SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
libbybulleit

Help! New grout is too light on our wood tile. Can anything be done?

Libby Bulleit
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I’m so disappointed. We just had our Ashford Truewood Cream tile floors grouted with Mapei “Ivory” grout and it turned out WAY too light. The Floor and Decor sample of this tile was shown with the Mapei “Ivory” grout and it looked great, so I figured it was the right color. Our home’s color scheme is very light and coastal too, so I didn’t want to go too dark and this seemed the right choice.

For whatever reason, it looks like white grout in our house, and my white kitchen cabinets only seem to bring it out more. Was hoping to have a color that blended with the tile, so it looked more like actual wood. What can I do to make it darker?

We did our entire house in this tile - nearly 1600 square feet, so re-grouting is likely out of the question as I’m assuming it’s $$$. I see that Mapei makes a product , Grout Refresh, but it sounds like it’s more of a paint than a stain and I’m concerned that it would make it look worse. Any thoughts or advice? HELP! I’m so sad and its all I’m able to focus on when I walk into our newly remodeled house. 😞

Comments (4)