SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_wolslegel

Textured patterned carpet mixed with plush?

Jennifer Wolslegel
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

We have a 3000 sq foot house, and of that, the family room, formal living room, stairs, and entire upstairs (hall, 3 bedrooms, large bonus room) is carpet (rest is hardwood). All the carpet needs to be replaced and adding in more hardwood is not an option. The new stuff would have to be spliced into the old and then all of it refinished, and we aren't staying here long enough to justify that cost, not to mention the comps in our neighborhood already don't support our home value so anything we do, even the dirt cheapest carpet, is losing money. So carpet replacement throughout it is. I love the look of a subtle, neutral textured pattern, but wouldn't that be too much for an entire house? Can I just put it in some rooms? Which? Master closet and bonus room only? Wouldn't it hold up better on stairs though, in which case I'd have to continue it down the upstairs hall too, right? Our bonus room is about 21' x 23' with a door at the end of the hallway so I do have some play in there since it's closed off - like a very large bedroom. Should I just put it in there only? Or do I put laminate or LVP in there because buyers want as little carpet as possible and our house is already on carpet overload? Or would that look too gym-like? Or is my only good option playing it safe replacing with another plush (or a frieze) carpet throughout the whole house? I need help! Thanks in advance!

Comments (9)