SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
corey_low_green

Moulding/Wallpaper/Window Treatment Question

Corey Green
4 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and would love some advice! My husband and I just bought this lovely old home and it has a few quirks. Below is a photo of our master bedroom. My husband really wants to put the bed up against the left wall, in between the two windows.

BUT Do you see how the crown moulding doesn't continue all the way around the room? That kills me! I was thinking of wallpapering that whole wall with something patterned to blur our the different elevations in the wall.

The different elevations in the wall on the left are killing me, so I was thinking of adding a patterned wallpaper to blur that out a bit.

In light of that should I:

1. Wallpaper over partial the crown moulding that currently exists OR

2. Try and remove the partial crown moulding that exists and wallpaper to the ceiling OR

2. Try to get someone to continue the crown moulding around the room and wallpaper up to the crown moulding

Typically I love crown moulding but it seems to highlight the low ceilings in this room.

Also, what do I do with the window treatments? I can't stand the ones that currently exist. I was thinking brass french return rods with drapery, but don't know if there's enough room between the top of the window and the ceiling (or moulding if we continue it).

Thoughts!?

Thank you in advance for any advice!

Warmly,

Corey

Comments (7)