SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
piper101_gw

WALLPAPER experts,,,question about crown molding/tech. ???s

piper101
15 years ago

Hi All, I haven't posted in a while but I need your help. If I had time I'd post my link from a while ago for the paper I have etc.,,,but no time since I have bunco at my house on Thursday!! (I know,,procastination got me here)

Scenario,,,1/2 bath,,wallpaper: cream bkgrnd,,country french print in red(ish) that has swirls and flower boquets all in this red. I just love it up, looks great,,about to finish today!! I'm going with a red (matched) ceiling in beadboard due to having to cover that ugly box light that came out of ceiling to have the electrical into the wall above sink...I can always flip this on the reverse side and paint the matched cream before I install if I hate the red.

2 Questions: 1) Should the crown molding match the paint color on the ceiling or the cream that is painted on the cabinets, door/frame and base boards?

2) Technical question: I discovered in my prep work that there is a 2-3" space between window and corner that the dry wall will have to be replaced due to moisture etc. (We just ordered new windows, so I'm inclined to let that ride until they come out and we get into the sill etc.)

The Question part is,,,,,A) Should I wallpaper up to it, leaving couple inches on each side and CUT the piece from ceiling to counter before I paste it (so it's an exact match when I later put it up OR....B) Should I not cut it and just paste part of the paper that will be hung on the wall (adjacent wall that meets in the corner) and just fold it back, unpasted, until the wall problem is fixed then it will be pasted and stuck on the wall since the other rt side of paper is already on the wall and attached,,,can you picture this (if I had time I'd put up a photo)...??? (On the second option I thought maybe it would hide that little area temporarily),,,the wall problem on the drywall is just that top layer.

Help ASAP if you can...Thanks so much,,,Nicole

Comment