SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
port2015

Installing a Lawn on a Slope Revisited / Help Needed

port2015
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Central Massachusetts Zone 5b.

Original post approximately 2 months ago.

New Question:.

With the average soil temperature running in the upper 40's F and forsythia in bloom locally.

Can I apply seed and fertilize (Scott's Starter Fertilizer with Weed Control) , followed by the installation of an erosion control jute materiel "NOW", before more erosion takes place?

The manufacturer of the jute erosion material claim the product will secure a 2 : 1 slope.

https://sandbaggy.com/products/jute-netting?variant=49469784900&currency=USD&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google+shopping&utm_campaign=gs-2019-01-17&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign&gclid=CjwKCAjwssD0BRBIEiwA-JP5rBcVwZ8zIGe_9AhAI6DZURn8cql17rXZv1Rh0ZCoqPo-rPRpWTcqZBoC5iMQAvD_BwE

Please see parts of the Old Post below:

Link to entire post.

Installing a Lawn on a Slope / Help Needed

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/5852788/installing-a-lawn-on-a-slope-help-needed#n=14

I am going try to install a lawn on a slope.

I tried to grow the lawn twice but due to the steepness of the slope large culverts would form after heavy thunderstorms.

In an attempt to reduce the slope I had retaining walls built in late September, early October of 2019 and I missed the fall lawn installation season.

I have researched the alternative of installing sod. But the cost is approximately $3,000.

This would be my second choice because of the cost.

Based on the cost , I have decided to "try" install a lawn with seed. Emphases on the word "try."

To improve the changes of being successful have purchase a

Attached are pictures of the culverts that form following rain storms.

Side Yard with the steepest slope.

Showing walls that were built to try and reduce the steepness of the slope.

Any suggestions you have would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks

Comments (19)