SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

"best" 30" slide in induction range or what to look for/look out for

3katz4me
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I've been looking at a lot of these online and reading a lot of things here. Based on what I've read I'm not sure there is a "good" option. I see feedback about having granular enough settings - 10 isn't enough. Or I read that you can't use two burners on the same side on high at the same time - really? Never had that problem with my non-induction ranges. Or I look at the hob layout and I don't see how I could have two large pans going at the same time if at all because there's only one large hob or the hobs are too close together. Or the large hobs are in the back row which I wouldn't want. Or the only way to turn the hob off is to press multiple times to turn it all the way down/off. I wouldn't want that. I want an off "button".

So is there a good option? I don't want to spend a fortune but I'm not sure if there's a good option at any price. I love gas and would stick with that but I have no gas line in my new house and thought induction might be better with my OTR microwave scenario that I don't intend to change even though it's suboptimal. Plus people rave about how much they love induction. So far I'm not loving what I'm seeing/hearing. Am I missing something or are all the "good" options cooktops only.

Comments (25)