SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
girl_wonder

quartz slabs don't match (?)

girl_wonder
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Is there ever an issue with using different quartz slabs and having them not match? Either due to the size of the slabs or when they were made?

Quartz is supposed to mimic natural stone so if there are variations, it seems like that should be fine, maybe even good. However, I was googling a couple of days ago and they said for the material I wanted (Pental Quartz Misterio) that the standard vs. jumbo slabs look different and should not be used in the same room. Really? This was on some random site where you order online (something weird like myquartzcountertop dot com, or whatever). I can't find it again.

In case you're wondering, here's the issue of the week: the fabricator had estimated materials a couple months ago and said we could do my kitchen with two jumbo slabs. Last week they went to lay it out and discovered that, for the island, there isn't enough material to make the laminations (edges) from the same slab, so they could take the material from the other slab. This seems off to me. Since the point of the lamination is to mimic a thick piece of stone, it seems critical to have the lamination made from adjoining material. (But I digress. That's another thread.) Anyway, the point is that I have 2 jumbo slabs sitting in the fabricators and now we are considering ordering another slab, in standard size, so the island will have laminations that match. Will it be an issue that the jumbos were ordered a couple of months ago?

I like the look of this edge and thought it was standard.

Obviously I can call and talk to them on Monday but I wanted to get the low down from the Houzz experts. ;) Thoughts? Thanks for your help.

Comments (6)