Anyone still working on them?

amylou321

Thanksgiving leftovers.

I am. I didn't take anything other than my pie. My mom always makes me a whole pumpkin pie and provides a tub of cool whip to go with it. I suppose that counts as leftovers I still have a couple slices left. I have been eating it for breakfast and sometimes dinner. I love it. I did not want any of the regular food. I feel like it would have sat in the fridge for a week until i just gave it to the dogs, even though it was good. I am generally not a fan of leftovers. There are a few dishes that i like and will eat leftover, but Thanksgiving fare is not one of them.

My sister took all the leftovers, except my pie. She said they were gone the next day.

SaveComment30Like
Comments (30)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
phoggie

I have about one meal of leftovers left and I am done with the rest...I have had enough of Thanksgiving food for this year!

1 Like Save     Thanked by amylou321
Chi

Yep, we still have enough for another day or two.

Save     Thanked by amylou321
sephia_wa

Yum, pie for breakfast. I've been known to do that. ;>)

dedtired

I swear this stuff would last another week. I have loads of turkey left and a couple slices of pie. My sons dog and cats will be eating well. Not the pie. I’ll eat that!

Judy Good

Sure are, most should be gone tomorrow. Bringing a couple of plates to friends tomorrow.

I would not like to see it go to waste.

cooper8828

We're down to mashed potatoes only, so I'm making potato pancakes tonight.

schoolhouse_gwagain

I love potato pancakes. How do you fix yours? I just take leftover msh.potatoes, form into patties like a hamburger, dip in egg, then fry. I don't use any flour.

gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)

Just got a leftover refill from my sister today. I had some to take home that night that I enjoyed the next day but she had way more than she could finish herself, so after her daughter and I helped her decorate her tree this afternoon, we both took home doggie bags! I am looking forward to dinner tonight.....turkey and the trimmings is my absolute favorite meal!

cooper8828

schoolhouse, I add flour, egg, baking powder and usually onion powder. I always fry them in a cast iron pan so they're extra crispy. :)

nickel_kg

All that's left is two or three servings of turkey soup, two containers of turkey stock, and one small container of turkey gravy. For once we didn't overdo the side dishes!

Fun2BHere

Since I was traveling, I only took enough turkey and fresh whole cranberry compote to make one more sandwich. I had a small cooler sack with an ice block, so I didn't have room for more. I just finished the sandwich about an hour ago. Yum!

Lindsey_CA

We'll have our last full meal of leftovers tonight, but there will still be enough turkey breast for sandwiches for a couple of days.

terilyn

We went to a friends house, they didn’t offer any leftovers to take home. I missed that turkey sandwich the next day! Last time we will go anywhere for the holiday! I always send everyone home with leftovers if they want them!

glenda_al

In the freezer

Chi

That's a shame, Terilyn. Our guests always come with their own Tupperware!

nicole___

Oh yeah......lots of leftovers....In the freezer. I made a turkey sandwich for DH's lunch tomorrow. I'll make a key lime cheesecake for dessert...... since we've run out of pecan pie already. :0)

DawnInCal

We had two full meals from our leftovers on Friday and Saturday. Yesterday, I broke down the carcass and made broth. The broth and the thigh/leg meat is going to be made into chicken/corn chowder. The breast meat (I was surprised how much there was on a five pound chicken) is in the freezer. In a couple of weeks, it will be turned into enchiladas.

In the morning, I'm going to make potato pancakes out of the rest of the mashed potatoes. There is a little bit of stuffing left and I'm enjoying snacking on that during the day. We still have blackberry cobbler; hubby and I are working as a team on it.

marilyn_c

Had turkey and dressing for two days...and then the dressing was gone, so I cut the turkey up real small and fed it to the cats. I don't consider it a waste...they enjoyed it. I am not big on left overs. I will keep food one day, rarely two, and out it goes. Otherwise it gets pushed to the back of the fridge, forgotten, and grows whiskers.

amylou321

I never consider scraps I give to animals a waste. Something ate it! I cleaned my fridge out today. The dogs got some bits and pieces of a few things. And there was some leftover tuna salad that I made for SO. I put that in the bowl for the feral cats and whatever else wanders through. Better than throwing it out or letting it rot until it's not good for anything.

1 Like Save    
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

You peeps have no imagination! There are so many good meals to be made with leftover turkey! I'm a big fan of potato pancakes, too, made with an egg, finely minced onion, a bit of flour to the batter, and a pinch of fresh nutmeg.

HERE'S a website with many simple recipes using that leftover turkey.

By all means, toss the sweet potato casserole!

seagrass_gw

My MIL used to make the best turkey salad after Thanksgiving using an old-fashioned manual meat grinder. She'd grind the cooked turkey and some sweet pickle and bind them together with mayo. Made great sandwiches.

rob333 (zone 7a)

Getting close! I'll make turkey soup tomorrow evening and I just looked up how to freeze mashed potatoes. Well, there is dressing left. I can't bring myself to toss it. Maybe one more bite.

glenda_al

My sweet potato casserole was the bestest ever! Included mini marshmallows which grandson had the pleasure of adding. :o)

morz8

We didn't eat here but came home with some turkey and some rib roast. We had sandwiches last night and there is still a little left....along with some plum pudding that DH has been eyeing suspiciously and has not really wanted to try. (my brothers MIL, 93 later this month, flew up for the holiday and wanted to make plum pudding with lemon sauce. Quite good!).

We didn't eat any of the leftovers today and I probably won't keep the bit that's left any longer. We had our first Christmas party of the season. The nieces wanted to recreate our 'old Christmases'. We were 50+ for lunch. The food was good, they had decorated, made centerpieces, had Santa there like we used to, and a memory board with Christmas snapshots going back more than 40 years. They proved they could do it, maybe we've passed the baton ;0)

2 Likes Save     Thanked by amylou321
Marilyn_Sue

About all that is left here is some gravy, cranberry sauce and a couple pieces of pumpkin pie. I have heard that you can make a great sweet potato cake using the leftover sweet potatoes. I have never tried it. I had very little ham or turkey that I brought home with me.

Sue

OutsidePlaying

No, not much. Some mashed potatoes that are DH’s to eat and my brother left me some cranberry relish and I am the only one eating it so there is a small bit left.

rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

Seagrass, I'll bet that ground turkey does make a good sandwich! I have an old fashioned meat grinder and use it for ham and roast beef but never thought to use it for turkey.

LoneJack Zn 6a, KC

We have enough turkey. mashed potatoes, and gravy left for a couple more hot turkey sandwiches. I made 3 - 9" turkey pot pies yesterday that used up about 8 cups of shredded turkey and a few bags of frozen garden veggies. We ate most of one of them for dinner and I took one over to a friend who's wife had a double knee replacement last Monday. The other one was cut into quarters and frozen for lunches at work.

DawnInCal

I dunno, rhizo. I thought making chicken/corn chowder with roasted poblano peppers was quite a step up from chicken noodle soup. And, I got really creative with my potato pancakes this morning by adding leftover stuffing to the mix. My cakes have a nice sagey flavor now! :-)

joann_fl

I still have some leftovers, I'll be happy when they are gone!

Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decorating Guides 4 Classic Decorating Themes — and How to Work Them Just Right
Sail into nautical territory and more without hitting the land of overdone, with these decorating ideas that steer for subtlety
Full Story
Home Offices 10 Ways to Work Your Work Space
The dining room, kitchen or closet can all become your dedicated home office
Full Story