SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rlmeltz

Please help with designing our galley kitchen!! Designers help!

BATZ
4 years ago

I am planning on renovating my small kitchen and I need lots of design advice. We are replacing the cabinets, floor, countertop, sink, dishwasher, and backsplash. All appliances will stay in the original location b/c we are on a tight budget. From the pictures posted of my kitchen you can see the wall with the tiny pass through and the key hooks - we are knocking down that wall to open up the kitchen. (See last picture for 3D rendering) We are adding a cabinet under the Africa art to make up for the cabinets we are losing from knocking down the wall. I want to possibly extend the counter to add a barstool or two. I am stuck on colors of cabinets, floor and paint color. I have no clue what backsplash to use. I need lots of help! I wanted to do a two tone kitchen - Do you like the colors on the 3D rendering? I designed the kitchen on IKEA and might use Semihandmade doors but I don't love the color options. I have posted some pictures from the IKEA design tool for reference. We have a tight budget so custom cabinets are out of the question. The kitchen doesn't get much light, but hopefully once we knock down the wall it will be a bit brighter. White floors are out of the question!! I have white floors now and I hate them. The wall that has the chalkboard paint on it cannot be knocked down because it has a vent. That wall will have to be painted or have the backsplash or ....? The last picture is a 3D rendering of what the kitchen could look like (not sure if I want shaker cabinets). I would welcome color suggestions and any advice or pictures of kitchens you think I could replicate. Thanks so much! Any links to lighting/backsplash/colors/paint/pendant lights, etc!

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor