SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nutsaboutplants

Which GW members do you remember and what do you remember them for?

nutsaboutplants
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

The recent post about Judithva got me thinking about which posters on this forum I usually remember for some distinguishing quality or gift. Here are the ones that I can think of, in no particular order. What are yours?

1. My3dogs for her sumptuous layering; her extraordinary gift for identifying the potential in a worn down piece; her DIY skills and determination in bringing her vision to life; and her serendipity in finding treasures at ridiculously low prices.

2. Cliffandjoan for her creativity and talent in making things, from furniture to stained glass pieces that are sheer works of art; the sweetness that comes across in the way she and her DH collaborate on all those projects.

3. Les917 (if I recall the name correctly; she's been absent for a while, though I've wondered if Tibbrix is her new name) for her sense or scale and proportions; for her freakish, frightening, savant-like gift for spatial arrangement of things, be it furniture or accessories.

4. Judithva for her vignettes that I can gaze at for ever; vignettes that are like a miniature universe that you can lose yourself in.

5. lynninnm for her skillful and pleasing combination of the traditional and the southwestern and the majesty of the views of the surrounding region from her house.

6. Sochi for the brilliant simplicity of her design and material choices, for achieving a serene and beautiful feel with things that could easily look stark and cold in someone else's hands.

7. Chijim for the relentless pursuit of the heavily layered, luxuriant splendor.

8. Punamytsike's fabulous, grand concrete projects and her tiles and other creations of a great variety. I don't see her posts anymore, but her talent is just amazing.

And So many more with great gifts and excellent taste. Don't mean to leave out others. Please share your list of GW members you readily recall and what you remember them for.

Comments (39)