SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_37360622

Kitchen design ideas please!

User
4 years ago

Hello beautiful people, hope you're all doing well! Would love some advice on the kitchen. Was going for a modern/minimalist look but something feels unfinished. Maybe it's due to forgoing upper cabinets or backsplash or just an abundance of white empty walls? Should I add uppers or a backsplash? Or just add some art? We were initially going to remodel this house & rent it out... hence the basic appliances. But loved the house & decided to stay. So I'm definitely leaning toward getting new appliances now. Also, I really want to open-up the walls that are behind & to the left of the breakfast table & that is my plan (at least in the future) but the husband is hesitant...too expensive, load bearing walls, blah, blah. So in the meantime I'd like that area to look nice without a big investment since it's temporary (fingers crossed). I thought maybe some kind of shelving, coffee station, or floor to ceiling closed cabinets (though that would probably be more permanent). Or is taking down those walls the best idea? Is it worth the investment? Anyway, any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. What's missing? What's working? What's not working? Thank in advance!

Comments (49)