SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
byingling86

JULY FOTESS - FREEDOM and FAMILY TRADITIONS

First of all, you must be a member of this group Friends of the Earth Simple Swaps (FOTESS)

in order to participate. If you are interested in joining, check with Jeanne (sandlapper_rose) about the requirements.

This month's swap will be super duper simple because it is my first one, and I really don't know what I'm doing except to roll with it!

We are going to be doing a fun Freedom/Summer themed Bingo...and if you want to join along please let me know by Monday July 6th. I will send you each a card!

Items will be posted as I draw their names from a hat. I will give away prizes to the first to get each of the following: up and down, side to side, diagonal and 4 corners :)

The swap is simple:

1. Item that relates to your family freedom tradition. EXAMPLE: if your family tradition is fireworks (please don't ship fireworks there are federal regulations on these) - maybe send a bright assortment of wildflower seeds, something with fireworks on it, or a recipe with firecracker in the name :)

THAT's IT!

Please let me know if you'd like to join the swap by no later than July 10th so I can assign partners.

Mail items no later than the 27th so everyone receives in July!

If you want to sit out this month, please still share stories and garden updates! I'll start us off with my family traditions :)

Comments (98)

• BenLovesBeets (Zone 7b)
    Original Author
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I feel much the same as the others. My poor patio garden is struggling. Sometimes even watering twice a day isn't enough.

The word for today is PICNIC BASKET I know it's hot, but picnics are about the only thing we've managed to consistently keep doing. We wait until later in the evening and take food to one of our local lakes and eat by the water. I think we'll probably try to go this weekend. Who else loves picnics? Has anyone heard from Beth recently?

• jdmom78
    3 years ago

omg heidi. so glad you are safe after that tree debacle. never a dull day on your side of town. I got your card, i thought you were sending me cards, not money!!!! you shouldn't have... what are internet stranger friends for if they can't forward your junk!

• Related Discussions

FOTESS JULY SWAP: CHRISTMAS IN JULY

Q

Comments (192)
    Happy Friday.... I have not been around to open Jeannes Christmas in July package, which arrived a few days ago. And she also included my poetry prize....very cool! And here are the 12 days of Christmas from Jeanne.....how fun! *Christmas card and inside a 12 days of Christmas word search game *Partridge in a Pear Tree.....Jeanne sent Pear preserves and a mug mat (made by Jeanne....love it) and in the pocket of the mug mat is American Classic Tea. The tea is the only tea grown in the U.S. and is grown at the Charleston Tea plantation in SC. *Turtle Doves...a white bird with a clip so I can attach to my Christmas tree, a gift ect *French Hens...Puffy Pancake recipe which uses eggs....a family favorite. *Calling Birds....CD with Christmas songs "Home For The Holidays"...the birds not only call, they sing....LOL! *Golden Rings...."Extra Golden" California Poppy Seeds *Geese a Laying....an artificial egg and the egg layed "Interesting and Amazing Information On Geese"...................a got educated on Geese! *Swans a Swimming.....a white wash cloth which reminded Jeanne of a swan.....and it is a soft one too! *Maids a Milking.....Milky Way candy bars *Ladies Dancing....They are dancing to the music on the CD....LOL! *Lords a leaping...Star package tie ons.....leaping to reach the stars. *Pipers Piping....A bookmark with Jeannes horse Piper.....How cool!!! *Pipers Piping and Drummers Drumming.....A steno pad....and on the cover of the pad are pipers piping and drummers drumming..... Jeanne, thank you so much! I absoloutley love my 12 days of Christmas......very, very clever. And thank you for my prize! Your surgery was on Tuesday. Thoughts and prayers......be well. Annie
    ...See More

Fotess May: Cinco de Mayo Celebration

Q

Comments (113)
    Well, Ladies, I owe Nicole, and every one else, sincere and heartfelt apologies for not getting my package out on time. Nicole, I spent the last two days on the couch with breathing treatments of all kinds, just made it down to the Post Office today. I am so sorry! The PO Lady said it should be there by Monday. I surely hope so! And, is this swap completed? If it isn't, it's probably my fault for being late! Would like to start the June swap, but I won't if this isn't done. Let us know, Okay! Thanks! Heading outside to assess damage control! Shirley!
    ...See More

APRIL FOTESS ~ Reap What You Sow ~

Q

Comments (152)
    wanted to post bingo around 9am so we may be able to wrap up early but i didn't have any helpers to pull for me and then i decided to take a mid-morning nap. fasting for ramadan has really gotten to me as most mornings I haven't been having my caffiene so am pretty much sleepy all the time. BINGO - Air Biodiversity Its really cold and wet here in dallas. there was an outdoor fast breaking celebration planned for today and that has been cancelled so we are indoors for dinner tonight. no gardening or yard work going on over here... today is the last day to guess the word that everyone has on their BINGO cards...
    ...See More

FOTESS: July Swap - SWEET AND SIMPLE RED, WHITE & BLUE

Q

Comments (69)
    Updating Jeanne sends to Melinda - sent & received Melinda sends to Urooj - sent & received * Urooj sends to Beth * Beth sends to Mandy - sent Mandy sends to Jeanne - sent & received * I'll check more about these later today. I may have missed seeing a post or two. And now. BINGO for the last posting of the month. Today's words are: AMERICA COMMON The Secret Words are: the Beautiful (America the Beautiful) Sense (Common Sense) Winner of the Secret Word is Melinda with an incredible 8 correct secret words out of the 15 choices she made. Congratulations, Melinda! Waiting to see who posts having BINGO.
    ...See More
  • jdmom78
    3 years ago

I also wanted to thank Melinda and Mandy for the awesome birthday cards. i need to send them PM's as i don't think they are playing this month...

how in gods earth do i find people??? how do i message mandy??? i know i need to find her and go to her profile and click message but how and where do i search??? help....

• l1oness
    3 years ago

Sorry I'm late to the party, but I'm glad you got your birthday card!

It's been crazy in my life. My husband and I purchased a new piece of property (to build on next year) so that's one project. And we are trying to start cleaning up the current house to sell once we get there. My mom lost her significant other, so we are trying to help keep up on the maintance on her house too. She will eventually be moving in with us, so that's another piece of the puzzle. With everything going on - COVID, work, garden (which is doing well, despite the heat) - I lost track of the time.

Happy July!

Mandy

• sandlapper_rose
    3 years ago

Nicole, you will be receiving 2 different mailings for your swap and they are on the way. I hope you enjoy them.

Original Author
    3 years ago

Okay so updates for today! Happy Late Birthday to Katie! Sorry I missed it on Tuesday!! Jeanne is the winner of the flag iteration guessing game! There have been 27 or 44 versions of our stars and stripes flag!! Depending on how you view it. WOAH. Crazy. Here they are. Anything underlined with an arrow is an iteration that existed at relatively the same time and was an accepted version for the current number of states at that time. Stars always represented number of states/colonies prior to states, but stripes mostly represented colonies. For a brief time (during the war) there was a version that included 15 stripes to represent kentucky and vermont as states of the union but eventually changed back to 13 to represent the colonies once again as many more states joined/were acquired. The flag circled in Green represents the flag that inspired Francis Scott Key's Star-Spangled Banner, and I tried to put which states resulted in iteration changes throughout time. Since several iterations existed at one time (ie the four that represented the colonies after the jack but before VT/KY) this is considered "one version" that is why even though there are 44 flags there are only "27 versions". Anyway they didn't standardize star formation until 1912...which is why so many versions, and they didn't standardize color until 1934!! So hope you enjoyed! Two bingo words tomorrow. This bit of leg work wore me out!

Original Author
    3 years ago

• smitties
    3 years ago

Wow, never thought there was that many. Not up to my history.

• sandlapper_rose
    3 years ago

Great information. I had no idea there were that many flags and some I know I have never seen before.

I got out to water my plants for a few minutes and I'm starting to get blossoms on my cucumbers. I only planted a few so I'm wondering if I should start some more seeds for when these stop producing. I think my larger tomato plants are starting to flower, too. I didn't plant a lot and everything was planted much later than usual this year. I also have tiny tomato, pepper and basil plants. Perhaps they will do something before fall. I'm sure this year will stay hot for a long time. All the vegetables except for the cucumbers are still in containers, some just seedling sized so a very slow start. Several years ago I planted Rose of Sharon from seed (trade groups) and they haven't gotten much care, but I transplanted one and it's going to bloom soon. Very excited to see what it looks like! I'll try to share a picture if the blossoms don't wilt right away from the heat.

Hope everyone is safe and well.

Original Author
    3 years ago

WELL I didn't have a laptop this weekend, and I see the post that I did from my phone on Saturday didn't post...Fantastic. I am really sorry ladies! I feel like i'm dropping the ball here. Saturday's word was SUN TAN LOTION (which was appropriate for here since it got to be over 100 Degrees here both Saturday and Sunday). Sunday's word was ICE CREAM which is funny. I am randomly drawing these words and Yesterday was National Ice cream day!

Did you know that National Ice Cream day is always the 3rd Sunday in July. Since 1984, when Ronald Reagan decided we should celebrate the treat that more than 90% of Americans love to bolster the dairy industry. We lead the world in consumption of ice cream with each American consuming nearly 23 gallons per year! LORDY that's nearly 2 gallons per month EACH?? I am lactose intolerant and though I do occasionally splurge and have a bit of ice cream, someone definitely is making up for my amount lol. Last night we had homemade peach cobbler over a scoop of old fashioned vanilla, but my favorite flavors are coconut chocolate chip, dough, peppermint, are butter pecan. What are your favorite ice cream flavors??

Today's word is Pinwheel. We should be getting close to a BINGO soon I would think?

Also I see Jeanne has sent to Nicole has anyone else sent or received?

• canyonwind
    3 years ago

Good Morning....

RE: BINGO....I have a line of BINGO....Am I supposed to call BINGO? If yes....BINGO!! LOL! I know we all have the same BINGO words but they are mixed up on each of our cards.

Breanne, your freedom and family traditions little package went out Saturday.

Happy Monday....

Annie

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    3 years ago

My dad makes homemade ice cream and we had some yesterday. It's vanilla, but he adds a bit of lemon. I also like Brownie Bit Chocolate. I'm with you--someone is eating a LOT of ice cream to make up for the rest of us! Warmer climates eat more, I'm sure. It's hard to get excited about ice cream when it's cold outside. We switch to hot chocolate!

I was in a car accident awhile ago and totaled my car. This weekend I got a new one. Hubby and I went to pick up a loft bed with desk underneath for the daughter headed off to college soon and we took a car to get work done to a dealership. Instead, we cancelled the work we were going to have done and bought a 2012 Prius--a blue/teal color. I'm in heaven! I love the color, I can see out of this car (I'm 4'11" and have trouble. I'm not even the little old lady yet, but someonen I look like it behind the wheel.) By the time I'm 90 I'll be driving from the back seat in a kid's carseat. Kids up to 4'10" are supposed to be in those so I might be, too! Just need long, long pedals! ha

I'm anticipating a big bloom of brown-eyed susans coming up. They have filled in and should be very pretty. My watermelon is about the size of a softball. I have 3 little green tomatoes, but nobody has tomatoes because we had a May freeze. The anticipation is killing us! LOL Heidi

• smitties
    3 years ago

Congrats to Annie. Congrats on the car Heidi.

We made ice cream for the grandkids when they visited. I swear my grandson is the wrong kid as his favorite is vanilla. No one in my family does anything other then chocolate. LoL. Mine has to be chocolate with chocolate and more chocolate. My favorite is a turtle sundae with chocolate ice cream. I certainly don’t eat the National average, that’s for sure so some people eat an awful lot of ice cream.

my package is on the way to the post office as soon as I hit submit.

• sandlapper_rose
    3 years ago

I have a line on my card where I also have Bingo. Nice surprise!

As for ice cream, I add it to coffee a lot so that's always vanilla or coffee flavored. To eat as simply ice cream I love Pistachio and Butter Pecan. And, yes, I do eat the vanilla and coffee flavors simply as ice cream. I absolutely love hot fudge sundaes and haven't had one in over a year, I'm sure. Sounds like something I should do soon!

Original Author
    3 years ago

CONGRATS annie, were you side to side, up and down, diagonal or four corners...i have a small prize for the first person to get each! Same goes for you Jeanne!

Heidi - congrats on the CAR that's awesome...my grandmother was very short...she had to sit on a booster seat to see out and use special shoes to drive. I think she was only shorter than you by one inch but she had polio and was very crippled over from that. Lemon vanilla homemade icecream sounds like a dream. Margo and my husband share ice cream tastes lol. My dad is plain vanilla guy though. Jeanne, I am party italian and often put ice cream in my coffee...it's a dessert called affogato. It's usually made with espresso, but I usually make it with decaf coffee in the evening so I'm not wired. Heidi, it's a great alternative to the "cold" ice cream in the winter!

• jdmom78
    3 years ago

BINGO - I have a line across, meaning left to right. not sure if thats already been called.

I have not mailed my package yet annie. still looking around for something good. was busy last week with my daughter birthday, fighting a home appraisal and planning on my sisters drive through shower. i didn't even go shopping last week.,.. oh wait, yes i did. never mind.

congrats on the new car heidi. i went from a honda odyssey to a new honda odyssey. i will be a soccer mom for a few more years.

i love all ice cream. my favorite flavor is vanilla. after vanilla i love all of the exotic flavors out there, pistachio, mango, guava... and COFFEE :) we watched a video a few weeks back about making ice cream in plastic bags where you add ice and salt and shake shake shake. well it was a lot of shaking and it was just ok in taste. will stick to buying my ice cream.

• sandlapper_rose
    3 years ago

My Bingo is from top to bottom down the right side of the card.

• smitties
    3 years ago

Beth, I did get both your address requests and responded to each. If you don’t get them, you can email me at

smitties50@gmail.com

Original Author
    3 years ago

Good Morning Gardeners!

Beth your goodies went out yesterday (you should get something from me and something from a 3rd party :) ) Let me know if it doesn't come! So I have an across Bingo from ANNIE, she was first so that will be her BINGO. JEANNE has an up and down so that will be first for that one. UROOJ, I think your bingo is also across, but since that was taken by Annie, it won't count for a prize. Don't fear, there are two more prizes for diagonal and four corners! Those who have won may continue to play if they'd like, but I'll do one bingo prize per person :)

Today's word is Sunglasses. My husband has a bike with a little trailer for our son and he LOVES it. Anytime he wants a ride he runs out to the garage and sits in the little trailer. Though it's adorable, it's really never at a good time...like yesterday he was buck naked after bath time and he ran to get in it with nothing but his SUNGLASSES on LOL. It was hard to tell him no. Never a dull moment here. Hope you ladies are enjoying the summer as best you can!

Urooj sends to Annie

Nicole sends to Urooj

Jeanne SENT to Nicole

Margo SENT to Jeanne

Beth sends to Margo

Breanne SENT to Beth

Annie SENT to Breanne

• bluee19
    3 years ago

Thank You Jeanne for the cute tags you made and the seeds you ordered from Baker Creek!! Both of them came today on THANKFUL TUESDAY so it was great timing!! Thanks for taking your time to think of what to send and appreciate your thoughtfulness!!

Happy Tuesday everyone!!

Urooj ~ You should be receiving an order from Baker Creek in the mail, hope it comes by next week :)

• sandlapper_rose
    3 years ago

I received Margo's lovely package today. Thanks so much, Margo, and it lifted my spirits to see that package in my mailbox! Margo sent some microfiber dishcloths with a red, white and blue design and a great wooden sign that reads "Home Sweet Home" with a patriotic theme. She also sent a note about how the seeds she included represent the meal they usually have with the family for the 4th of July. I loved reading about it and the seeds are very much appreciated: Egg Gourd, Parisian Pickle Cucumbers, Mustard Seed, Pumpkin, Bicolor Sweet Corn, Basil, and Tomato (suitable for containers). I know I've mentioned that my seeds got a late start this year. I just put 4 of my tomato plants in the ground this week. 2 of them have blossoms on them so we'll see how it goes. It's very hard to have fruit set when it's this hot. My cucumber plants are also blooming. I'll be happy if the intense heat lets up for a few days.

Well, it's pretty late in the day so I'm going to get the clothes out of the dryer, take the dog out one last time and head up to bed. Thanks again, Margo!

• smitties
    3 years ago

Jeanne, glad you liked the package.

I am sure it won't be long before you have your vegies if they have flowers. I know this heat is bad but my cukes and tomatoes keep going. I had to water twice a day up til the last two days when we finally received a great amount of rain. Brought the temps down a little too.

Original Author
    3 years ago

Urooj sends to Annie

Nicole SENT to Urooj

Jeanne SENT Nicole RECEIVED

Margo SENT Jeanne RECEIVED

Beth sends to Margo

Breanne SENT to Beth

Annie SENT to Breanne

Today's Bingo Words are: Bumblebee and Streamers.

That's an appropriate draw for today. Tomorrow is my Brother in law's birthday. We are having a very small get together for him this evening since he and my husband work together anyway. There probably won't be streamers, 34 isn't really an exciting year (at least not so far for me), but there will be homemade peach ice cream.

Jeanne those seeds sound like a great haul (great package Margo)! My plants have blossomed multiple times, but everything keeps withering no matter how much i water. I have about 3 TINY pitiful tomatoes on ...my cucumber has all but died, and both squash that produced as squash have now shriveled. It is definitely not my year lol.

• jdmom78
    3 years ago

BINGO

I have 4 corners. apparently i've had it for quite a while but just noticed it today.

I am working on Annies package. Finally decided on some things i want to get.

got the tracking info nicole. so excited. i hope it comes before we leave for our trip. we rented a lake house a few hours south and are going to get away for some R&R

my garden is moving along slowly and i don't go out too much these days because its just too hot. will try to snap some pics today so i can show you how what i want isn't growing and what i don't want is taking over!

i hear what you are saying about those tomatoes Breanne. I have 10 plants and i have 1 with 1 tomato. my neighbor has 1 plant with 10 tomatoes. what gives?!?! she uses compost, that's all she told me.

have a good weekend everyone!

• smitties
    3 years ago

Diagonal bingo for me if it already hasn’t been called.

• canyonwind
    3 years ago

Breanne,....checking in....did you receive your little freedom and traditions package?

Happy weekend....be safe!

Annie

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    3 years ago

Flowers in bloom. 1. morning glory. 2. Not sure. That's my finger in the picture. tiny adorable bloom. 3. lily. Heidi

Original Author
    3 years ago

Hey there! I hope everyone had a great weekend. Sorry I have been MIA. I went to my in-laws and they pretty much don't have the internet. It's like dial-up bad. Anyway. It looks like we've maxed out the bingos so no more words needed! Congrats to my four winners who are Annie - across, Jean up and down, Urooj four corners, and Margo diagonal! I think i have current addresses for Annie, Jeanne, and Margo, but I may not for Urooj. Margo you will also be getting a little prize from the burger guessing game and Jeanne you will be for the flag guessing game. I have one more guessing game to reveal for this last fun week of Freedom and Family Traditions!

Heidi, those flowers are divine. I especially love the tiny sunflower look-alike :)

Annie, I have not yet received my package. Things here have been about a day or two behind normal speed so I will keep my eyes out for it!

Beth, have you received you package yet??

• jdmom78
    3 years ago

love the pics heidi.

breanne i will send you a PM with my address

Annie your package is on its way... well sort of... we came on vacation a few hours south of home and i brought your package with me to mail it out from here. am hoping to get it out in tomorrows mail!

things are fun on the vacay. we needed a little getaway and didnt leave too far from home. rented a boat and went boating today. it was a fun and exhausting day. still waiting for dinner, hubby is making chicken on the bbq!

• Beth Brownberry
    3 years ago

Breanne yes!!! I got a surprise packet from Baker creek yesterday. I had placed an order but was surprised when I opened this as it was NOT what I expected. .Lime Basil will be new to me and I'm sure I will like it Collards is one of my standard fall veggies and so, Is very welcome and the bonus, Japanese red mustard, is so pretty for the fall into winter. Very nice choices. Thank you so much.

Margo's package left here on Saturday and hopefully will arrive today or tomorrow.

We got some much needed rain yesterday and all the "dead brown grass" has revived and jumped up about about 4 inches overnight. Hopefully it will also revive most of my shrubs. This has been a tough year all round and I will soon start counting down to the start of a new year.

Original Author
    3 years ago

Today's Update:

Annie - I got my package and LOVE the bbq napkins! How fun. We do a lot of patio barbequeing so those will come in quite handy. Thanks also for the festive stickers and tag. I hope to get all of your prizes out tomorrow as soon as we have a winner for today's little game!

Urooj SENT to Annie

Nicole SENT to Urooj

Jeanne SENT Nicole RECEIVED

Margo SENT Jeanne RECEIVED

Beth SENT to Margo

Breanne SENT Beth RECEIVED

Annie SENT Breanne RECEIVED

Without looking it up, does anyone know the importance of this song to American History? "The Anacreontic Song" If noone can guess by tomorrow at 10am i'll give a hint!

• smitties
    3 years ago

I received these from Beth today for our swap. I love the flag. I like to trade them out each month so this will be August’s flag. My hubby and I also enjoyed the Cracker Jacks. Now those brought back memories. Still have a prize inside. lol. Thank you Beth.

• jdmom78
    3 years ago

sorry for not messaging you breanne. i forgot. good news Annie. i got your package out in todays mail and it should be there in 2 days.

Nicole i'm not sure if your package arrived today even though i had a few things on my informed delivery. i will be home in a few days and am looking forward to all the surprised that await me.

Breanne i have no idea what that song is or how to even pronounce the word! i wish i would have taken latin!

editing to add- i asked my teenage son and he said it wounds like its for a native american dance. he's not much help and he has taken a lot of latin! lol.

Original Author
    3 years ago

Here's a hint for the "The Anacreontic Song" - It's a song without lyrics, but with lyrics added has a different title. The lyrics that have been added to this song are a poem that was written during the War of 1812.

• canyonwind
    3 years ago

RE: The Anacreontic Song.....our National Anthem, "The Star Bangled Banner".....the words from the poem and the music came together....can't remember what year. I think this is what you are looking for. Centuries ago, when I was in high school, I had to write a paper on Patriotism. I have forgotten most of the facts on the anthem....need to go read about this....a refresher course...LOL!. Breanne, good question.

Happy day....enjoy...be safe.

Annie

Original Author
    3 years ago

ANNIE! you got it! It is the music behind the poem together they are the "star spangled banner!" I hope you all enjoyed families and freedom! I am looking forward to next month's swap. I'll post an update when everyone has received, but I think that this concludes our July Swap!!

• sandlapper_rose
    3 years ago

We've been having terrible storms the past 2 evenings so I haven't been able to be on the computer. So much lighting and thunder and it goes on and on for about 2 hours at a time. Apparently these storms are slow moving. I tried to find the amount of rainfall here at home yesterday and couldn't find anything by zip code - I think I just don't know where to look. I saw a report online that in the area over 4 inches fell in 55 min. Like I say, it has been brutal and will be back again this evening and by Sunday we'll have effects from the tropical storm (that I can't pronounce), Some rain in the forecast for all days next week. The grass is the greenest it has ever been in the summer! Still no noticeable fruit on any of my plants, but the plants look nice and healthy. I have a few zinnias starting to bloom. Other than that, just my huge butterfly bush and a huge hydrangea blooming. Summer heat doesn't result in much when it's this hot.

Amazing about the origins of The Star Spangled Banner. Sure never heard the name of the musical portion before.

Everyone take care. It has been a great month here and July has gone by so quickly.

• jdmom78
    3 years ago

Good job Annie. I received my package from Nicole a few days back! Got 2 types of watermelon seeds and purple mustard. excited because i wanted to grow some watermelon this month for my second round of plantings. thanks nicole!

thanks Breanne for a fun swap. had a great time!!

• sandlapper_rose
    3 years ago

I went to look to see who is hostess in August and just found that no one had signed up for that month. I'll be happy to set up a book swap and will post in a day or two. When you swap it must only be a book and a gently used/read book is fine so it can be sent by media rate. That sure keeps the cost down on the postage. You will get to list the 3 types of books in order of your preference: Garden, Novel or Cookbook.

Thunder just arrived so it's time for me to sign off!

• jdmom78
    3 years ago

Thanks Jeanne. i'm in for a book swap. I stopped by goodwill before our trip and picked up a John Grisham book but haven't gotten to it just yet. I do love books and we have a library in the house with books we have been collecting for years and years.

• Beth Brownberry
    3 years ago

Jeanne , if there is anything that comes close to how much I love gardening...it is BOOKS!!!

Original Author
    3 years ago

OOOH I'm down. I love books so so much! Also, I love John Grisham, Urooj. Which did you get? I haven't read any of his in a while. I am interested in hearing how it is :)

• canyonwind
    3 years ago

I just opened my wonderful freedom and family traditions package from Urooj....love it!! The theme.....WATERMELON, as her family always includes WATERMELON on family picnics and BBQ's.

And inside this package......

a very colorful WATERMELON beach towel and pink flip flops to enjoy around my pool.

As well, included in the package.....yellow Baby Doll WATERMELON seeds, Sugar Baby WATERMELON seeds and Georgia Rattlesnake WATERMELON seeds....great selection. I have not grown WATERMELON in my garden in years.

I attempted to post a pic....not taking. Will try again in a bit.

Urooj, thank you so much....what a fun package!!

Happy weekend!!

Breanne, thanks for a great swapping month!!

Annie

• canyonwind
    3 years ago

THANK YOU Urooj!!

• jdmom78
    3 years ago

Glad you liked the items Annie. I miss my siblings every time you post about all the fun youre having poolside.

nicole, your package was perfect. as you can see. i love watermelon! LOL

Breanne, I picked up The Bretheren. Ive been reading a ton by him these days. Rooster Bar was good. i just passed it along to my dad. Another author my sister recommended to me was B.D. Paris. they are psychological thrillers so i would recommend that author also! i read a few and they were good.

see you guys on the august thread.

Urooj.

• sandlapper_rose
    3 years ago

Breanne, I received my game prize envelope in yesterday's mail. Thank you so much!

• smitties
    3 years ago

Breanne, received my prize and want to thank you. Awesome job as a host. Thank you so much.

• jdmom78
    3 years ago

Thank you Breanne! I received my seeds!!! What a cute idea. Thanks for a great swap!

• bluee19
    3 years ago

Thank you Breanne for the marigold seeds, appreciate them and your thoughfulness. Thanks for hosting a great month of funness!!

• canyonwind
    3 years ago

Breanne,

I just brought in Saturdays mail......

Thank you so much for the nice patriotic card, Bachelor Button seeds and the cutest mini clip board with paper pad. I have never seen one this size, approx 3 " x 4"....love it.

Happy Monday.....

Annie