SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_905511833

Shower glass enclosure option that is child-friendly?

3 years ago

We are currently in the process of a bathroom remodel in our new house. We are doing a tub/shower combo with a pony wall. My son is currently 4 years old and taking supervised baths so we don't have much of a problem with our frameless shower glass enclosure, the swinging door type. However, I'm worried in the long run it won't be a safe option as the door is pretty heavy for even an adult to open/close while making sure you lift your leg up into the tall tub.

Which option would you choose and why? Photos attached for reference.

Option 1 - Frameless shower glass enclosure with a swinging door

Looks the best but I'm afraid it's not safe for a child to operate. Any comments from parents who uses this type of enclosure?

Option 2 - Frameless shower glass sliding door

Assuming this would be easier for a child to slide open/close. I'm not a fan of that thick sliding door railing on top and the wheels but willing to accept if it's safer?

Option 3 - Glass on top of pony wall only with a curtain rod

This is not as aesthetically pleasing as the two options above, but in hopes of when he's older, we can install a nicer glass enclosure without doing damage to the tile work. I also like the idea that I don't have to squeegee the glass door every time I come out of the shower.

Thank you, I'm also opened to hear about other options that you may have.

Comments (9)