Do you have a black hole in your kitchen?

Sooz

Saw this and thought y'all might enjoy it... for us, we have a white hole singularity and a black hole!

SaveComment13Like10
Comments (13)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
linda campbell

nope....my wanna be is sort of taupe/brown....and eats nothing from the floor bit chocolate and blue cheese. You can spill cheerios, drop a cracker even a piece of cheddar cheese and she will inspect it....and walk away.

Save     Thanked by Sooz
Islay Corbel

Hahaha. We used to.

Save     Thanked by Sooz
Jasdip

I've always loved that shot!!!

I have a tabby that sits in the middle of the kitchen when he's hungry. Just shows up and parks his butt, waiting for me to notice him, as I'm noodling in the kitchen.

1 Like Save    
ediej1209 AL Zn 7

My white-with-brown hole can hear a crumb fall from 2 rooms away!

2 Likes Save    
chloebud

We used to have a cat that would come in a flash whenever we opened the drawer for the can opener. Really funny since you could open the drawer for something else and no cat. How do they know???

2 Likes Save    
seagrass_gw

We have a black hole and a mostly white hole in our tiny galley kitchen. They weigh between 50-55 lbs. The white one can hear a bag of chips open from the second floor at the other end of the house.

Save    
donna_in_sask

My sister in law used to babysit for some neighbours when she was a teenager and one time, she was there around suppertime and went to get the broom to sweep the floor...the neighbours stopped her and said " you don't have to do that, we just let the dogs in".

Save    
caflowerluver

I have had one of those going back to 2001. In March I got a new model. Boy, can black holes move fast!

Save    
nancyofnc

I have a black cat and a grey cat - they will beg for anything I am eating but mostly just slink away when it is not something they should eat. Had another black cat the begged for crackers and chips, she's gone now and the remaining hole grabbers won't touch those things, although they beg anyway if I am eating. Didn't know cats begged like dogs. When I had two 50# Samoyed dogs - they were my "white holes in the kitchen". Ate every tiny bit of stuff that fell - especially raw pasta. Go figure. Never had to resort to a broom with them around. I miss them, as the cats wouldn't scarf a crumb, ever. Love your photo Sooz!!

Save     Thanked by Sooz
artemis_ma

No, mine is smaller and sort of tabbyish. It is also selective towards meats and shuns vegetables.

Save    
sarahsocal

Mine is MUCH less stealthy:

3 Likes Save    
annie1992

Yeah, I have an assortment of "holes", but this is the biggest one:

Yes, that's our shelter dog, Molly. She's 12 now and a veteran scrounger and floor cleaner.

The cats don't even try to be stealthy, they just howl until you give them something, and then they walk away. One is very picky, but loves liver. The other is a junk food eater, he likes popcorn and chips and goldfish cheese crackers. Neither would eat anything that's dropped during food prep, though. Good thing, if they tried, Molly might eat THEM by accident, LOL.

Annie

3 Likes Save    
Jasdip

LOL Sarahsocal!!!!

Annie, Molly is gorgeous!!!!

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Kitchen Design 10 Smashing Black Kitchens
Looking for something different from an all-white kitchen? Think about going stylishly dark instead
Full Story
Before and Afters Kitchen of the Week: Bungalow Kitchen’s Historic Charm Preserved
A new design adds function and modern conveniences and fits right in with the home’s period style
Full Story
Kitchen Design New This Week: 3 Stunning Black-and-White Kitchens
Use this classic color palette for clean sophistication and as a backdrop for accessories
Full Story
With the help of our experienced experts, remodeling will no longer be a hassle for you to handle. Virginia... Read More
With over 25,000 man-hours of time spent in the field, Keda specializes in turning mundane property into a warm,... Read More