SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jaxo_gw

Best of the more affordable free standing 30 inch induction ranges?

jaxo
4 years ago

I have a 9 year old Electrolux induction range that was priced around $2800 when it was new.

The touch controls recently stopped working and it beeps constantly and had to be unplugged.

The repair tech recently came out and said their are 2 possible fixes. There is a board they can replace for $385 with labor that might fix it, but if that's not it, there is another major part that would cost around $1500.

If the $385 repair does it, I will just fix it and try to keep it until it's at least 15 years old, but if it needs the $1500 repair, I will just replace it. Even if I spent the $1500 to fix it, that would not be any guarantee that another major repair of the same part or something unrelated wouldn't come up in few years.

I liked the touch screen because, combined with the induction cooktop where nothing burns on it, cleaning this range couldn't be easier. Everything is smooth and wipeable with no nooks and crannies to collect splatter. However, this touch screen tech might have made it too expensive to repair.

I don't want to spend $2800 every 9 or 10 years, so if I need to replace it, I either want something I can get for less than half the price I spent in 2010 and plan on replacing it every 10 years or else something I can get in the $2500 price range that I can really expect to last 20 years or more without expensive repairs.

I have seen induction ranges listed for as low as $999 (Frigidaire Gallery on sale at Best Buy website).

What are some recommendations if I do end up replacing this Electrolux?

Comments (17)