SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eldemila

Extra Bathroom Vanity in Master BR - Remove? PICS

eldemila
14 years ago

We have an offer on a pre-foreclosure that's a definite fixer-upper. Though it's not ours yet, one dilemma we do have if we do get it is what to do about the master bathroom.

There's a vanity outside the actual bathroom between the bathroom and the walk-in closet. The bathroom itself has a single sink vanity, toilet and bath/shower combo. We don't need/want two sinks/vanities.

My question is, what would you do or put in this area? Our current home had the doorway open as this does and we put in a glass paneled door which I would do here as well, I don't like it being open. This little bit I do know.

I'm not coming up with anything other than making the bathroom bigger (which really isn't needed)by putting in a door where the opening is, and removing the main bathroom door and walls then closing the closet door up on the side and opening it up from the bedroom side. Or would it be better to leave the bathroom door as it is, remove vanity next to toilet, leave the other vanity location and put a door at the opening - for privacy? I just hate the idea of two sinks/vanities and most of all being able to see it from the bedroom.

If anyone has had this set up and remodeled would love to see pictures. Or, if you know of a website that may have some ideas, please post.

Thanks for any ideas or input!

The area in question

{{gwi:1469288}}

View from bedroom. Left side of wall (where door is) is where bathroom is, right side of wall is small walk-in closet.

{{gwi:1463429}}

Masterbath - opposite side is where bathtub/shower is, which is the wall you see from the bedroom (which will be made in to a shower if we get it)

{{gwi:1463431}}

Comments (9)