SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lorienrock

Advanced Home Security Recommendation

lorienrock
4 years ago

Hi there,

I would like some advice on building up the security on my home, externally. A few of my neighbours had intruders recently.

I currently have:

- Alarm

- Cameras

- Dog

- Electric Gate

I was thinking of adding a perimeter sensor. My camera sends me a push notification when someone activates the sensor on the camera, and I can speak out through the camera, however I'd like to be able to run a similar sensor and push notification system when someone breaks a perimeter, particularly at the bottom of our driveway and at the end of our garden.

A camera won't work as there are a lot of dogs, cats and foxes that come through our garden in the night, so i'd like something that is more focused and accurate - i.e - 1 metre off the ground in a straight line across the perimeter.

A - Perimeter Recommendation: can anyone recommend a good perimeter sensor (i'm not interested in a cheap AA battery powered system from Amazon... i'd like something that is powered, and maybe connected to internet, so that it can push notifications)?

B - Other Security Recommendation: can anyone recommend any other systems or measures to put in place?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments (6)