SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tmnca

troubleshooting Bosch dishwasher constantly clogging

Tmnca
4 years ago

Our Bosch Ascenta was installed by a contractor 2 years ago. It’s installed with a high loop correctly into the disposal, and we run afresh or lemishine through it regularly since we have hard water. We are currently using cascade complete platinum but have used finish tablets and seventh generation tablets with the same issues.

For the past year it has been aborting cycles and failing to drain on and off, and this happens more and more frequently as time goes on. The problem is always resolved when I bail out the standing water, clean the filter and sump area, pour baking soda and vinegar down the sump and shake the corrugated drain hose vigorously.... sometimes it takes several tries before I hear and see water drain into the disposal when I restart the dishwasher. This seems to happen every 4-8 times we run the dishwasher now despite the fact that we practically prewash the dishes now and there’s never any serious gunk in the filter.

I’m pretty sure it’s not the pump or sensors, but I’m wondering if the seals around the filter might be letting larger particles get into the drain pipe?

Before I call out the (very expensive) Bosch authorized repair person, are there common drainage or installation problems I can check for this dishwasher myself and what do I look for?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths