SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chinacatpeekin

I’m planning to buy a Fisher-Paykel 30 inch classic induction range.

chinacatpeekin
3 years ago

I’m building an ADU in my basement. My home is a 1912 Craftsman bungalow.
I’m also planning to get a cream colored Smeg refrigerator. The living room/ kitchen space will be about 500 square feet.
I’m happy to hear any thoughts, wisdom, experience, etc., particularly with the aforementioned appliances.
Right now FP has a deal offering a free dishwasher- I’ll probably get the deep single drawer.

Comments (160)

• avocadojen
    2 years ago

Shaun - That's amazing how quickly you received your range! I was originally told that the Classic series gas range I'm interested in would take 4 months because it's considered a 'custom order' then later told 4 weeks. I have seen others comment/complain about that additional hob. Wonder why they design it that way as well. I will have to see if I find it to be a nuisance. I'm sure your range is gorgeous:)

• D J
    2 years ago

Does anyone have any concerns about F&P’s reliability? Many years ago we had a washer dryer set that had lots of issues and getting service was really difficult. My husband is wary about F&P now.

• Related Discussions

36" Fisher Paykel Induction Range

Q

Comments (26)
    @karenanywild - curious what you went with and how it’s working out? I’m looking at the FP 36” induction and comparing to wolf and others and had some questions for the owners out there: I saw a review on their site that said the induction burners were loud to the point where it bothered the dogs. I’m assuming this is by using low quality pans but figured I’d ask another reviewer said when using the oven and cooktop simultaneously it’s hot bc the oven has a gap at the top front to exhaust the oven??
    ...See More

Best of the more affordable free standing 30 inch induction ranges?

Q

Comments (17)
    I found out that the FrigidairePromotions.com rebate only applies to purchases from certain stores and the store I purchased from doesn't apply. The net price after matching Best Buy's $1399.99 sales price earlier this week is still less than if I had purchased from the eligible store and then got the rebate. Best Buy's price is up to $1699.99 now. I just submitted the rebate from the electric company and should get that credit back in a few weeks, The FGIH3047VF range is installed and working and everything looks good so far. It's not really smudge proof because the delivery mens' hands were dirty enough to still leave alot of smudges, However, the smudges wiped off much more easily from this surface than from normal real stainless steel. One surprise with this range is that it uses a full touch screen and not the plastic flex buttons like on FGIF3036TF. These type of controls feel more upscale like my previous Electrolux, but this also means it will be more expensive to repair if it fails after warranty. It "should" still be somewhat cheaper to repair the controls though since this screen technology is more mainstream in appliances than when the Electrolux used it in 2010 and it doesn't have the "Wave Touch" sensor feature the Electrolux did. This range also feels slightly more sturdy than the floor model FGIF3036TF I looked at. The largest burner is larger than I expected. So, it should be no problem with the largest pans I have. The specs say it is 8.3 inches, but I measured about 10 inches. Maybe the coil is 8.3" underneath, but the largest pan size marker on the cooktop measures 10 inches.
    ...See More

Need a 36 inch gas range: Fisher and Paykel?

Q

Comments (1)
    The Fisher Paykel OR30SDI6X1 is a 30" induction range. However, in Consumer Reports testing, the OR30SCG4X1 gas range performed poorly and was not recommended so you might want to avoid the 36" version, OR36SCG4X1, and the OR36SDG4X1 which may differ only in appearance.
    ...See More

Fisher Paykel induction range finally installed

Q

Comments (19)
    Amy, just to follow up. I returned the defective model for a new F&P Classic. I'm very happy with product, and it's very quiet. Besides the black glass on the door of the contemporary model, the differences between it and the classic are not easily discernable on the website. However, I found the classic's stainless finish and chrome accents more appealing.
    ...See More
  • Aleia K
    2 years ago

D J - i been trying to reseach them, i have seen tons of people complaining about the dishwashers and fridges, ranges are rare i am seeing anything online.

• dadoes
    2 years ago

My DishDrawer is 18 years (2003). I replaced the drain hoses (cracked) in 2015 and updated the support arms for the hoses and wiring harnesses to an improved design that had gone into production circa 2007. I replaced the dispenser on the upper drawer a few weeks ago (for rinse aid leaking).

• chinacatpeekin
    Original Author
    2 years ago

My FP refrigerator has been problem free for over 10 years; it’s great looking,too. I’ll replace it with another FP when it’s time.
    I haven had my FP induction range very long, but I’m loving it!
    As for the extra bar above the knobs on the classic range, mentioned above- I recently was looking at an Aga Elise range, and noted the same design feature. I don’t mind it.

• Shaun Martin
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

After 2 1/2 weeks, I'm ready to provide my review. I have a small galley kitchen and wanted to update my appliances, all of which were 20 years old. I went for the 30 inch FP induction range mostly because of the design. I wanted an all-knob range as I don't trust things with lots of electronics to last very long. The high cost was offset by the promotion for the free dishwasher. I also got a 25-inch refrigerator. The total cost for all 3 appliances was about $7900.

The range is beautiful and doesn't disappoint on that front. There are a few minor issues that would make it a perfect range. The oven is quite small, and although I don't cook 25-pound turkeys every week, I did have to buy a new cookie sheet (it was a bit wider than standard size). I can definitely live with the small oven. The results have been great. I baked bread and cooked fish and the quality of the food was a big improvement over my previous GE Spectra range. A bigger issue is the size of the burners. The largest one is just 8.25 inches. There is plenty of space on the range, so not sure why FP is being stingy with burner size. I notice that my larger pots will heat faster in the center where there is burner coverage, and much slower around the edges. That means lots of stirring to ensure even heating. I also would prefer if the largest burner were in the front rather than the back. It's the one I use the most, and I spend a lot of time stretching my arm over the stove to stir my dishes. But overall, these are minor issues. I am sure I would have found problems with any range I chose.

One piece of advice - invest in good quality cookware. I had a few pieces of All-Clad and a few induction-ready non-stick pans (with a disk on the bottom). The instructions with the range say that those disks cause very slow heating and it's true. I got rid of them and replaced them with All-Clad d-3 stainless steel. The difference is amazing. Another great tip. Put a silcone baking sheet over the hobs/burners. Keeps pans from sliding and food from spilling directly on to the range.

The refrigerator is awesome. I was nervous about downsizing from a standard 30-inch fridge to a 25-inch counter-depth fridge. I went for the FP because of the number of shelves and adjustability. There is plenty of room. I am very happy with my choice.

As for the dishwasher...If it weren't free I would have never bought a Fisher Paykel. I love that it matches the fridge (and to a lesser extent the range). But it was a pain to attach the stainless steel front panel. Instructions are very vague. Even my contractor couldn't figure it out. Online chat and customer support by phone were useless. I finally got some decent support by calling the design center in New York. They put me in touch with a technician who told me to send the panel back to the vendor to get a new one because mine didn't come with pre-drilled holes for screws. My contractor was able to attach it anyway and it looks great. But I find that dishes just don't fit well inside the dishwasher. Space is not used well. I can get a few things in and its full. Good thing I usually just hand wash my dishes. My vendor told me not to get an FP dishwasher and now I know why. But you can't beat it when it's free.

Overall, I am very happy and would recommend the range and fridge to anyone considering them.

• dadoes
    2 years ago

Rotary knobs doesn't mean there are no electronics on an appliance. The knobs are programmers/encoders for a computer board in many instances.

• jwvideo
    2 years ago

As Dadoes says, the knobs are merely rotary digital user interfaces. While I did not read Shaun Martin's comment ---- "don't trust things with lots of electronics to last very long" ---- as suggesting otherwise, others might miss the subtlety of his saying "lots" about electronics rather than "none at all." So Dadoes's point bears re-emphasiizing.

• julieste
    2 years ago

Thanks for the extensive review. I have already purchased a FP induction range, but it won't be installed for a couple months. I too hesitated about the diameter of the hobs but after realizing that the bottom of many pots and pans is actually quite a bit smaller than the wider top of the pot I decided to go for the FP. I especially appreciate the tips about buying cookware since I will need to buy some new pieces.

• Shaun Martin
    2 years ago

Yes, I realize knobs are just a different pathway to electronics. But I have read some poor reviews of using touch panel screens on other ranges. But honestly, I just like the old-school look of knobs and the tactile feel when cooking. I use my smartphone all day. I want a different experience when I cook!

• avocadojen
    2 years ago

Hey Shaun - I thought I replied this comment the other day but I wanted to say I'm surprised your dishwasher interior does not seem to accomodate as many dishes as you're used to. I assume that the room in a drop-down style is fairly similar with brand specific rack design of course. I am utilizing the free dishwasher with my current order. You said your vendor recommended to forgo the offer but you can't beat a free appliance if it's decent. I'm getting the same style as yours and it's very attractive. Love that contemporary handle to match the fridge:)

• Shaun Martin
    2 years ago

Hey Avo. Yes, the dishwasher looks great. And it gets the job done and runs very quietly. I think the interior space is pretty standard, but I find that the tines on the dishracks are very narrowly spaced so can't fit a lot of my dishes. Plates are fine, but bowls are particularly hard to find a space for. Every time I put in a new dish, it seems like I have to re-arrange the whole dishwasher to find space!

• avocadojen
    2 years ago

chinacatpeekin - What is the brand of your shower unit hardware in your ADU? Many thanks!

• chinacatpeekin
    Original Author
    2 years ago

avocadojen- it’sRohl-Lombardia, as I recall. I love it! I’m happy to answer any questions.

• strategy17
    2 years ago

I really liked reading this thread and seeing the photos, thanks. I'm thinking about getting a FP 30" induction range (the "Classic" model) but have a question, please. The area where the range will go is perpendicular to a line of cabinets with drawers above. Can someone please measure the distance from the top of the range to the handle of the oven? I cannot find that measurement anywhere. I just want to make sure the drawer which is at a 90degree angle to the stove will open. Also, if you don't mind, would you please let me know how far out the door handle sticks out from the actual stove? My current counters are exactly 25.25" deep so the FP stove will almost look custom but I just want to make sure I'll be open that one pesky drawer. Many thanks!! Oh, BTW, I've had the counter depth 17.5cf FP refrigerator/freezer for 6 years now. I did not get it with an ice maker because when I bought it, the reviews of the models with the ice makers were not very flattering. When this fridge goes, hopefully not for many more years, I would definitely buy another one. I went from a 23cf American brand side-by-side to the FP with a roll-out drawer and I can get just as much food in the FP. Just love it. It's a little noisy but I'm a little deaf so it works for me :)

• Holly- Kay
    2 years ago

Finally installed. i posted a thread about it but no one seemed interested so I’ll post on this thread for those of you who wanted photos.

• avocadojen
    2 years ago

Holly-Kay: Thank you for the pic. It's beautiful! My 36" gas is still boxed as we are still deciding on flooring.

• Architectural Notice
    2 years ago

I have a 30" FP gas range that I like. Glad to hear about others purchasing FP ranges.

• T Powell
    2 years ago

I have aJenn-Air induction cooktop now (which I love) but the glass is broken so I’m not counting on it surviving my remodel. I am considering an induction range but really use my 36 inch cooktop so I feel like the FP 30” would be too small. I really need 2 ovens so I was looking at Cafe’ but I can’t get one for over a year. So here I am at FP 36 inch for thousands more than Cafe’ but with a free dishwasher. Is it worth the money? I appreciate all of the posts so much. Thanks for the effort!

• mabeldingeldine
    2 years ago

Gosh, I am sorry I haven't responded to this thread before now. I got the range and dishwasher and a fridge, and so far, so good. The range is beautiful and the best oven I've ever used. It is a bit smaller than my KA wall oven in my previous home, but cooks so much more evenly I don't care. The induction is good, not my ideal configuration and I wish the settings had more precision, but so far the only issue is popcorn, which would be perfect at 6.5, lol. The fridge is great, silent and bigger on the inside, and the dishwashers so far work great and are easy to use and pop out the filters for cleaning. All in all, I'm happy and LOVE the red color of the range!

• JJ Mekai
    2 years ago
  • mabeldingeldine
    2 years ago

Yep, all FP. My new kitchen is microscopic, so I needed a small fridge, and FP was by far the best option I could find during the damn pandemic. With the purchase of the range, a "free" dishwasher was included, so we opted for double dish drawers, which I love. 6 months in I am still happy with everything. Here's the range before the backsplash is done.

• Marilyn
    2 years ago

@strategy17:

You have probably gone ahead and purchased the range but in case you are still pondering, the distance from the back of the range to the end of the handle is 27 3/8". However, our range is not right against the back wall (don't know why but there might be structure on the back of the range that prevents it being flush), so for us the handle is 27 1/2" from the back wall.

• Marilyn
    2 years ago

@strategy17: I should have specified my measurement is for the oven handle. The useless top handle juts out less at 26 7/8". I have no idea why they put that top handle there. Sometimes I will put damp bar mop towels on it while using the oven so the fan can dry them but I only do that so that I can occasionally feel like I am making use of that decorative attachment, lol.

• strategy17
    2 years ago

@Marilyn, Thank you so much for these measurements! I haven't yet bought the stove because I couldn't find a floor model to measure. Can I ask you one more question, please? From the front top edge of the stove, what are the measurements to the top of the area where the knobs are, and, also from the top front edge of the stove to the top of the handle for the oven. This stove would sit perpendicular to a drawer/cabinet and I wanted to make sure I can open the drawer (that the knobs and oven door handle won't interfere). Many thanks again!

• Marilyn
    2 years ago

Top of cooktop to where the knob area starts is 1 1/8"

Top of cooktop to actual top of knobs is 3"

Top of cooktop to top of oven handle is 9 1/4"

Remember that the height of the feet are adjustable. We have the feet at the lowest possible height. According the schematics, you can gain an extra 1 7/8" in height by having the feet at highest height.

So if any of the areas of concern regarding obstruction to your drawer, you may be able to work around it by adjusting the feet height. Of course, this may mean that your cooktop is not flush with your countertop.

I will offer my thoughts on this range:

1. I like to look of it (except for that stupid top handle). I would have much preferred the Fulgor Milano ( just seemed better made and sturdier) but there were installation requirements for that range that I could not meet.

2. The oven size doesn't bother me because it is just the two of us and when we entertain extended family dinners we do it out at the cabin. We did manage to cook a 14lb turkey in it but had to cover the breast with foil because it was so close to the top element it started to brown right off the bat.

3. A bigger con to the size of the oven is that your cooking food is closer to the 3 interior walls and the glass door interior than in a more standard sized oven. Therefore, these surfaces get much more splatter that quickly accumulates. This oven gets dirty fast !!

4. I wish the largest cooktop element was at the front, not the back and would have preferred that the smallest was at the back instead.

5. As mentioned much earlier in this thread, noisy fans seem to be a common problem. Ours came with a very noisy, rattling fan. I had the technician come out - he immediately said this was not right and ordered a new fan. When he came to install the new fan, it wouldn't install properly and he then noticed that the blades on the new one were bent, likely in transit. Third time was a charm and we now have a fan we can live with. Notice I didn't say we have a silent fan but according the technician this is as good as a F-P fan gets because of its design. We live in a 1200 sq. ft. open concept house so our dining area is very close to the kitchen. When I turn the oven off, I have to leave the oven door open to get the oven to cool off more quickly. This way only the first 5-10 minutes of dinner is disturbed by fan noise. If I left the oven door closed, it would probably take most of dinner time for the fan to finally shut off. Thank goodness we don't have small children because it would be dangerous to have to leave a hot oven door open in that situation.

6. Would I buy it again? Only and only if I had a repeat of the same small kitchen and installation constraints I faced in my current kitchen. The fan noise issue is most annoying especially if we are entertaining another couple and have to explain to them about the noise. Would another range have a quieter fan - I don't know? The Jenn Air wall oven we have at the cabin has the same issue - we need to keep the oven door open in order to get it stop running throughout dinner.

If you have any further questions, I will try to answer to the best of my ability.

• strategy17
    2 years ago

@Marilyn, Thank you so very much for all of this information! I just measured and the stove will fit in the space AND I'll be able to open the drawer that is perpendicular to it. That said, the noise from the fan is the first I've heard. I have the 17.5 cf FP refrigerator and absolutely love it because it is truly counter depth, plus holds a ton of food, but it is noisy. Each time you close either the fridge or freezer, the compressor clicks on, although not usually for too long except in summer (even with central AC running). It also makes lots of clicks and clacks when the auto defrost clicks on. The first time it happened, my dog ducked -- LOL! These noises no longer bother me and it kind of reassures me that the unit is working. But, fans from the stove....that's not something I'm used to and will have to give that a bit of thought. The stove would just look so nice in that particular spot compared with everything else on the market today. Every single electric range except for one GE model (which has zero features) is not true counter depth. Like you, generally we don't prepare large meals so the size shouldn't be an issue for 99% of the time. Again, my sincere thanks for taking the time to measure and respond so thoroughly!

• Marilyn
    2 years ago

You're most welcome.

• julieste
    2 years ago

I too have a recently installed FP induction range that I have been using for about six weeks. I was lucky though and found a very, very good deal (new in box) on the model that preceded the current classic and contemporary models. I like it a lot. But, I was comparing FP to the Café and the GE Profile, not the pricier Fulgor Milano.

I haven't noticed that the oven gets more splattered and messy, but we don't eat much meat so don't do big roasts. And, I have no complaints about the oven fan noise, and we live in a small open space.

It seems to bake very evenly. Yesterday I made my first batch of cookies and they were very evenly browned. I too found that my cookie sheets are just a hair too wide (maybe 1/8") so they rested on the front of the roller rack, but I went ahead and used them anyway without problem. The smooth glide of the roller racks is a dream.

I had been concerned about the small oven size, but with just two of us, it's more than adequate.

The burners are all fine, and I like the easy control with the knobs. I too would have preferred that the larger burner be on the front. My range has a small riser (perhaps 3") on the back. This occasionally has been an obstruction to a very large pan so it can't be perfectly centered. I don't know if the brand new models have this riser or if we could have left the riser off. But, I like the riser and doubt I would remove it even if I could.

All in all, I would buy it again.

• Tom
    last year

Could someone please help me by providing the rack size (depth and width) on the 36 inch FP range?

we love the look and we are moving to induction from gas but we are concerned about usable oven space on this 36 inch model

• Marilyn
    last year

@Tom: Can't help you on the measurement because I have the 30". But I just wanted to let you know my range is only 1 year old and so far I have had to have the cooling fan replaced and now 2 of the burner knobs have broken and I have been waiting weeks (which I suspect will turn into months) for replacement knobs. Still functional (for now) but quality and service is just poor for Fisher Paykel products. Would never buy again.

• Tom
    last year

@Marilyn that is a bummer. there are not many selections in the 36 inch induction range space.

we eliminated bertazzoni based on so many poor reviews - though our local dealer said ”that issue was years ago” the current reviews say otherwise

• theresa21
    last year

@Tom Bosch is coming out with a 36" inductin range. https://www.abt.com/Bosch-Induction-Ranges/bc/113-2511.html. I have the 30" Benchmark and love it!

• Marilyn
    last year

@Tom: I too eliminated Bertazzoni. I would have gone with the Fulgor Milano (built like a tank) but I was installing in a corner and FP was the only one that only needed 2" clearance from a fire-proofed side wall. With FM, you basically have to install in the middle of a countertop run, which is pretty much standard now but I was working with a 1958 style bungalow. So I just wanted to let you know that you should make certain there is a good service provider(s) for FP in your area. We had 2 and both went out of business due to Covid. So I am stuck dealing with the appliance store I bought this from and their connection with FP service is poor - they had always relied on the 2 private providers previously. Attached is a photo of my set up showing the layout restriction I faced.

• wdccruise
    last year

@Tom: "Could someone please help me by providing the rack size (depth and width) on the 36 inch FP range?"

FP is secretive about its products. Frigidaire PCFI3668AF ($5843) and Bosch HIS8655U ($5999) are upfront.

• Marilyn
    last year

@Tom. Here is a photo of the rack of my 30" range. I checked the specs and the depth of both ranges are the same and the width is 6" longer on the 36" range. So I think you can assume the dimensions of the rack of the 36" range would be 14 1/4" in depth (same as mine) and 29 3/8" in width (6" wider than mine). Hope that helps.

• Tom
    last year

@Marilyn thank you so much for all of the information. the range looks beautiful in your kitchen. i hope the issues get worked out for you.

• Tom
    last year

Also @Marilyn we haven’t considered the Fulgor prior but I will look. we are smack in the middle of a counter run.

i take it Fulgor has a solid rep based on your comment. thanks again.

• Tom
    last year

@wdccruise and @theresa21 is this Bosch brand new? it is not on the bosch site but i have found it on 3rd party sites (home depot)

it looks nice but i know nothing of bosch outside of dishwashers

• theresa21
    last year

Yes @Tom, the two ranges with knob controls are new to the Bosch lineup of induction ranges, in sizes 30" and 36." I own the 30" Benchmark slide-in, which is not new, but has undergone some updates/improvements from its original model.

• HU-247765135
    last year

I appreciate all the info in this thread! really helpful as I try to navigate the sparse reviews for induction ranges

Like others, my one hang up about the FP 30 inch induction is the oven size. Could anyone comment on the distance between the oven racks when one is at the bottom position and another is near the top? I am trying to evaluate whether i could fit a Le Creuset dutch oven (with a lid on - about 7 inches in height) and a baking sheet of veggies in the oven at the same time

• Marilyn
    last year

If rack 1 is on the lowest slot and rack 2 is on the highest slot, you have 6 3/4" clearance between the two. I happened to have a pot with lid that is exactly 6 3/4" high so can confirm that this just slipped in with a "shove". In addition, the distance from the top of rack 2 to the upper heating elements would only be 2" and given your baking sheet is going to have some dimension to it, your veggies are going to be less than 2" from the upper elements. The only oven functions that don't use the upper heating elements are True Aero (which uses a rear element), Aero Pastry, and Pizza. True Aero might work for your scenario if you can squeak the dutch oven with lid within the 6 3/4" space.

• Brocant Belge
    last year

So, @Marilyn, is the Le Creuset answer that the Dutch Oven goes in with foil instead of its lid? Or, Can you remove one of the racks to allow for greater height?

• Marilyn
    last year

Yes to using foil instead of lid. I measured with 2 racks in because you posted that you wanted to roast something at the same time. Removing the upper rack in my measurement would give you more room for certain but then you are limited to cooking one item only.

If you have the room and budget, take a look at Milano. I think it is a better unit but it just wouldn't fit in my small kitchen.

• awm03
    13 days ago

Could somebody please measure the vertical size from the lowest rack to the top of the oven? That would give an idea about usable height. Thanks so much. Evidently, F&P oven interior dimensions must be an industry secret because I can't find them anywhere!

• Marilyn
    13 days ago

With rack installed on lowest rail and leaving 1/8" clearance to not actually touch the upper heating coils, you have a 9 1/2" space.

• awm03
    13 days ago

Marilyn, you are so nice to take time to measure -- thank you very, very much!

So the usable dimensions of the 30" range's oven are roughly 14 1/4 x 23 1/2 × 9. Asking for a friend (honestly!).

• Marilyn
    13 days ago

You're welcome.

Yes, you have the usable dimensions correct. And yes to FP dimensions being a closely guarded secret! I had a showroom I could visit to measure before buying.

I thought with just the two of us such a small oven wouldn't be an issue but I do get frustrated trying to cook multiple things at the same time. There is not enough depth for half sheet baking pans to fit longitudinally and once they are in there horizontally there isn't room for a second pan. And if you use both racks to accommodate multiple dishes then your bake ware needs to be shallow. Also the small volume of the oven means more splattering on the walls and especially the door glass if you do a lot of broiling. I was very surprised at how dirty the inside of this oven got compared to my old GE with a "normal" sized oven. Your friend should be prepared to do a lot of interim cleaning and not totally rely on the self-clean function. Or use the self clean quite often. But to end on a positive note, the beauty of a smaller oven is how quickly it preheats!

If one is limited to a 30" range but has a bit more depth to their kitchen than I do, my vote still goes to the Fulgor Milano Sofia. It also has a better hob layout.

• awm03
    13 days ago

Excellent & thoughtful tips. Much appreciated, Marilyn.

• H JM
    yesterday

Not sure if wall oven interior sizes compare to range oven sizes but .....

Today, I spoke with an FP customer rep asking for measurements of interior, and rack dimensions (usable space to fit cooking sheets). I was told the info will be e-mailed to me tomorrow. Not holding my breath. I am seeking specifically for the 30" single wall oven pro...OB30SPPTX1.

I did measure the double-oven version of this in person a while back .....but am not trusting my own notes b/c I wasn't seriously considering this model then because of $$, but now there is nicely discounted un-opened return available. My measurement were : FP racks 20 1/4" wide and 14 1/4" deep , lowest level rack to broiler element 13 1/2 (with glide rack)...my current 27" GE Profile racks are 21 1/8 wide by 15 5/8 deep . bottom rack to broiler with glide rack 10", with regular rack 11 1/2". What really appealed to me mechanically on the FP oven is the glide rack system...seems sturdy, smooth and comes all the way out.

There are so few reviews for the model I am interested (like 5-6 and they are the two extremes Love/Hate). A friend of a friend shared that she has purchased only FP ovens for three homes b/c she's is so happy with baking results. If anyone has any experience recently with FP wall ovens please share ! thanks