SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
megan_a74

complete living room redo - transitional with touch of boho

Megan A
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I've been lurking and learning for months while waiting for my new sofa and it just arrived so I'm ready to go, unfortunately I'm even more confused than ever.

Here are a couple of updated photos - and a floorplan, without the furniture that is leaving. I ordered the wrong size curtains, so the teal curtains will be replaced with the same white ones when they get here.

Don't mind the table hidden in the hallway to get it out of the way of the photo (which clearly failed) or the box of curtains that needs to be returned in the dining room, or the dog butt.

this piece by the front door isn't always this messy. Stuff got piled there when we moved everything out and right now it has no other place to go.

The white curtains are new but I got the wrong length so, there would be another panel on the left of the sofa, and two more where the teal curtains are. My husband says the white curtains are too white with the white walls. Little back story - almost my whole house was painted a light coffee color called latte. My husband never wants the curtains open, so it was always dark and I got sick of it and started painting stuff white. I think I went a little overboard.

So, I'm looking to keep things light in this room. I think my style is mostly transitional but I like a little bit of color and boho fun.

Here are a couple of my inspiration photos

Mid Century Modern Masterpiece | Candler Park - Atlanta, GA · More Info

Bohemian Glam Living room · More Info

Bergen Street Residence · More Info

So I guess to start my questions are - should I keep the white curtains? What size rug? we had an 8x10 but I think it was too big. Thanks in advance.

Comments (79)