Apple Cider Vinegar has particles. Still good?

bbstx

My nearly new bottle of apple cider vinegar has small particles floating in it. The pull date is more than 6 months from now. It has not been subjected to extraordinary heat or cold. Is it still good?

SaveComment5Like
Comments (5)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Solsthumper

Apple cider vinegar will often have a sediment floating in the bottom that looks like a science experiment, but it's actually just 'the mother,' and it is perfectly safe. Vinegar usually lasts forever, maybe even longer☺

Sol

3 Likes Save     Thanked by bbstx
chloebud

^Ditto!

Save     Thanked by bbstx
plllog

Reditto. :)

If you're using it for a recipe that won't absorb the flecks you can strain them out.

bbstx

I thought it was probably all right, but I sure am glad to have y’all tell me it is. I made a Depression Cake or Crazy Cake from a recipe at this site. I made the Spiced Cake. Because I do not have pumpkin spice, I used Chinese 5 Spice Powder. OMG, it is really good. And my house smells wonderful!

1 Like Save    
bragu_DSM 5

double re-ditto

stuff with the mother usually costs a bit more, but not always.

Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Housekeeping Vinegar and Voilà: Clean Your House the Natural Way
Ditch the commercial cleaners for nontoxic, inexpensive and versatile white vinegar
Full Story
Apartment Life Warm Up Fall With an Apple Pie Party at Home
A pie enthusiast shares a recipe, ideas for pretty crusts, and tips on how she makes the most of her rental kitchen
Full Story
Healthy Home 16 Ideas for a Healthy, Feel-Good Home
Making these small tweaks and bigger shifts at home can help you thrive everywhere you go
Full Story