SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
becky_wright17

My realtor says REMOVE 2nd door from Master Bathroom (but we LIKE it)

Becky Wright
3 years ago

About to completely gut and remodel our master bath. We've lived in our house for 16 years. Our master bath has two doors: one from our bedroom, and another that goes out to the hallway across from the laundry room, and adjacent to the side garage door. It's very handy, and my husband and I have both appreciated the accessibility of the laundry room, coming right in from the garage and able to get to our own bathroom easily, etc. My mother, who sold real estate for 35 years, AND who worked with my architect father for 20 years, also agrees that keeping the hall door is a good idea, convenient traffic flow. However, my real estate agent INSISTS that I should remove the hall doorway, "for resale purposes" if I ever sell one day. I really disagree with her, but wanted to ask other architects, homeowners, real estate folks, your opinion. (Before you ask, there are 2 1/2 bathrooms downstairs, two full baths upstairs. We have 9 children in total, the youngest two [adopted] still at home.) Sadly, my husband died unexpectedly 3 months ago :((( so now I'm making the decision by myself. MUCH appreciate your opinions!

Comments (30)