SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nhp98

Cabinet maker suggestions - rift cut walnut, grain matched slab doors

Nina Patz
16 days ago
last modified: 16 days ago

I'm looking for help on which cabinet manufacturers to consider... I really like the clean, modern look of rift cut, grain matched oak cabinets that I've seen on Houzz. I want a warmer wood like walnut but with the rift cut finish and grain matching instead of the busy, piecey look of walnut. I found out that my cabinet person's recommendation was a brand that no one has heard of and has bad reviews plus I would be paying big bucks for a laminate finish over MDF. The other alternative I have is Omega Cabinets but apparently they don't do grain matching and possible not rift cut walnut.

Photo below - the inspiration for my kitchen cabinets...

So ....

1. I'm wondering if the modern while oak cabinets (rift cut, grain matched) I've been admiring are really laminate over MDF instead of real wood and it is indeed expensive? I feel conflicted about spending $$$ for something that isn't real wood.

2. Are there reputable, established companies that have a walnut option for European cabinet doors and do walnut - rift cut, grain matched European cabinets doors?

3. Omega Cabinets does in fact do grain matching and I'm just not aware of it.

Thanks so much!

Comments (9)