SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennyclare82

Please help me make this bedroom furniture work

Mally Lee
3 years ago

I inherited this bedroom furniture from my grandmother, and I absolutely love it. I know it's a bit large for my room, and a little old fashioned, but I really adore the natural wood and intricate carvings.

I also inherited these lamps, which I also love, but they're a bit silly. I think I may store them. Anyway, my plan is to go with a neutral wall color and bedding. I really love the classic, romantic look. I'm not into modern at all, but don't want things to look too dated, either. The walls will be repainted a neutral color, and I could definitely use your input on that as well. Here is some bedding I thought might look nice on this bed:

Or:

This seems nice, but would white work with this bed? I feel like it calls for more of an ivory, but I really don't have a knack for this kind of thing.

As for wall color, I tend to gravitate towards taupes, but a part of me feels like the oak-ish color of the wood calls for more of a pinky/peachish beige, but I'm not sure. All I know is I am seriously lacking in the design department, so I need something easy and universal. Do you have any thoughts on how to make this work? Also, any thoughts on curtains?

I could so use your help!

Comments (4)