SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrsmortarmixer

Stools, lights, faucets and done. Help! (new pic)

mrsmortarmixer
10 years ago

A little over a year ago, Mr. MM decided to surprise me with a new kitchen with the help of some very nice people along the way. It is so much more than I could have ever wanted, but it's still not done, and Mr. MM would really like for me to pick out these last few things so we can move on to planning a new addition on the house WOOHOO! However, I am indecisive as ever, and it comes down to financial responsibility. Although Mr. MM says I'm just too cheap.

Right now, I have a Price Pfister Ashfield faucet in venetian bronze that is still functioning perfectly. I know they don't have a huge fan base, and I wouldn't have ever bought it if it wasn't so cheap, but I really like it and I really can't see myself getting rid of it to replace it with practically the same thing, just more expensive. With that being said, I feel like I should get another for the prep sink, because I'm not sure that the bronze from another company will match, and they are pretty close to one another. It might also be too big for a small prep sink. I'm really not sure how you would know. Is it worth it to spend the money on a cheaper, not so great faucet that matches, or would it be wiser to get something in close to the same finish/style in another more reliable brand? Even the more affordable Moens and Deltas have some pretty shaky reviews, so I'm not sure if spending an extra couple hundred dollars is worth it to not match in the end, and it might possibly drive me insane, I cannot be sure. I know for certain that dropping $500 on a single faucet is not happening. I don't even want to spend $300, but I have to be realistic here. I've been eyeballing some of the Chicago Faucets, but chrome is out of the question, and it appears that most, if not all, come in chrome only. If they don't, can someone please let me know.

Lights aren't really that big of a deal. I'm quite accustomed to the three dangling bare bulbs and have changed my mind so many times that I don't know if I'll ever find a light that I love that is within sane spending limits. In a brief moment of insanity, I was dead set on three of the globe pendants with wire mesh from Rejuvenation, as they have always been my favorite, but then I realized it would be insane to spend $1500 on three lights. If someone knows of a knock off, feel free to share, and I'll be done with the light shopping.

I would really like to find 3 counter stools, but there seems to be a shortage of stores that carry stools in stock to actually sit on. And I'm not sure what style my kitchen is, so I have no great starting point. I keep finding myself looking at the more industrial looking stools or the leather recliner looking stools. The industrial for the simplicity and the leather because they look so comfortable, but I feel they might be a bit hefty in size for a smallish kitchen. Almost all stools are either so cheap that I question if they would hold a toddler or $300+ each. Is there a decent, cheapish stool that is relatively comfortable? Here are a couple from my folders that I've been drawn to. I think both are in the $300 range. We eat meals in the dining room so long term sitting is not likely. Most likely used for getting little ones up closer to the action.

For those wanting a more recent picture, here it is after painting, but before trim and fillers started going in. If you squint really hard, you can see the walnut countertops and the plate rack over the sink, and all of the trim where it's supposed to be. If you don't see it, you'll have to look in the pantry where all of that stuff is sitting and waiting to be installed or re-installed. Colors look kind of blah in the picture, I don't think they are that bad IRL and I actually really like the wall color. It took a few days to get used to, but I'm glad I changed from the green.

Comments (20)