SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jesenia_gardea

Help with Lay out of kitchen

Jesenia Gardea
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I currently have a galley kitchen.

When one walks in through the front door, there is an open space (I don't know what it will be yet as I have a formal living room else where.) The left side of that room was used as a dining area by previous owners.

Further back on the left is the galley kitchen. On the left side, there is the counter, the sink, and more counter space. On the right side, there is a small peninsula with an old fashion post. Directly across from the sink, there is a door that leads to the basement. Then there is some counter space, a stove, and more counter space. That is the end of the kitchen.

Behind the kitchen, is a door that leads to the laundry room. The refrigerator is currently in the laundry room. The laundry room has a door that leads to the back yard. To the right of the laundry room is a very small bathroom.

I would like to expand the kitchen. There are a few challenges. There is not much I can do to gain more width. The door to the basement can be moved only a few inches (6-12"). Also the post is load baring. The post could be moved only a few inches as well without having to get a steel beam. I can't afford a steel beam to support the 2nd floor.

Please let me know if you have any ideas on how I can create a better layout.

Jesenia's New House · More Info

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!