Smacking my lips! Must be 20 years since I had one!

glenda_al

Krispy Kreme glazed donut.

Today was the day and the timing was just right.

Told attendant I hadn't had one in 20 years and she told me they were coming off the belt and will be warm and fresh!

Yep and the one donut did not last long! DELICIOUS!

SaveComment34Like6
Comments (34)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
terilyn

Love them! Haven’t had one in years!

1 Like Save    
ritaweeda

Oh, Yeah! And the only way to eat one is fresh and warm from the shop. I remember those things way back when I was just a kid. Dad would stop in for coffee and let us sit on those chairs that turned around and around at the counter. (He would sit far away at a table so no-one would associate him with us.) LOL!

2 Likes Save    
glenda_al

Fresh and warm! Only way to have one!

2 Likes Save    
OutsidePlaying

The ‘hot light’ was on! Remember that, Glenda? I’m glad you enjoyed your warm Krispy Kreme. When I first shared an apartment here with a girlfriend, we would go to the first KK here and get us one on Saturday morning as a treat. It wasn't far from our apartment.

1 Like Save    
Jasdip

Ours closed in Ontario They did well in the beginning then petered off. I tried a bite of one, far too sweet for my taste!

3 Likes Save    
stacey_mb

Unlike Jasdip, there is no Krispy Kreme in our part of Canada. So I have never tasted one.

Save    
sheilajoyce_gw

They are rather small donuts too.

Save    
amylou321

Oh man! I could NEVER go that long without a Krispy Kreme! In fact, I have a dozen in the freezer. Heat it up for 15 to 20 seconds and it tastes just fresh and oh so good! Perfect way to start or end (or both) my cheat days!

I admit thought that i am partial to their filled ones. Chocolate or Kreme filled. And they just came out with "pie" ones. Cherry, chocolate Creme and Dutch Apple. They will be there until Thanksgiving. I am trying to stay away but KNOW I will be trying them!

1 Like Save    
glenda_al

One is enough for me and it will be a while before another, may not so long.

Today, the warm one just melted in my mouth.

Like Krispy Kreme better than Dunkin Donuts.

Save    
Jasdip

Stacey, we had them years ago, but they went out of business long ago.

Save    
bpath Oh Sophie

We didn’t have KK here when I was growing up, not till about 20 years ago. It was a big deal when they came to our area, and awhile before they were close enough to us to try them. I have to say, my favorite donut ever is a plain cake donut, I want no glaze, no filling, no flavors. Just donut. So for me, KK was a non-starter. But, we do now have a couple of cute baker’s caps from the store in our costume box.

1 Like Save    
yeonassky

They are located in Delta BC. It is a favourite of my nephew's who is from Alberta. Glad you enjoyed yours Glenda :-). Very glad you are over your illness and can enjoy things in general!

1 Like Save    
Fun2BHere

Glad you enjoyed yours. To me, they could never compare to a freshly fried yeast donut.

1 Like Save    
lindaohnowga

You are making my mouth water. LOL I'm so glad you enjoyed your nice warm doughnut.

1 Like Save    
bengardening

I remember when before they came out in stores and convenience stores. In the fall there was a street fair in Bismarck ND. Someone brought them in from out of town. It was one of the high schools cheerleaders that sold them for a fund raiser. There were people lined up for blocks to get them. I can't imagine how many then sold and they sold out. Personally I don't care for them.

2 Likes Save    
PattiG(rose)

Just had one-half of a glazed Krispy Kreme today. It wasn't warm, but it was still good.

1 Like Save    
glenda_al

Just love the way a warm one just melts in your mouth!

1 Like Save    
gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)

@bengardening, I am right there with you! I think they are awful and horribly greasy. I remember when the first KK came to our area and all the hoopla involved, long lines, etc. When we finally went to try 'em out and taste this big deal, I couldn't even finish it!!

I much prefer those offered by a local "gourmet" donut shop, Top Pot.

1 Like Save    
Suzieque

I, personally, think they are far too sweet, but I’m happy that you got to enjoy one, Glenda

2 Likes Save    
Raye Smith

I had one KK once, never again. Basically it was sugar covered Styrofoam. Even Dunkin' Donuts can do better than that...

Save    
marylmi

I don't think I have ever had one. I used to like Dunkin' Donuts and loved the whipped creme like filling and chocolate frosting. It might be a good thing they closed in our area! :)

1 Like Save    
chloebud

LOL, Glenda, each time I hear Krispy Kreme I think of Paula Deen using their glazed donuts for hamburger buns. :-/

We have a little donut place in our town with quite a following. The lines of people waiting can wrap around the building. People come from all over Southern CA to wait in line. Their fresh peach and strawberry donuts are especially popular. https://www.thedonutmanca.com/

2 Likes Save    
sjerin

I think WholeFoods makes delicious doughnuts. I decided to have one yesterday; since I didn't have glasses on to read the signs, I ended up with a vegan (I'm not a vegan,) glazed and I have to say, it was really wonderful! It did sit in the tum for quite some time--I don't buy doughnuts very often. :)

Save    
Elmer J Fudd

I very rarely eat doughnuts. I don't find them compelling to eat, just another type of fried food best avoided.

I do remember having Krispy Kreme a few times some decades ago when they first came to my area. It was a flash in the pan phenomenon, an initial buzz and then they flamed out. If I recall correctly, I found them less tasty than what was made by most local doughnut places.

I've never been in a Dunkin store. There are some around now, there never used to be.

Save    
patriciae_gw

I knew KK from my time in the south and when one opened here locally I thought it would be the same but it was nothing like-the old ones were light and fairly large but here they were small soggy super sweet things. Now KK were always sweet but this stuff was gummy. The business lasted a couple years. I am not much of a fan of donuts at the best of times but when they were fresh hot one was pretty good.

Save    
PRO
Anglophilia

I used to love KK when they were straight from the oven. But now I find them WAY too sweet.

When I was a child, there was a donut shop in Kansas City we always went to. It was called Jack Frost's Donuts. I especially loved their cake donuts - so light. Long gone...

Save    
ont_gal

AFAIK I've never had one.

Save    
cynic

They're nothing special to me. Just sugar and mush. I'd much prefer a glazed donut from a good local bakery. Still sweet but has substance.

Save    
rob333 (zone 7a)

Oh ho! Nothing compares to a brioche donut.

https://www.instagram.com/thedonutanddog/?hl=en

Save    
Lars

There is a Krispy Kreme in Santa Monica not too far from me, but I live less than half a mile from the original Randy's Donuts, and they do have good doughnuts. However, I prefer their apple fritters, which I've tried to make but are not as good as Randy's. I've had better luck making beignets, but I almost never have doughnuts or apple fritters, as they are not on my diet, and I try to avoid sugar. I will eat one once in a while, if it is in front of me. I think I would like a strawberry filled doughnut.

Randy's always has a large line, and the building is quite the icon. The Donut Man looks good, especially for the strawberry filled doughnuts.

Save    
Rusty

I've only had one Krispy Kreme doughnut, and that was a very long time ago. I remember I liked it, a lot! And regretted getting only one. The next time I was in that town, it (the Krispy Kreme place) was gone. I just looked up the copycat recipe, this thread has made me want one!

Rusty

Save    
nicole___

They closed the local Krispy Kreme. Your right tho....they were really good! . We have a locally owned "Amy's Donuts". Tried it. Nothing special and 3 times the price!

At the grocery store, I purchased a chocolate covered cinnamon roll the other day. I'm good for the week! :0)

Save    
katrina_ellen

Glad you enjoyed a warm donut Glenda - its enjoying the simple things in life that show an attitude of gratitude.

Save    
Marilyn_Sue

Sounds good to me Glenda.

Sue

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Homes Around the World My Houzz: Australian Family Builds Its ‘20-Year House’
Designing from scratch enables a Melbourne couple to create a home their kids can grow up in
Full Story
Your First House New Year’s Resolutions for Minimalists
Pledge to do these 12 things in 2018 and you may find you’re more satisfied with less
Full Story
Life 10 Things to Remember During Your New Year’s Clutter Purge
Fast-track the process and ease the stress by making a plan before you start decluttering
Full Story