SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marcy59

Help with Kitchen Design

4 years ago

Hi there! We are renovating our house and doing a major remodel of the kitchen and want to get any last minute advice/tips prior to ordering the cabinets. We will be a family of 5 (but planning for 6 just in case). As far as appliances go we are pretty set on a 42" side-by-side column refrigerator, a 36" rangetop, double ovens, a microwave drawer, and new dishwasher (there may be a better place for discussion, but if you have any suggestions of brands that would be greatly appreciated as well---considering brands like Theramaodor, JennAir, SZ at the moment, but open to whatever is good quality).

My main objective is to get the best functional and aesthetically pleasing layout as possible. I have had 1 round with the designer but before I go back I just want to make sure there isn't anything that I may be missing. We are also including accessories such as pull-out organizers, drawer knife block, and pantry cabinet drawers. The cabinet between the long pantry cabinets is supposed to function as a breakfast station for a basic coffee maker, blender, and/or toaster/toaster oven (things we use daily). I'm still on the fence about this. Not sure if it is big enough. I love the idea and like for the countertops to remain clear, but would be nice if it could have been on the other wall next to the refrigerator. Also on the fence about the refrigerated drawers as they are quite expensive (thinking of a regular undercounter fridge/drawers for kid drinks/snacks and things used for breakfast, but could also probably due without it to save money.) We don't have a pantry room so the pantry cabinets are essential.

Also thinking of additional seating for hosting and for the family. DH wants a long island. Given there is not much space for a table would like any ideas regarding adding more seating without significantly blocking access to the family room and patio doors. Our kids are all very young.

I am attaching the actual floor plan and the current kitchen design. If you have any suggestions on the layout/design, cabinet accessories or anything that I should consider prior to pulling the trigger please let me know. Thank you in advance!

Comments (12)