SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peytonrose1015

Area rug ideas please for these fabrics in living room

ILoveRed
4 years ago

i’m looking for area rug ideas for a room that is the main living room of our new house..tv is watched here, grandkids play here, etc. I think want something that is not extremely light in color and will wear well. I was thinking wool?? Am I on the right track? I thought about having a custom rug made from carpet ...cut and edged. I need a fairly large rug. Furniture is ordered but won’t be here for several weeks. Floor is a medium brown hardwood and house is traditional. New home...one year old just getting around to buying furniture for a couple of areas that need work. This room is open to a neutral kitchen.

two recliners in the plaid (I know everyone hates recliners but we are in our 60s and are trying to balance comfort and a decent looking room), a sofa, and two chairs with ottomans....all in the tan color. Walls are SW Accessible Beige. Designer at Ethan Allen suggested a rug that I really disliked. Too light and blah...DH like it though so maybe I’m wrong. Can I do a patterned rug or is that just goofy? Thank you...

Comment (1)