Do You Remember When You Got Your First Typewriter?
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (31)
Related Discussions
Do you remember your first kiss?
Comments (26)Okay, I wasn't going to do this thread, but oh well. I don't count "spin the bottle" or any of that. The first one I remember, that sent me over the moon, was from a boy named Dean. We met at the movie theater. He was a friend of someone I knew, and we were all going to the movies. I was 12; he was 13. He went to some private military academy. He kissed like he was born to it. I felt like I was melting in his arms. He invited me to his school's cotillion ball. I got all dressed up; he was in uniform. His mom drove. I won the centerpiece, and got kissed again at the dance. He was not particularly handsome, but oh so charming. And 40 years later I still remember his kisses....See MoreDo you remember the first time you landed on this Forum?
Comments (37)Like Zeffy, I hated the puter. I was living with my ex who had one. We ended up getting internet, I had a Hydrangea that wouldn't bloom and some how ended up on one of the gardening forums. I wasn't allowed to garden with him, I used to sneak roses into the garden. He used to be so mean that he'd have to dig up the part of garden where I had a few roses. I had a Gene Boerner; went to my dad's with the kids one day, came home & it was destroyed. No clue what he did to it. Ended up having him removed, started coming to rose forum.. that was back before user names. Think the name I used was SBA@NJBell. At one time there were a lot of us named Sue on the regular rose forum, we used to sign our name OOTO (one of the other) Sues. At some point GW started growing, we had to make user names. I remember how ticked off some of us were lol I wanted something original, took me days to think of Rose Lover - and making it into Roselvr. Been through a lot here. Many people coming & going, some of free will some to "Disney". I've been "Spiked" many times. I used to hate waking up knowing either I'd be Spiked or Disney'd. There was a time when saying the name Veldfire would send your post to Disney, or you to Disney. A lot of people left to go to his forum. Although he was banned, he was able to hide his IP and get here to read. lol GW lost a lot of people to his forum. A lot stayed there, never returning. I've seen vendor's and hybridizers that have come here and given their time, banned because someone didn't like something that was said. We've lost a lot of great people. Before Veldfire there was another forum on Delphi, haven't been there in years, we lost a lot of good people there too. It was one hybridizer who started it I think.. We also had a guy named Sharif from Bangladesh who used to post other people's pictures. I think Anne got him banned one day, she finally proved he was stealing people's pictures & posting as his own. I'd already been "Spiked" a few times due to him, almost banned. We lost Rosesense back then. I met GW members. Cindy Tx, met her in New Orleans. Sue Belle; Helen FL, Karl; who saved our butts in New Orleans when my hubby left the travelers checks in a restaurant. Karl was able to tell them who it belonged to. Baldo, Anne, The gal who writes the column for New Orleans; her name escapes me right now. I've met a lot of nice NJ people Anyone remember Kang?...See MoreRemember when you emptied your kitchen to remodel?
Comments (5)Gibby - I thought I was the only one with that problem. Anyone need 100+ unused rolls of wallpaper? (But Hon, they were on sale) 30 to 40 extra lampshades. (Never know when you'll need one) Over one ton (estimated) of rocks. Yes, rocks. How many unused picture frames do you need? Three or four dozen? As you may imagine DW is a 'collector' and is loathe to throw anything out. Most of this stuff is in my barn/workshop so it really isn't in the way but wow, I'd really like to clean it out someday. I guess she comes by it honestly. After DW's grandma died and we were cleaning out the place, I counted over 200 empty plastic hanging flower baskets neatly stacked in one of the sheds. LOL on the typed college papers! My 11 year old asked me what a typewriter was and how it worked. I found an antique manual typewriter at a thrift shop and got it for him for Christmas. He was astounded - He figures I went to college during the time the dinosaurs roamed the earth....See MoreDo You Remember Your First Day of School?
Comments (28)I'm not sure it was my first day of school but it was definitely one of the first days of kindergarten. My cousin has just moved to my town and we were fast friends. We ruled the kindergarten classroom because we were the only ones that knew someone. Our mom's had to have the teachers put us in different classrooms after kindergarten because we wouldn't let anyone else play with us and we were very bossy. I'm not sure my mom did the right thing on that one. Both of us were very shy after that and didn't make friends easily until much later in school. My DH remembers his first days vividly. His mom walked him and his twin brother to school and they both followed her back home. They didn't want to stay there. This went on for several days and she'd walk them both back to school only to get home and find them back at home. Finally one day when they showed up yet again at home, she put them outside (it was a cold day) and wouldn't let them back in. They finally got cold and walked to school and stayed the rest of the time. I think that is the funniest thing ever. I can just imagine getting home after taking the little rascals to school only to find that they'd beat her home. Today they'd probably call social services or something....See More
Related Stories

MOST POPULARFirst Things First: How to Prioritize Home Projects
What to do when you’re contemplating home improvements after a move and you don't know where to begin
Full Story
CONTRACTOR TIPSBuilding Permits: When a Permit Is Required and When It's Not
In this article, the first in a series exploring permit processes and requirements, learn why and when you might need one
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGGot a Disastrously Messy Area? Try Triage
Get your priorities straight when it comes to housekeeping by applying an emergency response system
Full Story
MOVINGYour First Home: Beautiful Basics and Multitaskers for Every Room
Here’s what to choose and what to avoid when outfitting a new house
Full Story
YOUR FIRST HOUSE10 Things to Consider When Renovating a Condo
Take these steps to ensure that your project runs smoothly and you get the most for your money
Full Story
KITCHEN WORKBOOKWhen to Pick Kitchen Fixtures and Finishes
Is it faucets first and sinks second, or should cabinets lead the way? Here is a timeline for your kitchen remodel
Full Story
KIDS’ SPACESA Place of His Own: Boy's First Bedroom
Colorful, creative, themed or not, boys' bedrooms like these encourage happy times
Full Story
MOST POPULAROrganizing? Don’t Forget the Essential First Step
Simplify the process of getting your home in order by taking it one step at a time. Here’s how to get on the right path
Full Story
LATEST NEWS FOR PROFESSIONALSGot Masks? Here’s How You Can Help During the Coronavirus Crisis
If you have N95 masks and other protective items needed by medical professionals, you can help by donating your extras
Full Story
LIFEYour First-Aid, Emergency and Medical Supply Checklist
Don’t wait until you need them to stock your first-aid kit and emergency stash. Here’s what to get and where to keep it
Full StorySponsored
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations
Alisande