FIND PROFESSIONALS
SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
waverly6

Review and First thoughts on AGA 48 inch Elise induction range.

waverly6
2 years ago

I know that there is very little info and few reviews on the Aga Elise range ( similar model is the Mercury) so even though my kitchen reno is not quite finished yet, I thought I would post what my thoughts are so far. I bought this range sight unseen. No dealers around here had this range in the showroom. I had been looking at 36 inch induction cooktops and wall ovens( one CSO and one regular) but I kept being drawn to beautiful big ranges. I was close to ordering and then I saw last August that the price of the Aga had dropped by a few thousand. Even though we had not started tear out yet, I couldn't wait to sign. I redesigned the kitchen around this.

I have used the cooktop a few times and the oven once. I am so glad I went this route. The larger range is much better suited to the proportions of my kitchen and high ceilings.

These are my thoughts so far. I have had a few people contact me about the color. I chose the midnight blue and it is a deep navy. I used the sample that was sent to me and had Sherwin Williams match a paint for the island which I changed from white to navy to complement the color. None of their ready mix colors were a close match.

While it is marketed by Aga in the states, it is actually the same as Rangemaster or Falcon in Britain. It seems to be well constructed and sturdy and has a solid presence with a continental flair which works well as well in a contemporary setting as it would in a traditional or country setting. However, my contractor partner says the fit and finish on the sides and lower front rail are not as they should be and he feels that the metal sides are flimsier than he expected.

The induction works very well and 250ml/8oz of water heated to a rolling boil with large bubbles within 30 seconds. The type of pot or pan definitely makes a big difference. Most of my pots and pans were not magnetic so I started buying new ones. Even though some cheaper ones passed the magnet test, they did not work as well as cast iron or enameled cast iron ( le Creuset or similar )or more expensive stainless steel brands like Demeyere or Zwilling. One pot (purchased at Homegoods)with one cup of water took over 3 minutes to get to a boil and did not seem to retain heat well and another brand (Wolfgang Puck) which seemed solid made the range hum when I was using it.

So far I have only used one oven (convection bake) to bake bread and it heated up quickly and worked well. While waiting for my kitchen reno I bought a few countertop ovens, air fryers, instant pot etc so I find I do use those and the barbeque more than the Aga ovens so far. (Remember, my reno isn't completed yet. And mostly because I haven't been cooking for large crowds and entertaining. Thank you covid 19)

These are the things which kind of surprised me. The induction rings are not well demarcated and it is hard to see where the ring is for pot placement. I was also surprised that the rings do not change color or show a red circle demarcating the area of the ring when they are switched on and in use. So it is a bit of hide and seek. The oven doors for the 2 main ovens swing open sideways. It doesn't make any difference to function but for some reason I wasn't expecting that. There is also no clock or timer. Of course, we have timers on our phones etc but I've just never had a range or ovens without a clock. If you are used to modern technology with start and stop functions and wifi capability, this isn't it. The ovens have I think 7 modes, including convection and defrost and I have yet to explore those. Even though they are smaller, I don't see the smaller size as an issue. I feel that they can still fit in plenty and cook on different levels so for my needs they will be more than sufficient. In addition, I like not having to wait for a big oven to heat up.

The last thing that I have to get used to is that the bar (towel bar?) across the top of the range kind of obscures the controls so when you are looking to see which knob controls which plate or what number you are turning the power level to, you have to kind of duck to see under it. As I get more familiar with it, that issue will disappear. There is a digital readout on the cooktop which shows which power level it is currently on and after you switch that plate off, there is an H which indicates the surface is still hot. ( it does retain some heat, from the pot, even though I was not expecting it to. )

As I use it more, I will post more and will also probably do a video.

Comments (140)

• Julie Schmooley
    11 months ago

Can you list the sizes of cookie sheets and baking pans that can fit? I’m meeting my kitchen cabinet maker tonight and want to have a cut out to the side of the oven to place my baking sheets so they’re eSy to pull out!

• Suz
    11 months ago

@Pamela Brown I would also love to know the interior dimensions including height from the rack to the ceiling of the ovens and what size cookie sheets or pans can fit inside? I can't find dimensions anywhere online.

• Related Discussions

Best 48 inch range for 15k

Q

Comments (28)
    Since the Wolf blue enamel issue has come up again, I will repeat a suggestion that someone (name missing from my text copy) once made on this forum responding to Weissman (msg 0409232327865). He said he obtained it from a service tech. It is a revised protocol for baking-in the Wolf ovens. I followed this protocol and have no flaking. However, my result is statistically insignificant. Further, while I can conjecture causes that may make the revised protocol helpful, such as giving the enamel an opportunity to conform to the expanding heating metal, I won't say that I have thought of any conjecture that convinces me. In any case, here is the suggestion. Wolf protocol: Run oven on convection roast for 1 hr. at 500F. Alternate protocol: Heat oven, run at temperature setting for specified time on convection roast, cool (door closed) to near room temperature, then repeat at the next higher temperature setting from cool. Temperature settings and times (minutes) that I used according to my notes exclusive of heat-up and cool-down times are: 250F/30, 350F/30, 450F/40, 500F/60. In favor of the alternate protocol, I see no risk with using it. Wolf's protocol seems to be intended to bake off manufacturing oils, so the need to operate at 500F is met either way, but the alternate protocol is a little gentler inducing differential thermal expansion. kas
    ...See More

48" AGA induction range...any thoughts?

Q

Comments (3)
    Instead of two wall ovens a popular choice is a steam oven as the second. The Aga gives you only 5 induction elements with 9 levels of adjustment. A 36" Bosch cooktop gives you 5 zones with two flex areas for griddles and 17 levels of power. An induction cooktop can require only 1-1/2" clearance for an oven under. Or you can position them at another under counter location. Miele has one of the best steam ovens. Their cooktop and wall oven are priced higher than Bosch. If 4 induction elements were ok a 30" Bosch 800 or Benchmark induction range with a separate Miele XXL steam oven would provide a lot of options without spending as much. Remember that each of the separate ovens or cooktops requires a separate 220v line. 50A circuit for at least the cooktop and an oven or just one for the range.
    ...See More

Induction ranges - aga mercury (36”) vs Bertazonni vs fisher paykel

Q

Comments (38)
    That’s a pity but definitely a sign of the times. I didn’t research it and the FP may be worth it. I did briefly look at the wolf 36 but I didn’t like the look Of the 2 knobs as opposed to the look of a whole array of knobs. Miele 36 didn’t have the bridge element that the individual cooktop had and service in my area is questionable. I looked at a few 30 inch ones but that didn’t work for me. What is Ilve’s situation? If they have one. Probably anything European will have the same delivery issues as Aga? What is the timeline for the Aga? I would honestly consider waiting for it, (if other options are pricey ). As the kitchen can be built around it and it slides in. And it is that wonderful.
    ...See More

Experience with SKS 48 inch range or other thoughts?

Q

Comments (8)
    Like the original poster, I'm interested in learning more about SKS appliances, including their 48" range, but wary given the lack of user experiences online. I've had a new Wolf 36" DF in my prior home and now need to do complete kitchen over hall, to include replacing a 20 yr-old 48" Thermador Pro gas range that came with the home we bought 5 years ago. We haven't had any issues with this Thermador or the prior Wolf range. I've read up on the Wolf issues with blue enamel chipping and also know they are releasing new models with their VertiCross convection, and hopefully also addressing the prior issue. If I go with a 48" (not committed to that totally yet), I've narrowed it down to the SKS, Thermador and Miele given the similar features. I saw the Thermador and Miele in person but haven't seen the SKS. I only want/need 4 burners, like the steam or steam-assist (Miele), appreciate the warming drawers (Therm/Miele), like the induction and curious about sous vide (both SKS). Miele's Master Chef interface gets a lot of praise and both Therm/SKS have connectivity. We've already pushed our renovation out 9-10 months to account for product availability across the board. Given this high-stakes, appliance bingo, I'm stuck in analysis paralysis. And honestly my initial instinct was to replace the 48" tank (that's what it looks like to me!) with the more modern look of a smaller 36" DF - or even a range top or induction cooktop - paired with wall oven(s), especially the Miele CSO. In the long run though I think it would cost more to purchase and install separate pieces versus simply removing and replacing the 48", knowing I'd need the electrical upgrade to 240V regardless to support DF and/or wall oven(s). Deborah - how do you like your 36" Wolf paired with the Miele CSO? And is there anyone who has tried SKS and willing to share their experience? Or has been to their "Signature Kitchen Suite Experience & Design Center" in Napa, CA?
    ...See More
  • Pamela Brown
    11 months ago

Here's what Aga says will fit:

AGA Mercury and Elise ranges can fit a half-sheet baking tray and can accommodate pans measuring up to 17"w x 14"d. Below are some recommended options that will fit within the ovens of your product.

Make very very sure when you use these links that they take you to the correctly dimensioned pans...I used the nordic link, ordered and realised the link offered the wrong size... so returned.

Hope this helps.

• Julie Schmooley
    11 months ago

Pamela you’re amazing thank you!

• Pamela Brown
    11 months ago

Julie, glad to help. fyi I went to Williams-Sonoma and bought their Gold label (and gold coloured) set and they fit in the . (Their cookie sheets will not fit, but the sheet pan set does.) Check the dimensions to stay between the sizes that AGA recommends above and you're good as gold. 😉

• waverly6
    Original Author
    11 months ago

I don’t know why I hadn’t heard of these diffusers which apparently work on induction cooktops so that non induction cookware can be used.

I figured there may be others who were living under the same rock as I have been so I am posting an article rating them. It’s badly written so you may want to conduct further research before buying.

I have a great paella pan which, no matter how many times I try the magnet test hoping that I am wrong, still refuses to be magnetic. So this might be a great solution.

https://www.magneticcooky.com/best-induction-cookware-converter-disks/

• Suz
    11 months ago
    last modified: 11 months ago

@waverly6 are you able to roast anything large in the ovens, if only half sheet pans fit? specifically wondering about a turkey etc. That is the one thing stopping me from purchasing it.

• waverly6
    Original Author
    11 months ago

I haven’t yet but I don’t see a problem. I think in the YouTube review, I saw they said yes. I have a small frozen turkey in my freezer . I will put it in for you, tomorrow and photograph. I just have to haul it up 2 flights and then back down. Anything in the name of research. 🤣

• waverly6
    Original Author
    10 months ago
    last modified: 10 months ago

Sorry for the delay.
    I took a pic of a 14lb 3oz turkeys on the left hand oven. . As you can see, plenty of room.

• waverly6
    Original Author
    10 months ago

Oops ignore previous post. I can’t seem to delete or edit from my phone app. . There was a typo in the weight.14 lb 3 Oz turkey in left hand oven

• Julie Schmooley
    10 months ago

You go waverly!

• Suz
    10 months ago

thank you! super helpful :)

• Bill Johnston
    10 months ago

waverly6 and Pamela

We just had our kitchen remodeled and are waiting on our AGA Mercury 48 inch induction. How long did it take you both to get yours? Our is getting pushed back from end of August to November. Hopefully it will not get pushed back again. Love your kitchen design and want to thank you both for your reviews, it's been reassuring to say the least. As soon as we get it we will put it in its new home and we will share our pictures.

• waverly6
    Original Author
    10 months ago

I had ordered it precovid.
    I think I ordered it in August 2019 and I believe it came in around December, or January. The store held it for a while and then once covid started and deliveries stopped I figured if better get it to my house.

• Bill Johnston
    10 months ago

waverly6 Thank you. seems like Covid put a hold on everything. We are a little worries about the size of the overs as we also bought it sight-unseen. My wife is a baker and we love to cook for the holidays. If it only can take half cookie sheets that is a little worrisome. That being said we still are extremely exited about using it.

• waverly6
    Original Author
    10 months ago

While one has to get used to not using full baking sheets, the fact that both ovens are convection means that you can bake on 3 levels at once. In 2 ovens. I have y cooked for big crowds since Covid. But when I did bake large amounts I didn’t have any issues.

• Bill Johnston
    10 months ago

Thanks that makes us feel a lot better about our purchase. Any complaints about the induction cooktop? Is it hard to keep clean?

• waverly6
    Original Author
    10 months ago

Not at all. . Very easy. Nothing burns and sticks on it. I wipe it down with wet paper towels or vinegar / water mix. I haven’t got around to getting the Aga cleaner. . I’ve had a spill over and it was an easy wipe up. I try to be careful about sugar or salt to avoid etching but there have been some spills or sprinkles of both and I have had no problem.
    The cooktop is fantastic. My favorite thing. So quick and responsive. .

• Bill Johnston
    10 months ago

Thank you

• Julie Schmooley
    9 months ago

I have to figure out what range hood I want so we can do the duct work and no clue where to start lol! Did you go wider than your oven? (Doesn’t look like it by pics) but according to the internet it is recommended to go 3” over each side! Help!

• waverly6
    Original Author
    9 months ago

No I didn’t. I’m very far from an expert dont and my advice with that in mind. I was told by the appliance store where I got the range. ( the salesperson helping us has over 40 years experience ) and the appliance store where I got my hood and my research that 600 cfm for induction was sufficient and I didn’t need larger.

• Julie Schmooley
    9 months ago

Thanks waverly! I read online today that you are to multiple the inches of an electric range and multiply by 10… so for this oven, your advice was correct! I’d be looking for 480 or higher. I’m thinking Bc maybe the extra 3” is for gas ovens. I just don’t want to regret it later. I’ll be doing a custom hood range, I want it to be sheetrock or plaster and be the same color as the wall. My Aga will be the star (hopefully). I don’t think my kitchen is very big, so I’m hesitant to go for the larger hood… once again too many decisions I’m so over it hahaha

• Lauren
    8 months ago

Thanks for the info on pan size. im going to need all new cookie sheets and a new roasting pan. I love the look and the induction cooktop but I’m not sure I can live with the limited oven size! Its very disappointing. I also just had to spend another $1000+ on the extension for the vent hood! I was told I didn’t need it but apparently I do! 😒

• waverly6
    Original Author
    8 months ago

It does look gorgeous, though. Hope it all works out for you.

• waverly6
    Original Author
    8 months ago

For anyone who has purchased one and has been cooking in the ovens, any thoughts and tips? I haven’t used my ovens very much as it has been summer and I have mostly been barbecuing or using my combi steam oven. There is definitely a bit of a learning curve and again, not much information so perhaps we should post here as we go . The ovens definitely run hotter and I’m trying to establish. ( and remember ) what the different settings are used for and how they cook. I am starting to think they aren’t exactly like cooking on a regular range even though that’s what I thought going into the purchase. And yet, they are very different to the traditional cast iron AGA cookers. I’m doing a small beef and vegetable pot roast today in an enamels cast iron pot with lid and after the initial heating of the multifunctional oven at 400 ° F, putting the covered pot in for 15 minutes, I am reducing the heat to 275° F and leaving it for a few hours. . I ‘ ll post the results later.

• waverly6
    Original Author
    8 months ago

An interesting observation. I put the food in at 12:1. Played around with the temperature for the next 4 hours ; at one point dropping it to 250° and then slicing the meat and raising the temperature to 350 ° for another half hour. I switched the oven off and out the covered cast iron pot back in. After 2 and a;1/4 hours the pot is still too hot to take out without oven gloves and the interior of the oven is still hot. (140°),but the exterior is not warm to the touch, (77°) so the heat retention seems to be higher than a regular oven or range and

• jbm08
    7 months ago

OK, hopefully some Aga owners used their ovens over Thanksgiving. I‘m wondering how easy or difficult it is to move the oven racks. I was finally able to see a 48” range in a showroom. The salesman did not have much experience with the ovens. It took him a while to figure out how to move the shelves. I almost always just use the middle rack. Most of my cooking is on a sheet pan or lasagna dish, so I expect to put the sliding racks in the middle of each oven. But if I need to use two racks, like for cake layers, is it hard to get that middle rack out? It seems I can’t do what I normally do, which is forget to move the racks until the oven is already preheated. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks.

• waverly6
    Original Author
    7 months ago

Great question!!!it took me ages to figure this out and I’m not even sure that I’m doing it correctly. So if anyone else has a different experience I’m happy to learn.
    I kept battling as I tried to remove the entire rack and the runners on the side. During thanksgiving prep I figured out you only remove the actual rack and leave the side rails in the oven. It’s so easy!!!

• Karen Schlosser
    7 months ago

I am looking to replace our 48” duel fuel thermador. There are a few things I don’t like (I never use the smaller steam oven. Tried to practice a few times but I always revert to the normal oven), but the everyday issue is how LOUD the blower is on the electric oven. It is crazy. Does this have a blower that automatically goes on after it reaches a certain temp? I was thinking induction cooktop but worreid about a electric ovens will have the same issues. THANKS!!

• Scott Silverman
    5 months ago

We’re searching for an induction range for our new kitchen build and would really love to have physical knobs VS touch-based controls. We were leaning towards the 36” Wolf induction range at first, but it looks like it’s full touch controls now. The Aga Elise has grabbed our attention.

Can anyone comment on the knob controls for their induction Aga Elise? Do they work well? Are there any touch elements or everything has a physical knob control? It’s surprisingly hard to find info about this online!

• waverly6
    Original Author
    5 months ago

Scott Silverman as far as I remember ( it’s at my beach house ) it’s all knob work. The settings show up on the induction top but everything is selected by manually turning the knobs ( and such pretty knobs they are. )

@Karen Schlosser, I apologize for the delay in replying but I never saw a notification. I can’t give a precise answer as I’m at my other house but tbh I’ve never noticed a loud blower but my kitchen area has a large volume.
    I’m shocked though that you want to replace your Thermador. I use my wall Thermadador convection steam oven more than anything else. I love cooking with steam. It adds so much to everything I cook. It definitely is a learning curve. Before you decide, have you checked out videos and steam oven websites to help you learn?
    Emily Rhodes, an Australian had a wonderful website and group on Facebook
    https://steamandbake.com
    Purcell Murray and Laryssa Tobarowski have YouTube channels with excellent videos, most geared to a Thermidor.

• waverly6
    Original Author
    5 months ago

Sorry
    This has nothing to do with Aga. I still love my Aga
    But this is for @KarenSchlosser here are some steam oven links if you haven’t see them. Also Miele experience centers have a number of Zoom classes per week, many of them for their combi steam oven but which you can adapt to any steam oven.

Combi steam oven

https://www.facebook.com/groups/combisteamcooking/?ref=share

https://www.facebook.com/groups/146723156015324/?ref=share

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1480639262045181/?ref=share

https://www.facebook.com/groups/csocooking/?ref=share

https://youtu.be/Z8Qx5L5XTIo

https://youtu.be/XmOmLFBiixI

https://steamandbake.com

• chiefy
    5 months ago

@pamelabrown where is the tree tile in your backsplash from?
    @waverly6 your tile backsplash is absolutely stunning. Thanks for sharing the pics!

• waverly6
    Original Author
    5 months ago

Thank you. I love it.

• vicbayside
    2 months ago

@waverly6 @Pamela Brown @Lauren I am saving this useful post because I recently ordered my 48 Mercury in Ivory! Its now being called Oyster because thats what its called in Europe, I was told. So happy to have found this, I also bought the ivory sight unseen. All of your AGA's look beautiful! I had a 48 Wolf in my last house and swore I did not need another 48 and such a powerful, hot beast again...but somehow because its induction, it seems smaller and much easier to handle. So I went with a 48 again. All the info you all have posted here about sizes of oven pans is very helpful. I don't even have a definite contractor and plan yet...but I have my AGA ordered! I am planning mine in an alcove, with a built in exhause insert...any reccomendations brand and size? Love, love seeing your finished kitchens with your ranges! Please keep the updates coming! Thanks in advance 😊

• waverly6
    Original Author
    2 months ago

Thank you. Congratulations. I’m sure you must be very excited. I think you made a great choice and it will be beautiful. I’m very happy with my Aga; in fact I miss it as I have been in my other home for winter.
    Is your aga induction or gas ? That would make a difference in which exhaust you choose.
    It’s a good thing you have it ordered in today’s world as there are so many delays in appliance delivery and shipping.
    As for an alcove, check with your local codes as well as the aga installation recommendations. You might have to have clearance or landing areas on the sides. When you take your pots off, where will you put them?
    As for apparent size, it really doesn’t feel as big as I expected. It has quite a delicate presence. Possibly as my space is a huge volume, it really isn’t overwhelming

• Pamela Brown
    2 months ago

Dear AGA friends, I am still thrilled with my range. I didn't get a notification for your comments until today... so here goes:

1. The tree tiles were made by a local artist Michelle Griffoul. Goggle her.

2. I had a huge exhaust fan already in for my prior gas range. I rarely use it. It's noisy.

3. The AGA is quiet, bordering on silent. I cook 8 boules of sourdough a week (Yay!, 4 at a time!!!) and it's quiet at its highest temperatures.

4. As far as oven Temps, I use the convection ovens/ setting and lower the temp from recipe direction by 25 degrees and the time by 15 minutes and I check. So far, that's works.

5. I have regularly used the defrost setting on the left oven. It's surprisingly useful.

I'm very happy with the range. Happy to answer any other questions.

Has anyone a favorite product for cleaning the inside of the oven doors?

• waverly6
    Original Author
    2 months ago
    last modified: 2 months ago

@Pamela Brown. Thank you for your report. I’m interested in your sourdough boule baking as I tend to use my combisteam oven for bread baking.

Do you spritz it or use a cast iron pot?

Have you used your grilling oven ? ( I haven’t because I don’t want to get it dirty🤪🤣😂) A friend told me about krudkutter which cleaned his Brava oven beautifull i haven’t ordered it or used it yet.

• vicbayside
    2 months ago

@waverly6 It is induction. I have asked about the codes, etc and was told it would be fine. It’s an alcove where wall ovens and refrigerator are now. There will be a peninsula off the alcove wall where I will prep, set pans etc. Kind of a corner cook area undisturbed by traffic. I love the look of alcoves and it’s already there.
    I need to choose the vent insert for the induction. Thanks all!

• waverly6
    Original Author
    2 months ago
    last modified: 2 months ago

I was told that 600 cfm was sufficient. I found a Miele exhaust which worked.

• Bill Johnston
    20 days ago

Finally got our AGA Mercury 48in induction after a year of waiting due to Covid. Planning on doing a full video review with our pros and cons in a couple of weeks.

• Julie Schmooley
    20 days ago

Looks beautiful Bill!!!

• vicbayside
    20 days ago

How exciting, its a beauty! Look forward to your reviews, hoping they are great because ours is on order!

• waverly6
    Original Author
    19 days ago

Really lovely. Looking forward to hearing your views. Enjoy your new kitchen.

• Abby Walsh
    5 days ago

Thank you all for your posts on the AGA. My parents have the original, always on AGA and I love it, my brand loyalty is there! Bill Johnson, how are you liking it so far?

• Bill Johnston
    4 days ago

Hi Abby. First off I also want to thank the \OP Waverly and all of the others for their post and feedback, There honest opinions are the reasons that we looked forward to getting ours. I feel like I'm hijacking this post but please know that i I'm writing this here with hopes that others will find this thread as helpful as my wife and I have. We are now on week 2 of owning our oven so these are really our first impressions. This maybe a little long winded so please grab some coffee.

Before I go over the pros and cons, I would like talk about the issues with the install and cosmetics we had before using the AGA. I realize that this has nothing to do with the actual use but its extremely important that if you reside in the US that you read this.

Electrical Issue:

During the install, one of the technicians was pushing the stove back and touched our mixer. (You can see it in the picture on our previous post). The mixer shocked him enough that he stepped back and said that the mixer just gave him a good shock. We immediately unplugged the mixer being apologetic, they continued with the install. The next day my wife was using the oven and she got shocked. She said she was able to replicate it by touching the oven and the range hood at the same time. I tried it myself and nearly got knocked on my butt. We called the appliance company and the immediately send out one of their tech. The tech used a multi-meter and touched the range hood and the oven at the same time and to our surprise it showed 240 volts. He did some research and found that because this oven is from England and we had a 3 prong plug that there needed to be a additional wire attached that would ground the oven properly. So please please please, if you buy one of these ovens in the US and you are using a 3 prong plug question this before having it installed. If you have a 4 prong this wont be a issue.

Cosmetic issue:

There are 2 pegs that get installed on the bottom panel that keeps the panel from falling inwards (Its the bottom panel that reads Mercury,this panel drops down so you can address the level of the oven). These were missing from our unit and well as a screw that secured the inner grill panel door in place. This prevented the grill door from closing securely each time. A tech is coming back out to make sure that the correct screws and pegs are ordered.

Now for the pros and cons.

Pros:

One of the biggest complaints we read was the induction top can be noisy when cooking. So far, we have not encountered this. Also as a test, we turned on both ovens and grill and were amazed just how quiet the ovens were as well. The construction of the oven is truly a solid built.

The doors are a solid build, but you can not tell by moving them because the hinges are so smooth. Leveling the oven was all done from the front making it very easy to adjust to the appropriate height and level. No need to pull out the oven to adjust the leveling and height of the oven.

This is our first induction oven so there was a bit of a learning curve. Cooking using induction is a lot faster and you have more control over the heat. Example: You bring a pot to a boil and the minute you turn the knob to a lower setting, its almost immediately reduces the heat which eliminates the need to pull the pot away. We suggest you have everything prepared and ready to be cooked before doing so.

Cooking on this cook-top you will notice that your kitchen is a lot cooler. On our previous ovens because their is a flame or a heating element that heats up the pot, a lot of this heat gets lost around the surface and in the air heating the entire kitchen. With induction because the pan is the only thing that is heating up, the magnetic connection to the bottom of the pot confines the heat so you don't have heat being lost to the environment.

This is going to sound like a odd pro but, we love the fact that this oven has knobs instead of a interactive display panel. It does have a display panel but not its not interactive. Being you use the knobs you don't have to worry about this issues with wet fingers not making contact with a interactive panel. (wet your finger and try to use your phone, lol)

Cleaning the cook-top is the biggest pro by far. If you are afraid of splatter, you can always cook on top of a paper towel or soft cloth on the cook-top. This is not just a trick that will scare your friends and family but a great way to cook greasy foods like bacon. If the surface does get dirty just simply wipe it off with some soap and water. We follow it up with a little surface cleaner and a shammy, it looks brand new each time we do this.

The ovens cook evenly. The right oven is your European convection oven and the left oven is a multi-function, convection, convectional oven. Both of these ovens have cooked and baked wonderfully so far. Absolutely no complaints there. We have used the defrost option on the multi-function oven and it worked surprisingly well for just using air. The oven racks are easy to adjust once you learn how to adjust them. We had to refer to the manual to learn how these work. The racks are smooth and some are on gliders.

The broiler is nicely designed. It glides out easily and the way you adjust the broiler height using the rack is brilliant. So far we have used it to toast bagels, cooked steaks and everything turned out perfectly. Cleaning it is very easy as you just remove the rack and the tray and clean it using soapy water and a soft kitchen sponge.

Cons:

The oven is smaller then the a traditional oven. But that being said it hasn't been a inconvenience at all so far. Cooking on multiple racks and utilizing both ovens at the same time makes up for any issues that we would have encountered. Example in our previous oven we use a large cookie sheet but could only use the center rack to ensure the the heat was evenly cooking the food. With this oven we can use multiple racks and get even cooking. If you have large baking trays and cookware that you use in the oven you may have to buy something a little smaller. Only two of our cookie sheets didn't fit. The rest was good to go.

Having the right cookware is a con but to be honest we checked our cookware and found that 80% of what we were already owned worked and was compatible with induction. If you are not sure what works, just place a magnet on the bottom of your pots and pans and if they stick you are good to go.

The broiler rack is a bit on the heavy side. Just being picky but if you have a handicap or a disability that prevents you from lifting heavier object you may find this on the heavy side.

Conclusion

We are extremely happy with our purchase and support we have gotten so far. We are going to continue to use it and as we discover new things we will update you all.

Thank you all who took the time to read the entire thing. Hope we didn't bore you and if you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to ask or if you want us to try something, let us know.

Bill & Anita

• waverly6
    Original Author
    4 days ago

What an excellent and in depth review. I’m really interested to read that the broiler oven was easy to clean because I’m hesitant to use mine. It’s still pristine …. Everything you have written is spot on. I have found though that not all magnetic pans are created equal. There are some that make a noise so if you hear a noise it’s the pan, not the cooktop. In addition, those will not work as efficiently.
    I’m interested about your comment on 4 prong installation. I’m going to check those aspects you have mentioned.
    Thanks for your very informative review.

• Bill Johnston
    4 days ago

Thank you waverly6. We agree 100% with your comments and reviews as well. The pegs/prong is part of the installation instructions in the manual. So our guess is the installers just forgot to install them or that it was a issue with missing parts. If you cant push back your panel then you more then likely have yours installed. As far as the pan noise 100% agree. I'm guessing we have gotten lucky with our pans as none of them makes noise. But if one does make noise then that is a good sign that you may want to upgrade. We are making a review video soon and we try to include that so that you can visually see what we are talking about.

• Abby Walsh
    3 days ago

Thanks Bill and Anita! And Waverly6 too for all the great comments. I’m excited! We’re doing a kitchen renovation for this so I will make sure the electrical is as it needs to be. Waverly6 what color did you get? I couldn’t find a photo of yours. Bill I love the matte black, at least from the photo that’s what you got!

• waverly6
    Original Author
    3 days ago

Blue