SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
swagner2468

Replacing all Floors with LVP and Carpet - Please Help!

Tammy
6 years ago

We have been updating our house little by little over the past few years and I have spent hours on the Houzz forums trying to research different products, designs and ideas. I feel like now I am spinning my wheels with flooring because I have made so many decisions and I can't seem to make a flooring one!

We currently have 20 year old light carpet through out most of our house, with the exception of hardwood floors in the kitchen and sheet vinyl in the bathroom/laundry room. I love look of hardwood unfortunately, living with an ill-behaved pet and really bad feet won't allow me to do that. So here is my plan:

1. Plush carpet on our 2nd story (bedrooms, office, hallway) - Flooring store recommended Mohawk Smartstrand

2. Plush carpet on the stairs (???)

3. Glue down professionally installed LVP on main floor (One mom and pop flooring shop sells Armstrong and Tarkett, but said they liked Novalis the best and I had never heard of that company)

My issue is I can't decide what brand to go with. I feel like I can't move forward because there are so many wildly conflicting ideas/experiences and it is not cheap. Help!

Comments (7)