SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tangerinedoor

COVID necessities: designing a disinfection station

tangerinedoor
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Since this task is new to pretty much everyone, I'm asking a hypothetical to generate ideas about what a COVID home disinfection station should look like. So we can share!

In the new reality, I have to disinfect my incoming packages (e.g. groceries, but also online orders) so I inadvertently don't track COVID particles into the house. I am the only one living here. No one else has been (allowed) in it for a month.

However, my house isn't really set up to disinfect groceries. I'm having to improvise a "station" right next to the front door with a bench stocked with disinfectant, paper towels, and kitchen gloves. Anything non-perishable gets quarantined for a few days in a laundry basket.

Yep, there's a chance for cross-contamination, even if I wash my hands before and after. I'm getting better at this, but not perfect. Maybe there isn't a perfect?

Here is what I'm talking about as far as disinfecting groceries:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKx-F4AKteE

How are y'all managing this process at your home's entrance door so you don't track virus into the house? What supplies do you have at the station? What do you wish you had? How do you lay it out? How are you minimizing cross-contamination? Would you have a purpose-designed de-contamination station if you could?

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths