SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

LindaC's bok choi salad and missing ramen noodles

annie1992
3 years ago

I had mentioned that I have bok choi. A LOT of bok choi. LindaC gave me a recipe that I know isn't hers because the title is "Becky's Bok Choi Salad", LOL. The flavor of the salad was delicious, I liked it a lot, but my own substitutions were ill considered.

Anyway, I made the salad. I didn't have almonds so I used pecans and that was an acceptable substitution. I also didn't have ramen noodles and there are none to be had here, apparently they are one of those "stock your pantry" staples. So, what can I use instead? I had some rice noodles, the tiny thread type, that should do.

I thought the rice noodles would soften nicely in the dressing but they did not. After three days of marinating the salad it was still like eating shredded wheat, but even more dry, LOL. The texture was absolutely terrible.

I plan to make it again tomorrow and I still have not been able to purchase ramen noodles, so I plan to prepare the rice noodles first, then add them to the salad. If that's not good, maybe spaghetti? I have sufficient bok choi to experiment and Elery ate the salad, the texture didn't bother him as much, so it wasn't a waste.

So, thanks LindaC. I'm going to Aldi sometime this week, and maybe they have some ramen, I'd like to make the recipe as written at least once, sheesh. Who woulda thunk that I couldn't buy ramen?

Annie

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!