SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

May 2020, Week 2

Good Morning! Happy Mother's Day to all your moms, grandmothers, and mothers-to-be. For everybody hungry for and longing for family time, I hope you're able to have it in some shape, form or fashion today. I've noticed a definite change in the traffic patterns here in our rural area as the state has reopened, and it seems to me that most people are out and about just like the virus never happened. (Please remember it is still here and be cautious.) Several of our friends are seeing their children and grandchildren this weekend, some of them for the first time since the lockdowns and social distancing began. We saw ours last weekend.

The weather this week looks more stable than last week's. though that might not be saying much since last week's weather served up a dish containing a little bit of everything that Mother Nature could concoct and throw at us weatherwise. At least it isn't snowing here in May, so there's that.

Our big job here at our place this weekend involves mowing, edging with the string trimmer and continuing to work on weeding and mulching in the garden. The weeding seems to be an endless task at this time of the year, but I feel like this is our best chance of maintaining control. Once summer arrives and it is hot, hot, hot, I will not be out there in the garden pulling weeds endlessly in the sun.

If you've been out buying plants this weekend, be sure to let us know what you found in the nurseries and garden centers so we can live vicariously through your plant shopping adventures.

Have a great week everybody.

Dawn

Comments (70)