12 shot @ the vets. He's eating! ☺ It should last 2 weeks.

Dh trimmed his bloomers, the change in wet cat food...to get them to eat more...is effecting Aspen. It's not bothering Ivan. Aspen's right eye is now a problem....again. According to his vet records this was cured. He's getting eye drops 4 times a day. I brushed him, with a lint brush, which helped with his greasy coat. His voice sounds bad. I'll make an appointment for the vet, my usual vet, takes 2 weeks to get in....I can always cancel it if he doesn't need it.

1 Like Save    
Jasdip

The poor little tyke! There's definitely something 'off'. I hope your regular vet gets to the source of it. Make sure he's drinking and not dehydrated. Wet food is better for him than kibble.

jtc

How is Aspen? Hope he is better.

nicole___

jtc....Sitting in my lap as we speak. Not better. I took him to the emergency vet last night. His cold is just awful. It's no longer clear mucous. Tuesday night he slept under my chin, sneezing. While Ivan still has a cold, he cuddles by my side and snores. Cutie pies....BOTH OF THEM! The vet is trying to squeeze Aspen in today. They're eating well because of the medications they've been given. I keep hoping they'll turn around. Ivan is still washing Aspen's head, otherwise he's just a little grease ball.

Save    
marilyn_c

Poor little Aspen. I hope the meds kick in and he is much better soon.

nicole___

I think Aspen needs antibiotics. Hoping he gets them on this next visit.

1 Like Save    
kadefol

It does sound like he may have a secondary bacterial infection which requires antibiotics. They can give an antibiotic shot to give him a head start and then provide oral meds. It's hard to medicate them when they can't breathe through their nose.

maifleur03

By now you have probably seen the vet. It could be possible that there is something stuck in the nasal passage. You may have to have him sedated for the vet to check. Method used by my vet at the time was to flush the nasal passage with warm saline to remove mucus. The vet was then able to see what turned out to be a blade of some type of grass. When he pulled it out of Walter's nose it was about four inches long and swollen from the moisture it had absorbed. Walter was a schnauzer and allowed it to be done without sedation but a cat especial a kitten would not.

nickel_kg

Thinking good thoughts especially for little Aspen ...

nicole___

All the vets we've seen say "It just needs to run it's course. It's a cold". It's been 2 weeks. Aspen did get antibiotic pills. DH is picking up pill pockets on his way home from work. I hope he likes Greenies. 2-nite he gets his 1st one. Tuesday night....Aspen tried cuddling under my chin...and...sneezed ALL night long.....very wet. Vet says it's "not" in his lungs.

Save    
Ava

Poor kitty. Hope the antibiotic does the trick. On the plus side, it is a very good thing he is eating and drinking. Often with a cold, they won't eat and that is a big problem. Did the vet suggest a vaporizer or a saline spay?

nicole___

DH doesn't want to give Aspen antibiotics, it will give him the runs...which is cured at the moment. Aspen's eye is open, we've stopped giving eye drops. DH used warm water and gave Aspen a wet rag bath. He's hanging in there. Ivan wants to play. Aspen watches. They're both eating huge amounts of wet food. They're not emaciated any more, just bony.

Save    
marilyn_c

Hate to disagree with your vet, but I would give him antibiotics. One of my cats had similar and was given amoxicillin. Also I have seen cats not treated and instead of going away, it becomes chronic. If he isn't much better quickly, I would change vets.

4 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
nicole___

marilyn.....I read your advice to my DH. He's been persuaded to start Aspen on anitbiotics. I did change vets.....back to my old one. Aspen has been racking up the vet bills. I could really use a break.

Save    
Sherry

My rescue cat had ongoing eye, throat, and lung infections. It is NOT just a cold. He had to have zeniquin. That is the only thing that would knock it out. It is one of the herpes viruses common to cats. However, it can cause a bacterial infection that can only be cleared up with an antibiotic. The amoxcillian only worked the first time.

nicole___

Sherry....Thank you! We have 10 days of antibiotics. If he still has it I'll request "zeniquin".

1 Like Save    
Dolly

Nicole, I agree, give him the antibiotic. It has been several weeks and he should be better by now. You may also want to add a Probiotic for good bacteria and help with diarrhea.

nicole___

Sherry...I read the symptoms of Herpes, yep...that's what they have! Monday I'll call the vet and ask for Zeniquin. I called an emergency vet, they'd never heard of it. They give ganciclovir....?

Dolly....Yes, already giving a probiotic to Aspen. He's getting a little better. Playing more.

Marilyn.....herpes is chronic from what I've read. Also highly contagious. The whole shelter probably has it.....they have 120 cats!

1 Like Save    
georgysmom2

God bless you Nicole. I hope you find a positive treatment for the cats ASAP. You're going to have to turn over three more houses to pay for the Vet bills!

marilyn_c

You probably know this, but cat food with "gravy" can cause some cats to have loose stools. Only feed the "pate" type. Similar with dry cat food that has dyes. I feed Purina One dry food. At about $30 for 22 lb, I feed 3 bags or more a week. I still get free cat food from the rehabbers but send it to the cats I am still feeding in Liverpool. Their owner died, 18 months ago and I am still feeding them. They are feral and I can't bring them here. I feel bad about it but it is all I can do right now.

nicole___

Ivan is pretty much cured. Aspen is still a little under the weather. It's his 2nd day getting antibiotics...and it's working miracles already. We see a HUGE improvement today. I'll call my vet tomorrow to see if prescription meds to treat Herpes can be written for him over the phone. Aspen is still sneezing, but his nose isn't running like a faucet. He's sleeping a lot, but watching hummingbirds in the windowsill. He's still being washed with a warm rag, he won't wash his body yet, but has gained an ounce or two. He looks "present", not foggy.

Their favorite food right now is Sheba chicken pate, mixed with a little water. They can each eat a portion, 4-5 times a day!

2 Likes Save    
morz8

Awwww, good news Nicole. Thanks for letting us know he's doing better.

marilyn_c

So glad they are doing better!

Sherry

Nicole, the Zenquin does not treat the herpes virus. It just treats the side effects. He had it when I got him as a kitten, sneezing brown snot. The amoxcillian worked the first time, two doses, but not after that.

He would sometimes sneeze. If it didn't go on too long, he would shake it off. However, if he kept on, and the eyes started running, He had to have an antibiotic and the Zenequin was all that worked. They may have even better ones now. His was upper respiratory. It can also be in their throat. If you get them over this, they may not have any more problems. You just have to keep an eye on it.

He died last year, not from the virus, and had not had a problem with the virus for a couple of years. He was twelve. His problem was he was sensitive to phosphorus and a lot of cat food has way too much. That is not connected to the virus.

ETA: Compare to if you get a cold. You get over it no problem, but if you get bronchitis or pneumonia you need an antibiotic.

murraysmom Zone 6a OH

Thinking about Aspen not washing himself.............could they have been taken from their mom way too early and he never learned how?

I'm glad to here they are doing better and I hope they stay on the road to full recovery!! They really are so lucky to have someone willing to hang in there with them. Dedication!!

nicole___

Sherry....I really appreciate your input. I really didn't know what to do. Aspen was so skinny, at deaths door. Am I OK without the zenquin, since the antibiotic is working?

Marilyn....antibiotics are really doing the trick!

murraysmom.....IDK They are brothers. Ivan is clean. Aspen is a little grease ball. He loves being washed with a warm towel, leans his face into it and purrs. Ivan is skinny, but Aspen....is just a BIG head and a spine. He's gaining weight, just a little bit...and it's noticeable after 2 weeks. He also won't bury his poop in the sand box. He digs a BIG hole, does his business, then walks away. He'll wash my hand....sort of an "I love you" when I pet him...but won't wash the nose-snot off his tail. ☺

Right now we're trying to figure out what to do with them at night. They fall asleep in their kitty bed on the main floor. We go to bed downstairs. At 12:30am they go to the kitty sand box downstairs, do a midnight bathroom thing and start yowling loudly, running around playing...doing crooked tail runs. I go out...call to them....they follow me back into the bedroom. Jump up on the bed and cuddle....and sleep with us till the alarm goes off.

My husband thinks they have too much energy to sleep the night through. When do kittens start sleeping 8 hours straight?

1 Like Save    
Sherry

I was lucky. Our vet, who has since retired, recognized what it was.

They sleep through the night when they get ready. At least they feel good enough to play!

2 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
Ninapearl

i've been following this thread but not commenting because i know very little (really, next to nothing) about kitty care. i'm just SO happy to see they are improving!! all of that tlc you're giving them is paying off!

i have great danes so i know all about vet bills. one of my girls had an eye issue last week and i'm about $300 poorer and still medicating! i wish dogs could get jobs! lol

nicole___

Ninapearl.......$300...Ouch! I hadn't planned on adopting sick kitties. I'm a worrier. So it really bothers me to see them so sweet and affectionate..and feel like I'm letting them down. Aspen is so sweet....and so tiny...and malnurished. There was a Great Dane ahead of us at the vets last week. What a beautiful animal!

Save    
sjerin

I've been following your story, Nicole, and am encouraged to read your little Aspen is improving somewhat. I'm sorry you're had to spend so much money on your new little darlin's. My dd's dog needed his teeth cleaned and one tooth removed, and the bill was $1200!! We do have a higher cost of living here, but that seems excessive to me.

3 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
marilyn_c

Sjerin, I was shocked that pets' dentistry cost more than people's. That seems to be the norm now.

Ninapearl

Ninapearl.......$300...Ouch! I hadn't planned on adopting sick kitties. I'm a worrier. So it really bothers me to see them so sweet and affectionate..and feel like I'm letting them down. Aspen is so sweet....and so tiny...and malnurished. There was a Great Dane ahead of us at the vets last week. What a beautiful animal!

giant dogs aren't for the faint of heart! i'm fortunate that i have the means to be able to afford the vet care. the bigger the dog, they higher the vet bills!

i can relate to your situation. several years ago i adopted a dane that, unbeknownst to me, had a heart condition. after being here about 4 months, he became so ill that vet visits and heart medications were costing me a small fortune. i lost him just 3 months later. it was so discouraging but i had to try.

your kitties are to fortunate they ended up with someone who truly cares!

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Earth Day The Case for Losing the Traditional Lawn
Work less, help the environment and foster connections by just saying no to typical turf
Full Story
Kitchen Design How to Lose Some of Your Upper Kitchen Cabinets
Lovely views, display-worthy objects and dramatic backsplashes are just some of the reasons to consider getting out the sledgehammer
Full Story
Houzz Tours Houzz Tour: Going for Broke in Las Vegas
With bold architectural moves and killer views, this 8,000-square-foot resort-style home doesn’t hold back
Full Story