Do you have a favorite pair?

glenda_al

Earrings that you wear most days?

I've had these for years and part of my daily wardrobe.

So light, comfortable. First thing I put on in the mornings when getting dressed.

SaveComment34Like
Comments (34)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
littlebug zone 5 Missouri

I wear silver hoops, too. I have probably 5-6 different pairs of silver hoops. Versatile and attractive.

Save    
georgysmom2

I have so many pairs of earrings......silver, gold, and everything in between. Except for a few, they're all my favorite. :-))))

Save    
Elizabeth

I wear diamond studs every day. I only remove them for cleaning.

1 Like Save    
Kathsgrdn

Sea turtles from Hawaii. When I do wear earrings, even though I have other pairs, I always wear these.

Save    
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I have quite a few pairs I like. I lost all of jewelry when my jewelry boxes were disposed of after Harvey. I wear these daily at home and I sleep in them. I have a problem with my holes closing which is why I use these.

They are thick and help train my ear holes to stay open. If I go a week without them in the holes start to close.

Save    
aok27502

I have a pair of tiny silver studs that have been in my ears for ages. I have other earrings but I just never change them out. I will probably dig out my Christmas earrings for the holidays, but the silver studs will go back in.

Save    
Marilyn_Sue

I have a lot of earrings but seldom wear any. I do not have pierced ears.

Sue

Save    
joann_fl

Never wear them

Save    
ritaweeda

Yes I have a pair of silver hoops, not too small and not too big, and they are light and comfortable to sleep on. I just hate it when I have to put them back in because they are so hard to do - they wire goes into the end of the other side and I have such a hard time lining it up just right and shoving it in.

Save    
Martha Scott

My pearl studs. When I lose one, I get another pair so I have a whole bunch of singles and they're never the same size so I could just find two alike -- LOL! Basically the only earrings I wear!

Save    
terilyn

I have so many beautiful earrings, all of a sudden I can’t wear any of them. My ears turn red and painful

Save    
Chi

I have lots of pretty earrings but can't wear them. I don't think my piercings as a child were done well as I can get the earring in one end but not the other. It takes about 30 minutes to ease the earring through and it's painful. And then my ears get red and sore pretty quickly unless i'm wearing gold.

Save    
marylmi

I wear my white gold hoops every day. Have a couple different sizes but I like the medium-large ones the best.

Save    
gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)

I have tons of earrings.......but I seldom wear them anymore. Only if I get somewhat dressed up :-) I don't really feel the need to put them on if I am just at home for the day and I can't leave them in indefinitely anymore, even gold studs. But I do tend to go to one pair maybe 85% of the time. I purchased them at an art fair and they are nacre with a tiny amethyst attached to the bottom. Very simple and classy looking.

My favorite pair were unfortunately lost in a burglary. A lot of sentimental value. They were diamond solitaire studs I had made from my grandmother's engagement ring that she left to me. The ring setting was too old fashioned for me and I knew I would wear the earrings daily. And I did......almost all the time. Why I chose that particular day not to wear them, who knows! I even had them made with screw backs so less chance of them coming loose and falling out. And then some wretched burglar walks off with them...........

Just noticed the last few posts about the developing sensitivities of pierced ears over time. Sounds like it is a bit of an age thing..........I never used to have that problem when I was younger :-)

Save    
Chi

Just noticed the last few posts about the developing sensitivities of pierced ears over time. Sounds like it is a bit of an age thing

It started happening for me in my 20's (30's now) where I'd put some in to go out with friends and on the way home I had to take them out because my ears were so inflamed. Maybe I have an allergy to the metals. I wore gold studs as a kid I think.

Save    
chisue

Some of mine were 'burgled'. I tend to wear a pair of small 18k love knots daily -- or a pair of good pearl earrings. The burglar got the the gold and diamond studs for which I had my ears pierced in my thirties.

Save    
marylmi

The only thing I can wear is gold. Anything else and my ears get red and infected. Same for a necklace or rings. The itching starts and skin gets red. I have tried to wear the hypoallergenic ones but if I wear them long enough they start to bother me. The gold I can leave in day in and day out with no problem. There is surgical steel too but I stick with the gold.

1 Like Save    
patriciae_gw

With gold, since it is not pure gold which is too soft, it will be what is mixed in-often nickel. Surgical steel is usually tolerated by the sensitive. It isn't unusual to develop metal sensitivity.

First I have to explain that my mother forced me to get my ears pierced-very much against my will. It was done by the chief surgeon at a hospital on a base overseas and he wasn't happy about it, never done it before and one of my ears is more or less botched-doesn't align properly. I did not wear earring for years after I left home and my ears never did close up. I wear them occasionally and have a pair of dangly frogs that I favor. No, I think my blueberries are my fav's

Have you ever thought what a weird thing it is to put holes in your body so you can hang shinny metallic and stone things off of it? (ducking)

Save    
DawnInCal

I have favorites, but my favorites change regularly, probably because I have so many earrings and I wear them all depending on my mood, the seasons, the event/occasion and the color I'm wearing. Sometimes, I put together an outfit around a pair of earrings.

Not only do I make earrings for myself, but whenever we travel, I'll buy a pair from wherever we find ourselves when traveling. One of my favorites is a pair of studs I bought at a street fair in Amsterdam. Earrings are great mementos of our trips as they are small and lightweight which makes them easy to pack. Unlike knick knacks which take up space and need to be dusted, earrings take up very little storage space. Every time I wear a pair of souvenir earrings, it takes me back to the place where I purchased them.

I'm very fortunate in that I've never had metal allergies. I can wear gold, sterling, surgical steel, copper and brass with no problems. I wear earrings nearly every day whether or not I'm going out or staying in.

1 Like Save    
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

All I can wear is titanium or surgical stainless steel. No Gold, or other metals. But I have had a problem with that my whole life. Mine close up if I don't keep something in them. Increasing the size of the hole has helped a lot. But they don't look any bigger with regular wires in them.

Save    
phyllis__mn

I can wear sterling and some gold, but others make my ears red and itchy.

Save    
girlnamedgalez8a

I too can only wear gold. I have a pair of hoops much like the ones that are in the first picture. Mine are a combo of white & yellow gold twisted together to make the hoops. I never take them off, have been wearing them for around 10 years.

Save    
Elizabeth

I have had trouble with anything other than white gold. I used to wear yellow gold now and then with minor irritation.

Save    
Bookwoman

I don't have pierced ears, so I wear a lot of vintage Monet clip earrings which I find on eBay and Etsy. They're not expensive, and I enjoy using different ones to go with different outfits. My favorites change all the time.

Save    
morz8

I don't have that many earrings, and I've gotten lazy with them. I have a pair of small 18K squared off hoops with small diamonds down the front surface that I wear every day. Sleeping in them. I take them out and clean them the day I go to have my hair cut and colored, leaving them here (about every 7 weeks). I've had a sensitivity to anything but white or yellow gold or platinum ever since having my ears pierced as a teen. No costume jewelry earrings all these years.

Save    
crazybrunette64

I have 2 holes in each ear, so my diamond studs (courtesy of my former MIL) go in the top holes - they are my favorite. The bottom holes rotate regularly, but typically something silver. I don't do heavy earrings any more - they give me a headache.

Save    
OklaMoni

Those that met me, know, I wear two different ear rings most time. A piece of bike chain on the right, and a bike with a rider on it on the left.

My favorite pair! LOL

Moni

1 Like Save    
lgmd_gaz

I have a lot of earrings. Most that I wear are either birds or animals. Hummingbirds, robins, penguins, eagles, bears, elephants, sloths, koalas, etc. But most often I wear Snoopy, the Beagle from Peanuts. They belonged to my daughter, she loved Snoopy and collected a lot of Snoopy memorabilia. When she passed away, her husband gave me the earrings.

My Mother was the ear piercing lady in the small coal mining town where I grew up. She pierced hundreds of ears for ladies for miles around. The local doctor sent customers to her because he wouldn't do it. That was at a time when string was commonly used in the hole to keep it open till it healed. Mom would not agree to anyone using the string method. She insisted that the customer bring with them good quality gold wires. The kind used yet today for earrings that hang. She put them in after the needle piercing and instructed the wearer to clean with alcohol and move the wires back an forth in the ear at least 4 times a day till healed..... three weeks at least. She never charged anyone for doing it.

1 Like Save    
OutsidePlaying

A pair of silver John Hardy bamboo hoops I have had for many years are my usual earrings. I have a pair of diamond in-and-out hoops and a pair of diamond studs I also wear on occasion but the silver hoops are my daily favorite.

Save    
Alisande

I've enjoyed reading this thread as I'm a latecomer to earrings. That is, my ears were pierced as a teenager and I wore earrings a lot for some years, but after we moved to the country (I was about 30) my lifestyle became very casual and I wore earrings only occasionally. More like rarely.

But this summer I inherited a lot of earrings, many of them so interesting and attractive that I had my hair cut shorter to show them off. Quite a few are from the southwest--silver with natural stones. At my age I discovered for the first time how flattering dangle (I say "drop") earrings can be.

I'm surprised to see so many of you share my problems with sensitivity and holes closing. My whole life I've dipped the ends in either Neosporin or Vit. E to prevent reactions. This also helps the earrings slide in more easily, but unfortunately it probably helps them slide out too. I lost one of a nice pair recently, and after that I ordered a bunch of the little silicone backs to slide on the hooks ($2.79 for 200 on eBay). For months I had to leave earrings in all the time or the holes would close. I'm finally at the point now where I can leave them out at night.

I guess the ones I wear most often are a Native American bear design in silver, and also silver hoops with a dangling turquoise. But I find myself looking for occasions to wear many others. This is good, because I need to get out more, especially in winter.

You'd think since I now have so many earrings that I haven't worn them all yet (and I'm selling some), that would be more than enough. But I also discovered that a little sparkle can be flattering too. I found an eBay seller who makes dangle earrings out of Swarovski crystals, and they're lovely. I bought two pair for myself and liked them so much that I special-ordered more with titanium hooks for my daughter-in-law, who is super-sensitive to metals.

Save    
rob333 (zone 7a)

I'm addicted to jewelry. I have hundreds of items. All costume, all for fun, all about color. I do have a decided earring "type". Chandelier, and either look like purply pink grapes, or more often, dark blue. I call the blue ones my gypsy earrings. I have no idea why I think all blue chandelier earrings are gypsy earrings? I'm strange like that.

Actually, I did have a favorite pair. The look like a upside-down peacock, loads of silver, blue and green. I wore them to Chicago when I met Cooking forum Annie. We walked all over that town and I lost one of the earrings along the way. I was so sad!!! Loved them. I kept the one and recently changed it into a pendant. I wish I could find a replacement pair.

Save    
nicole___

I relate to marylmi. The underside of watches(stainless steel) bothered me, I broke out in little itchy bumps/hives until I got the Fitbit. It's plastic. My hoops have a flip back, not a push back....they stay on better if they get bumped. So......those get worn the most! My favorites, for looking expensive, IMO, are the pearls.

Save    
phoggie

With my hand tremor, my earring wearing is at a minimum...but my small gold hoops are the easiest for me to get in.

Save    
katrina_ellen

I don't like jewelry, I don't like how it feels on.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Living Rooms Room of the Day: As Comfy As a Favorite Pair of Jeans
Faded colors and celestial light give a Florida family room a sun-washed allure
Full Story
Color Favorite Color Combinations: Turquoise and Red
Give your interiors added brilliance and fun with this bright color pairing in your accessories and design
Full Story
Remodeling Guides 5 Favorite Granites for Gorgeous Kitchen Countertops
See granite types from white to black in action, and learn which cabinet finishes and fixture materials pair best with each
Full Story