SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
need_help2

Bosch dishwasher not cleaning at all.

need_help2
11 years ago

Hi licensed plumbers, I am at my wit's end.

I posted my Bosch dishwasher issue at the appliance forum and was recommended to re-post here for expert advice. Here is the link with the pictures. Would you help take a look?
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/appl/msg041454395649.html?6

Here is the problem:
For the last 1.5 years, I've been struggling with my brand-new Bosch SHE55M1UC, bought from Sears along with a 5-year service plan. It doesn't clean well, doesn't drain or rinse well. Leaving dishes with grits or many with blue-ish streaks. I've bought water test kit (water is normal), fiddled with the rinse aid dials, checked water temperature or even ran the tap water until very hot before starting the dishwasher, cleaned the filters, asked Sears technician to check the spray arms, switched detergents, power or tablets, bought dishwasher cleaner to run empty cycles. checked water pressure from my tap in kitchen, and it seems fine. (I live in a condo with common water piping). This weekend I used small amount of Cascade power to wash my dishes, filled in just to the first line of the dispenser. I didn't load up with a lot of dishes either. I used the normal cycle, then one more wash with a cancel so that I could rinse and drain, then a quick cycle. The result was that I had to hand-wash and rinse about 1/2 of the dishes! I then ran another 3 cycles with cancel. To my astonishment, the dishwasher was still full of SOAP! Please see the attached photo after 6 cycles!
What should I do?
This picture shows where to air gap is connected. It has a up side down folk, with the top connected to airgap, one small branch connected to the white drain from the dishwasher, and the bigger branch connected to the black tube the the garbage disposal. It's install by Sears.

Comments (42)