SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thornworn

Big changes at Chamblee's Nursery...for the good!

Moses, Pittsburgh, W. PA., zone 5/6, USA
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Under new ownership and located now in Winona, TX, many changes are underway at Chamblee's, according to Christa, who I spoke to just this week. She seems to be young and very positive sounding, going by her voice. I hope so. I don't want another soon to retire rose nursery owner to do so before I die. I'm getting too old to adapt. Never thought Pickering would fold. I miss them.

Here's what I recollect from our conversation. Check and verify with Chamblee's yourself in cases I got something wrong:

1. Many new roses are lined up for inclusion in their 2020 offerings, including: Ring of Fire, Bliss, Dee-Lish, Olympian, & Mr. Lincoln. Look for the web site to be updated by mid-February....or give Christa a call at 903-872-5153, to get more info.

2. Grafted roses (NEW), will be sold in three (3), gallon pots only.

3. Own root roses:

one (1), gallon pot size, $21.95, as in the past, and NEW three (3) gallon pot size, $42.95, roses will now be available.

4. All mail order sales of roses equalling a minimum of $100.00, will be mailed postage free. That includes 1 gallon and 3 gallon size.

5. Currently out of stock roses should be back in stock and ready for purchase by mid-February.

I think that's everything that's new. What do you think? Is Chamblee's Nursery a rising star? I think so. There's no standing still in business. You're either getting bigger or getting smaller.

Moses

Comments (30)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022